Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gamertag / Live help...

• 12-02-2008 9:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭

Finally got around to hooking 360 up to a router over the weekend, but as I signed in to Live, my gamertag that I've been using turns out to be already in use.
    So while thinking I was changing the profile name on my existing gamertag to one that was unused, I ended up signing up a new blank gamertag to my M$ Live ID. I only realised that it was a new account after it got created and now I'm stuck with a Live tag with no points/achievements etc and my old tag that can't go on Live.
    I've tried signing up the established gamertag (with now edited name) to the same M$ Live ID but it won't let me, because the new one is tied to it.
    What can I do here if anything? I'm stuck with a gamertag on Live that I don't really want, while my established tag can't go online.
    Tried googling but not much help...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭Not The Real Scarecrow

think you're screwed dude, have chatted witha few other people that did the same thing and they couldn't sort it out at all.I'd chuck off an email to x box on their home page and see if they can help out but I wouldn't hold my breath.
    Sorry bout that dude.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,117 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

It is possible to merge your two accounts and there is a page on xbox about how to do it. Not got the link in my current bookmarks but i'll dig it out later when infront of the right machine.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,117 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Nearly forgot about this:

Clicky

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Oops forgot about posting this. Thanks for the link robinph, I'll try and see if I can get that to work. Still means my windows passport and thusly MSN IM is linked to the other useless account.
    Thanks for the replies guys.

Advertisement