Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Vehicle Registration Certificate / Vehicle Licensing Cert - Garage Hassling Me

Options
  • 12-02-2008 6:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,946 ✭✭✭

Hi

I traded in my old car three weeks ago and got a new one.

I signed the back of the Vehicle Registration Certificate and the SIMI trade in docket which the garage had and I drove off.

Now the garage are looking for a Vehicle Licensing Certificate which I never had and they claim I said I would send it on to them.

Is the VRC not a combined Licensing cert also?

S

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7 golfpix

what year was the car registered? Some older cars have no combined VRC and VLC.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

you should have both

• Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

sounds like you gave them the old style cert of registration which is no good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,946 ✭✭✭slumped

colm_mcm wrote: »
    sounds like you gave them the old style cert of registration which is no good.

I gave them the combined form, the one that is folded like an A5 booklet - front cover, two pages inside detail the car's details and back page has a form which you sign showing change of ownership.

This is the cover: Media,3081,en.jpg

Is this not the only form needed??

S

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

slumped wrote: »
    I gave them the combined form, the one that is folded like an A5 booklet - front cover, two pages inside detail the car's details and back page has a form which you sign showing change of ownership.

This is the cover: Media,3081,en.jpg

Is this not the only form needed??

S

Yup that's all you need. Tell them to get screwed and learn their job!!

• Advertisement

what he said ^^^^

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Either way can they not just apply for a new one? We're in the process of trading in the missus car. We couldnt find the VLC up till today, said this to the guy in the garage on saturday and he said no problem, they'd sort it themselves. Found it in the end anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

Surely only the current registered owner can apply for a new VLC?

Or is the situation different if you are a dealer?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

colm_mcm wrote: »
    what he said ^^^^
    +1.

You gave them everything.

If the garage does an RF105 form, (NOTIFICATION OF TRANSFER OF VEHICLE OWNERSHIP TO A MOTOR DEALER) -which they should when trading in a car-
    they can apply for a duplicate cert. it still gets sent out to the owner and not the garage though, even though the garage applies for it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,946 ✭✭✭slumped

it would appear that the garage in question have lost the certificate I gave them. They are looking again this morning to find it.

Hard to believe that a main dealership, established for over 30 years would treat a customer like this.

Surely they know what they are doing!

Thanks all.

Advertisement