Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Restaurant on the way to Cork Airport

Options
  • 12-02-2008 8:01pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hey,

Iv to pick up the parents from the airport tonight from Waterford. Would like to stop along the way for a bit of grub, any suggestions? Will be myself and the girlfriend travelling. Probably asking a tad bit to late :p

Cheers.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

Eddie Rocket's at the bottom of the hill, there 'aint no finer diner...

Seriously though, what kind of food?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭Femelade

you should go into the cork international hotel..its into the right past aload of units before you get to the airport..
    they have a half a plane in there! that you can actually eat in!!but they have proper tables too of course..its supposed to be nice, never been myself.
    http://www.corkinternationalairporthotel.com/index.html

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Looking for somewhere to get a proper dinner, rather not a take away!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

Dunno if the bull mc cabes (half way up the hill at the lights) do evening food or not.. but theyre great. Other than that, the international airport hotel is nice. Wouldnt be too pushed with the radisson. There's a nice place in the terminal itself upstairs. Lovely lunches in there but again dont know what the deal is with evening food.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Illkillya

There's also the place just off the Kinsale Roundabout on the airport road. Can't remember the name of it... standard carvery fare.

Might be worth taking a small detour into Douglas, which is just off the South Link on the way to the airport. Or else I would stop in Midleton if you're going through it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭LilMrsDahamsta

Cork International Airport Hotel or the Radisson at Cork Airport. Food in both is lovely, but the former is worth seeing - the interior decor is something else!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭babyguinnessfan

God - I never knew about the Cork International Hotel. It looks lovely. Must definitely go up for a drink in the rotating bar some evening!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

Me neither.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Tried calling the Hotel but no answer, so ended up having Subway. There was a lovely thatched restaurant on the way up that I had eaten in before but it was like 11 by the time we arrived up there.

The hotel seems nice but the sign makes it look VERY tacky!

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭DJ Hafez

Sully wrote: »
    The hotel seems nice but the sign makes it look VERY tacky!

Was supposed to be a radisson you see, but then the radisson group took over the great southern hotels. So with about two or 3 months before the opening they pulled out and it was just named the "cork international hotel". Shame, maybe a big group will take it over eventually

• Advertisement
Advertisement