Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ass-assins Creed

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭thelordofcheese

Wicknight wrote: »
    On the one hand the game was a bit poo (as is any game where the graphics are used to defend it)

On the other hand, she made it

Jade-Ubidays-sm.jpg

... <drool> ...

So you can see the dilemma.

Not really, it's a rubbish game, I don't care that the lead producer happens to look somewhat presentable.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭MikeHoncho

I thought the thread name "Ass-assins" creed would surely be dedicated to the lovely Jade but was disapointed with the first few posts. Thanks to the last few posters for bringing the thread on track.

MMM Jade.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

MikeHoncho wrote: »
    I thought the thread name "Ass-assins" creed would surely be dedicated to the lovely Jade but was disapointed with the first few posts. Thanks to the last few posters for bringing the thread on track.

MMM Jade.

Well its a touchy subject these days after that comic of her, er, "persuading" fans to buy the game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

happens to look somewhat presentable.

That is a bit of an understatement isn't it ....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 327 ✭✭Jackabo

0ubliette wrote: »
    Ah Jade....i'd crawl over a field of broken glass on my belly just to have a **** in her shadow
    Pmsl !!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

Surprisingly enough, I liked it...for an hour. It's terrible, why didn't I listen ot my friend?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

God I hate this game. It's so damn repetitive, all the missions are basically the same with the same sub-missions!! As for the story..just when you might be getting into it, feeling your an actual assassin, the game cuts back to a cut scene to remind you your not, that your a bar man instead..great.

There better be major improvements in the next game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Daithi412

got it christmas day, enjoyed it, looked class, however finished story in a week of casual use, and yea it was repetitive...

HOWEVER

if the makers take note of everyone talkin about the repetiveness, then they will make one hell of a sequel, it needs a better storyline....

anyone think collecting the flags is a total waste of time? so boring its not even worth the acieviment imo:D

as long as they dont set the sequel "in the future", it should be good.

just take the game as a E60 beta...:)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

Am I the only one who doesn't think it looks class ?
    It doesn't look that next gen to me..and I'm playing it on a nice little 42 inch plasma :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,414 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I have'nt had a chance to play this yet,how many hours is it to play through roughly?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

I finished in a week of fairly casual playing, so if you don't bother about the achievements like collecting flags and killing Templars, I'd imagine you could finish it in under 30 hours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

I'd say less than 20 hours is closer, and that was including finding all of the viewpoints and completing all of the citizen saving missions...
    Decent enough value for money anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

I occasionally come back to it, purely to leap about rooftops like a tit because it's just so much fun. And now I can stab those bloody annoying beggars with impunity...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 agent 47

Benzino wrote: »
    God I hate this game. It's so damn repetitive, all the missions are basically the same with the same sub-missions!! As for the story..just when you might be getting into it, feeling your an actual assassin, the game cuts back to a cut scene to remind you your not, that your a bar man instead..great.

There better be major improvements in the next game.

THANK YOU!!!
    That sums it up entirlly. And also to that other guy who wanted the game to be more like theif. And to you guys who are wondering why i replayed the game, my mate was as eager as me to see it, so we ran through it again.
    HE HATES ME NOW!!!
    And yeah, slicing an dicing is fun, but you can do that in your kitchen, and anything that more fun with bread, does NOT belong on my gaming shelf.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,058 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

How bout you go out and make a game look as good as that, with controls as fluid and instant, a story which hasn't really been done before, leave it on a cliffhanger, and give the potential to be a multi-sequel big seller?

Yes, it was repetitive, but it's not fricken bad for an early PS3 game! Alot of pap came out when the PS and PS2 was released. And funny enough that you finished the game een though you hated it, and when your "friend" wanted to see it you played through the whole game again? Sounds sussed...

Worse games have come out, and this game never promised to be the next MGS or Hitman or (insert savage game title here). Programmers and developers are still learning on the PS3, give them time for Christy's sake!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭Branoic

agent 47 wrote: »
    And to you guys who are wondering why i replayed the game, my mate was as eager as me to see it, so we ran through it again.

Your mate wanted to see the game, so you played through the whole thing again to show it to him? Couldn't you just have loaded up the odd save game and show him half an hour or something?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭steviec

Worse games have come out, and this game never promised to be the next MGS or Hitman or (insert savage game title here). Programmers and developers are still learning on the PS3, give them time for Christy's sake!

The mistakes made with Assassin's Creed were design decisions, not technical ones.

That said, I really enjoyed the game overall and think it's judged far too harshly in general. I certainly enjoyed it a lot more than CoD4 or Bioshock or Halo 3 or any of the other many FPSes (except maybe Orange Box) that gained so much praise last year.

Advertisement