Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

To buy or not to Buy - VRT/Tax???

Options
  • 12-02-2008 9:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

The big question is, do you wait until July to buy a new car and get a reduced vrt and tax or just wait until Jan 09. What would you do? Is anyone out there like me, who wants to buy a new car this year, but is really confused with this vrt and tax thing? not sure whether to believe my dealer:confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭E92

4istic wrote: »
    The big question is, do you wait until July to buy a new car and get a reduced vrt and tax or just wait until Jan 09. What would you do? Is anyone out there like me, who wants to buy a new car this year, but is really confused with this vrt and tax thing? not sure whether to believe my dealer:confused:

If you click on the link in my sig, you might find some answers;)!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

4istic wrote: »
    not sure whether to believe my dealer:confused:
    It doesn't affect coke, hash, smack etc, only cars.

(Sorry couldn't resist:D)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

Go to your (car) dealer and see what they say, what they recommend and why.

Come back here and report on your conversation. You'll quickly be told if you're being treated fairly or if the dealer's advising you incorrectly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭E92

^ What AudiChris said. The link in my sig will answer your question very quickly, since it has the prices of what all cars currently on sale should be costing in 5 months time(I use the word should because apart from BMW and MINI, who will be passing on the VRT savings fully, we don't know what anyone else is doing), plus CO2 data, so you can easily work out what road tax you would pay in July compared to now.

Advertisement