Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Edged Weapons

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭arnhem44

I went on to the sword forum site and I'm afraid there not taking any members at the moment so back to square one,no doubt the answer to this one will come at some stage

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

Arnhem, would you like me to put the pics up and an info request on your behalf? If so just say, tis no trouble at all :cool: I'm still going with a hunting sword of some description, it certainly isnt military, at least that handle isnt anyway.

Arnhem, would you like me to put the pics up and an info request on your behalf? If so just say, tis no trouble at all :cool: I'm still going with a hunting sword of some description, it certainly isnt military, at least that handle isnt anyway.
    That would be great CB if you wouldn't mind,it would be interesting to know what it is,when i got my hands on this I didn't think much of it at first,I thought it may of been something that was tampered with but saying that it all looks to be original the more you look at it,cheers;)

got this from my father yesterday,a WW2 period jack knife which has seen service and has been sharpened,it has Sheffield England on the blade

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 493 ✭✭bradnailer

arnhem44 wrote: »
    got this from my father yesterday,a WW2 period jack knife which has seen service and has been sharpened,it has Sheffield England on the blade

If you want info on Sheffield folders check out this thread and post your pic

http://www.britishblades.com/forums/showthread.php?t=55385

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 224 ✭✭Angry Troll

hi there, anyone have an idea what a german air force officers‘ sword and dagger (pre-war make in good condition, no rust or anything) might be worth to a collector? we have had grandpa’s stuff at home for decades and i have always wondered what it might be worth…just a rough estimate will do, like the price range we’d be talking…unfortunately haven’t any pictures of the things right now…surely somebody around here knows about that sort of stuff, thanks a lot in advance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,371 ✭✭✭Fuinseog

hi there, anyone have an idea what a german air force officers‘ sword and dagger (pre-war make in good condition, no rust or anything) might be worth to a collector? we have had grandpa’s stuff at home for decades and i have always wondered what it might be worth…just a rough estimate will do, like the price range we’d be talking…unfortunately haven’t any pictures of the things right now…surely somebody around here knows about that sort of stuff, thanks a lot in advance.

What it is worth depends on the condition and the maker. if there is a tale behind it then its worth more.
    I recommend you check out Klaus Butschek. He sells a lot of edged weapons
    At a rough guess I would say around 400 Euro if it is in a half decent condition.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 224 ✭✭Angry Troll

Fuinseog wrote: »
    What it is worth depends on the condition and the maker. if there is a tale behind it then its worth more.
    I recommend you check out Klaus Butschek. He sells a lot of edged weapons
    At a rough guess I would say around 400 Euro if it is in a half decent condition.

cheers, will do

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Jim S

Some beautiful daggers - not something I know a lot about but very nice to see, ., thank you.

Advertisement