Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Football Manager Official January Update

Options
  • 12-02-2008 10:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭

This should be out soon. Does anyone know the exact date?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

That's a 2007 patch...

The v8.0.1 from January is still the lates isnt it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

Have it installed and am delighted to see spurs despite their 3 defensive signings still have an even bigger budget. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

7 Subs in England from the 2008/2009 season added! Nice :)

BTW here's a quick link for the update if you want to get it done ASAP.

http://www.mediafire.com/?5kdjyfaetsu

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,313 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Will this update any current games in progress or will I have to start from scratch after installing?

Zaph wrote: »
    Will this update any current games in progress or will I have to start from scratch after installing?

Start from scratch. That's always been the way as far as I know unfortunately.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,313 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Cheers. Probably for the best, it's not as if I was setting the managerial world alight. :D

flyswatter wrote: »
    Start from scratch. That's always been the way as far as I know unfortunately.

it wasn't for 8.0.1.

edit: no wait, i could be wrong. i can't remember if started in .0 or .1 now...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Nice. Gives me a reason to try out a higher league.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭pele10

great stuff, thats tonights activities sorted then:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Yeh, tis save game compatible. The new Prem 7 sub rule kicks in the following season.

Just have to point out that there is an issue with the 8.02 patch.

Issue - Tottenham become very rich, and Portsmouth poor, in the first season.

Who will it affect - Affects all newly started games with 8.02 data update.

Fix - using the data editor provided with the game, load the 8.02 database into the editor. Search in the "clubs" section for "Portsmouth". Go to the "finances" tab, then "contract clauses 2". Find "Jermain Defoe" (5th from bottom in the list). Change "per league appearances" to "after league appearances".

Source: http://community.sigames.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/521102691/m/9102059083

quick question,

with the 8.0.2 patch, can you start a game in Jan.08 or does it start as normal and the transfers that happened in Jan are pre.arranged?

kaimera wrote: »
    quick question,

with the 8.0.2 patch, can you start a game in Jan.08 or does it start as normal and the transfers that happened in Jan are pre.arranged?

The game starts at the start of the season as usual but with the January transfers included in the squads. Hope that helps.

thank ya sir.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Is there an online list of the changes?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭Keith C

flyswatter wrote: »
    BTW here's a quick link for the update if you want to get it done ASAP.

http://www.mediafire.com/?5kdjyfaetsu

Downloaded this but my laptop cannot find file to open application, where do i get the program to run the patch?

Keith C wrote: »
    Downloaded this but my laptop cannot find file to open application, where do i get the program to run the patch?

winrar is what you need. the patch itself is a self installing .exe that shouldn't need a program to run it once it's been extracted by winrar. if you've used winrar to extract it and you're PC still can't run it then I'd say your download was corrupt. just try a different location (like this).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭Keith C

winrar is what you need. the patch itself is a self installing .exe that shouldn't need a program to run it once it's been extracted by winrar. if you've used winrar to extract it and you're PC still can't run it then I'd say your download was corrupt. just try a different location (like this).

Cheers got winrar from that site & patch ran grand

• Advertisement

Galvasean wrote: »
    Is there an online list of the changes?

Yep. It's all here. http://community.sigames.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/521102691/m/1842088083 I still can't believe they let that Jermain Defoe error slip in though.

Advertisement