Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Insurance at 21...

Options
  • 12-02-2008 7:24pm
    Moderators Posts: 12,374 ✭✭✭✭

Ive been looking around at different insurance companies quotes for myself. 21, male, 1.4 00 civic, 3yrs NCB (1 year in my own name but FBD took it as 2yrs NCB when i got insured last year)

Checked out the new Ryanair insurance. There cheaper by a small bit compared to my current FBD quote of 1650 (inc NCB protection).
    Allianz quick quote quoted me 800 but i need to ring em for a proper quote, im guessing it wont be twice as much in the full quote.
    Quinn quoted me 1000 but you never really know with their online quotes.

Im amazed at the difference being 21 makes, allianz knock off 600 for being 1 year older.
    Similar with Quinn.

Whats the reasoning?
    Im awful tempted to change insurance because ive just turned 21, get money back off FBD and change to allianz who seem to be the cheapest.

Anyone else notice this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭Breezer

Yep, got 400 or 500 knocked off mine when I turned 21. 25 seems to be the next major age-related reduction. Surprised at that FBD quote though, I'm only in a 1.0 L but I had no NCB in my own name and they quoted me €850 fully comp.

Advertisement