Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

How do I book test with SGS??

Options
  • 12-02-2008 10:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi there, I only realised today that there is a Test Centre near my house in Tyrrellstown, but I cant seem to find how to book it anywhere? SGS site dont seem to have a booking option but the centre is not listed on RSA's site either.

Any Ideas???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭ztoical

L wrote:
    Hi there, I only realised today that there is a Test Centre near my house in Tyrrellstown, but I cant seem to find how to book it anywhere? SGS site dont seem to have a booking option but the centre is not listed on RSA's site either.

Any Ideas???

as far as I know SGS is a 3rd party that RSA is using to get through the backlog. You don't book with SGS you book vis the RSA and if they can't fit you within X amount of time they sub contract the work out to SGS and you get a letter telling you to ring them to arrange your test. Thou wait till someone either confirms this or corrects me.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Some candidates are selected at random to do the SGS test. You don't request to be tested by SGS.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 "L"

Thanks for that,

I applied for Finglas so I'll just wait and see now.

Thanks

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

You could be sent to Northpoint SGS if you booked it for Finglas

http://www.drivertesting.ie/generalinfo.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭buckfast4me

lol they say the hardest thing about passing in an SGS centre is actually getting to the centre. Everyone I know who does them in SGS has passed (including myself!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭ztoical

they say the hardest thing about passing in an SGS centre is actually getting to the centre.

thats very true of the kilkenny SGS centre the road leading up to it is all ripped up and its an adventure getting there [its also the way to the NCT centre so if your car wasn't f*ucked already it was when you got there]

where did my reply go?

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,749 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

I believe that it was removed because people don't understand gibberish!
    Moral: you have a full keyboard so don't use text speak!

My god :rolleyes:

What p***ed me off was it was a helpful post too. I was just warning anyone does their driving test in ballymun sgs that the road leading to the centre is horrible (loose chippings, gravel, barrels, dogs, travellers) so take care, its a good idea to check it out a few days before your test so you are prepared.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,749 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

I did not delete it but it was gibberish.
    Anyhow, if you dislike the course of action taken then take it to feedback!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

I was just warning anyone does their driving test in ballymun sgs that the road leading to the centre is horrible (loose chippings, gravel, barrels, dogs, travellers) so take care, its a good idea to check it out a few days before your test so you are prepared.
    It's not that bad and is only a few metres. I've been in much more intimidating areas.

Many motorists will have gone there for their NCT test and would be familiar with it. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭newtothis

I booked my test with finglas and put in a note that i would also do it in ballymun, i recieved a letter from sgs a few months later and was told to ring to book my test, i then found out that there was a new test centre opening in tyrrelstown where i lived for five years and now i'm 5 mins down the road, so i booked with tyrrelstown and have my test next month, it opens for business 3rd march!

I was listening to Matt Cooper today.
    Apparently RSA gives preference to people with more expierence who haven't defered a test, when allocating candidates to SGS.

Advertisement