Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Number of Properties available for rent has doubled in last 3 months

Options
  • 12-02-2008 8:03pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 339 ✭✭

New figures today show that the supply of properties available to rent across the country increased by almost 50% in the last three months of 2007.

Daft.ie's latest rental report says that this dramatic increase in supply has led to a levelling off in rents, with the average rent countrywide unchanged at €1,388.

Daft says the increase in supply is probably due to investors releasing more properties onto the rental market, thus pushing up the overall level of supply.

It says that rental growth slowed to 4.3% year on year, the slowest pace since November 2005.

'Rents have now stopped increasing for the first time since they started to rise in mid-2004, when Ireland opened its labour markets to the new EU members,' commented Daft's economist Ronan Lyons.

http://www.rte.ie/business/2008/0212/daft.html

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Cannonbury

I don't think this is true and would love to know where they get their 'facts' from as I've been searching for a DECENT one bed apt around the city centre for a while now with no luck. All thats available is small pokey dark and very expensive places.

If anyone here knows of a 1 bed apt to rent in smithfield market please contact me.

thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭martian1980

Cannonbury wrote: »
    I don't think this is true and would love to know where they get their 'facts' from as I've been searching for a DECENT one bed apt around the city centre for a while now with no luck. All thats available is small pokey dark and very expensive places.

If anyone here knows of a 1 bed apt to rent in smithfield market please contact me.

thanks.

you're wondering where the property rental website daft gets its stats and facts from? Let me see...

Regards getting a place, I got a nice south-facing 1 bed apartment in the IFSC within a week of looking a month ago for 1100. If you're looking for lower prices than that, prices were never going to drop straight away - these things take time to filter through.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭jimbozo

No of Properties available for rent has doubled in last 3 months

It has gone up by 50%, doubling would involve going up 100%.

Advertisement