Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ass-assins Creed

Options
  • 12-02-2008 7:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 35

Dear everyone. Earlier last year my friends and I were all set for the mometus occasion of Assassins Creed's release. The altar was built, and the virgins primed (us). In a moment of jest, i swore that if Assassins Creed wasn't the greatest gaming experience of all time, i would gladly hurl my cherished Computer into the red hot heat of the sun. Then, the great day arrived, and i had my first taste of the game on my friends Xbox. Later that day my brother talked me down from the roof. Since then i have shaved my head, grown a beard, and gone to live with the Tibetan Monks of Ji'bek, in a simpler, easier existance. This game is bad. Even by bad standerds. The graphics were good, but this only meant that i could see him frolic around like a pilluk in high definition gayness. Further more, i think they could only afford one voice actor, as no matter what i did, i was greated with the following: "Oh thank you, you're great, im not.", over and over and over and over. So let me emphasize my distast in the manner acustmed to Assassins players.
    "It's Bad"
    "It's Bad"
    "It's Bad"
    "It's Bad"
    "It's Bad"
    "It's Bad"

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

I actually enjoyed it, repetetive as it was...

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,634 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

i loved it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 327 ✭✭Jackabo

Repetetive deffo ,but i enjoyed it also,thought it wasnt half bad,and very nice to look at.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭Jack Sheehan

It wasn't 'bad' as such. All the jumping around killing people was fun, it was just a little repetitive.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

tman wrote: »
    I actually enjoyed it, repetetive as it was...

+1

Half the fun was just climbing up buildings and trying to make big jumps.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭Steez

Plus the fighting with citizens. And the retard/homeless person throwing.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I have been enjoying this game, took a break for a couple of months so I could play other games but back to it now and in the last stages.
    I really love the look and feel of the game, going from Jerusalem to Acre and to Damascus is wonderful, the missions do feel a tad samey after a while but so what? Just climbing every tower and taking on a crowd of enemy guards is great fun, and there is enough in the game to keep you playing til the end.
    Perhaps agent 47 simply didn't play it enough, it certainly doesn't deserve the pasting he gave it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,993 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Makaveli wrote: »
    +1

Half the fun was just climbing up buildings and trying to make big jumps.

Agreed. I'm playing it at the moment and am enjoying it.

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

Looking foward to the March release of the Directors Cut on PC which adds in 4 additional mission types. Should keep the repetitive nature away bit longer :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

yeah it was a decent game but having to run around a frickin mountain every level to get to a your destination was annoying, the end had way too much fighting in it & not enought stealthy-shenanigans

i think yathzee's review of it summed it up correctly - faffing-about-creed

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

I really enjoyed it. I think the problem a lot of people had with it is that from the descriptions of the game given by the developers, people extrapolated out a lot of things they wished were in the game and as they hype grew more and more people started believing the game was going to be everything they wanted it to be. As far as I'm aware the game delivered everything the developers said it would, but people who had raised their own expectations far beyond that were left dissapointed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭Branoic

yep, I too enjoyed it. Sure, the missions were repetitive and the whole "Kingdom" area was a wasted opportunity for....well, for anything, but overall it was very good. I actually really liked the combat system. Once you got countering with the hidden blade down you were awesome.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,460 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Yeah I enjoyed it too. Although repetition is grating in the last couple of missions especially, overall it was a fun experience. In terms of character control, it was a massive leap forward, and if the developers take on board the numerous criticisms gamers have aimed at the first one, the sequel will be something very special indeed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭0ubliette

climbing the massive, MASSIVE church in Acre and just sitting there looking out over the entire city was epic. Great game spoiled by repetition and bizarre future bits, but not spoiled much. Certainly an enjoyable game, and quite an interesting story too, looking forward to seeing what they do with it. Altair is cool :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

i thought it was well worth the purchase and ive no regrets, great game

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

fantastic game, great story, the missions got repetitive but it looked amazing and i certainly didnt get bored playing it, i cant wait for the next one!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭corblimey

Yeah, I enjoyed it, *hated* the ending and the DS version is p!ss poor, but the original was good fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

0ubliette wrote: »
    Great game spoiled by repetition and bizarre future bits, but not spoiled much.

The future bits (or really present bits) were a bit lame alright but as a plot device they worked quite well really. Also, they have no real effect on the game itself.

Repetitive but great fun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 agent 47

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I
    Perhaps agent 47 simply didn't play it enough, it certainly doesn't deserve the pasting he gave it.
    I did play it and complete it twice and got a fair few achievements also. I just want to vent my anger out about how disappointed I am with it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

If it was such a steaming pile of crap to you, why bother playing through it twice?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

I too am firmly in the "it was good" camp. The control system was superb for the style of gameplay that was involved. I dont think we have seen a console game like it. The deceptively simple controls makes this one of the first games where I think the control system will be much better on the console than on the PC. Thankfully though I managed to avoid all of the hype surrounding the game and so went into the game with an open mind. I think that helped me enjoy it a helluva lot more than most.

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭Lawless_Samurai

Yeah I was the same as Ivan. Didn't pay much attention to what everyone was saying and I think its benifited my enjoyment of gameplay

That and the HD tv always help! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭Branoic

TBH with a name like "agent47" I can understand why you didn't like it. If you were expecting a sort of medieval Hitman game, then yes, the assassinations weren't half as involved as those in the Hitman games. Still though, in and of itself it was a great game.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

agent 47 wrote: »
    I did play it and complete it twice

WTH??? seriously... who plays through something TWICE that they hated?

It's like someone over in the movies forum saying, "I hated Batman & Robin so much that I watched it twice"...

It just doesn't add up.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,634 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

doesnt make any sense at all, plus i like got 800+ avhievments from 1 playthrough you must me some sort of complete noob, jesus. lol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

What I think is needed here is the Chewbacca defense (yes I know, how very retro of me)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chewbacca_defense

Agent47 played a game more then once that he/she/it hated. Now think about it; that does not make sense!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

If you ended up disappointed with this game, well, it's your own fault for believing the hype. Personally I found it really quite fun. Yeah, the sub-missions weren't nearly varied enough, but there's a lot of satisfaction to be had for a mission going well. Killing someone in broad daylight in the town square and disappearing into the crowd before anyone points the finger at you is almost as good as finishing a mission in Thief. Almost.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

On the one hand the game was a bit poo (as is any game where the graphics are used to defend it)

On the other hand, she made it

Jade-Ubidays-sm.jpg

... <drool> ...

So you can see the dilemma.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭0ubliette

Wicknight wrote: »
    On the one hand the game was a bit poo (as is any game where the graphics are used to defend it)

On the other hand, she made it

Jade-Ubidays-sm.jpg

... <drool> ...

So you can see the dilemma.

Ah Jade....i'd crawl over a field of broken glass on my belly just to have a **** in her shadow

Advertisement