Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help

Options
  • 12-02-2008 8:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 25

Just being told i have to give a short presentation in the morning for work... in front of all my bosses...

S**ting it big time here as i know i'm going to mess up big time

this was not in the job description...

any advice, help pls?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 little monster

Hi, do you get blocks in your speech or is it only the normal panic to speak in public?
    If your boss is a nice person, I would suggest you to tell him that you are nervous about this first presentation, this will take away some of the tension, I think.
    Also try to rehearse and prepare the speech in advance. In addition, the support of a powerpoint presentation and notes will give you some extra confidence.
    Do not forget a positive attitude and some humour, with them you will be feel more confident and you'll find easier to deal with the blocks.

Good luck and let us know how it went!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 tonypony

thanks little monster,

was going to tell my boss today but was too embarrassed I guess,

trying to make myself as relaxed as possible for this, doing well so far just hope I dont loose it tomor

will let ya know, hopefully its goes well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭Xhristy

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement