Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Road Direction advice.

Options
  • 12-02-2008 7:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 638 ✭✭✭

I'm just learning to drive and wish to take the N11 to work. I take Parnell road right down to canal road that crosses the N11. I used my satnav to get me that far :)
    However when i got to the corner of canal road crossing the N11 (just at the bridge that crosses Lesson street canal). There is a No right turn sign up. This surprised me considering its the N11 and i figured it would be a common route to take given the wide and straight road to it.
    Is this sign refering to my road or another? I only got a few seconds to look at it before i had to go cause cars were beeping me!
    Is the alternative to carry on the take a right at susex road or Burlington road.
    Is right turns allowed on these roads? Im using google map and my sat nav for info here. I'd also like to try avoid any tiny squeezing roads with parked cars on either side just until i learn to judge gaps better.

Thanks for any advice.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

There is an alternative to taking the right turn on Burlington bridge (if its called that). Continue up the one way system past the Burlington hotel or the site where it used to be :p. Take the right turn at the Bank of Ireland (slip lane) so your now heading back into town, but go left at the second set of lights.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

Hal, I think he's trying to get ONTO the N11 from the Canal...

All you do is go up to the next right turn (don't know what it's called). The Junction on the bridge is no right turn to keep the traffic flowing and prevent the crossroads getting blocked.

You will come out at the far side of O'Brien's Pub, just up from the Burlington Hotel.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Pines

The right turn is Sussex Terrace. Looky here, OP. I drawn it up good:

http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=1620853

• Registered Users Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭dubtom

He's right,that is drawed good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

He drawed what I sayed.

Yeeeeeeehaaar!

• Advertisement
Advertisement