Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

J1 no-no?

• 12-02-2008 11:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 37

Think it'd be asking for trouble I if I turned up to the embassy interview with green hair? (I wanna do it for paddy's day) :D

Comments

As long as you dont have a towel wrapped around your head you should be fine

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

Hahaha, classic.

I'd say you'd have no problem, green hair dye doesn't make your hair bright green.

Might not even notice... wear a hat... that says I LOVE AMERICA!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 phreneticus

em, it does if your "friends" make you bleach your hair first so it comes out exactly the shade on the tin. ohdeargod.
    oh yeah, forgot to mention there may be an issue of me being MADE to do this also..... :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,801 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Ahhh bless... Students. You're given an education, but really learn fcuk all.
    What an incredible waste of my taxes.

Just have a little think about what's more important...
    Looking like a twat on St Patrick's Day?
    A better chance of getting your J1?

I'm lovin' it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Hill Billy wrote: »

Bitter about missing out on college? Aw...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

I'll write you a refund cheque when I learn to spel. And ad. ;)

• Subscribers Posts: 32,856 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

You have to have an interview to get a J1 visa now??????

What a pain in the hole.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

5starpool wrote: »
    You have to have an interview to get a J1 visa now??????

What a pain in the hole.
    Meh. Its not that bad. I was nervous beforehand, but I just ended up chatting to the guy about the trees in New Hampshire vs the trees in Yosemite.

And what yer man said above is unfortunately true. The only guy I know who was refused a visa is an arab.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,209 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

I'm lovin' it!

I'd like my Mcdonald's meal LARGE please

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

Go with the green hair man.
    And in July when you get a nice postcard with a picture of Pacific Beach on it, think back to that day in March when you were The Shit!

lol :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,801 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

MrJoeSoap wrote: »
    Bitter about missing out on college? Aw...

Au contraire! And you may refer to me as Dr. Hill Billy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭jackdaw

Out of interest, since back in my J1 days 2000 and 2002 there weren't interviews, what do they ask you ? how long does it last ? are you supposed to write an essay etc ??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭Naked Lepper

Its extortion is what it is.
    €80 they charge for you to stand like a prick in ballsbridge queing like some unemployed 1980's chippy.
    When you get in you stand at a desk like in your local credit union and the following conversation takes place;

Man with badge: "Where are you Going?"
    Student: "California"
    Man with badge: "Do you have employment secured?"
    Student: "No"
    Man with Badge: "Ok, can you put your index finget on this machine please"
    Student: "ok"
    Man with badge: "Ok then, we're all done, enjoy you trip to the United States" "oh and thanks for that €80 bucks"
    Student: /pulls up pants.

Those pricks refused me a H2B visa when i went for my interview
    Went back a week later and got it the second time around because I proved that their grounds for refusing me were not true, they still took an extra "admin" fee off me, cost me 200 us dollars in total!

nothing worse than walkin o ut of the us embassy to get the dart having being refused a visa, and having left your job, got new job + gaff sorted in the usa, and booked your flights etc to leave in a few days!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

Those pricks refused me a H2B visa when i went for my interview
    Went back a week later and got it the second time around because I proved that their grounds for refusing me were not true, they still took an extra "admin" fee off me, cost me 200 us dollars in total!

nothing worse than walkin o ut of the us embassy to get the dart having being refused a visa, and having left your job, got new job + gaff sorted in the usa, and booked your flights etc to leave in a few days!!

probably a good idea to sort the visa first - but I know you probably realise that now. I'm not one for kicking a man when he's down :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,018 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

These interviews are stupid. Was craping myself when I had mine. But alas still went on a serious bender the night before, arrived in the morning late and reeking of beer. It was a joke.

Have all your info they need on the forms you fill out!

Interview? More like informal finger scaning? Arrive with green hair, a borat mankini and a tattoo of jesus on your face. I'll make little to no difference

• Subscribers Posts: 32,856 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

tbh wrote: »
    probably a good idea to sort the visa first - but I know you probably realise that now. I'm not one for kicking a man when he's down :D

From what *little* I know about the H2 visas, you need a job secured to be able to apply for one.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

Although I can't see any particular reason why green hair should be a detrement to you, I certainly cannot see any reason it would be a benefit.

Suggest rescheduling interview to a day other than March 17?

NTM

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 phreneticus

jaysus, someone's not a happy bunny, bitter much? And speak for yourself as regards learning feck all mister hill billy! Oh, and you're not the only one paying taxes you miserable old git, to the rest of you; sound dudes, USIT said it makes no difference whatsoever so I'm gonna go for it! "looking like a twat" - Well, maybe it's just me but personally I respect people with the balls to look like a twat if it makes them happy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

I paid €80 for some yank embassy dope to call me fat,

#shows passport#
    Her: "this isn't your picture"
    me: "eh, yeah it is"
    her: " really?"
    me: "yeah"
    her: "I mean you look so much slimmer in the picture"

bitch! funny thing was she must have weighed twice as much as me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭The guy

Holsten wrote: »
    Might not even notice... wear a hat... that says I LOVE AMERICA!

IF the americans can wear I love Ireland t-shirts why not?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 868 ✭✭✭DonalN

and what if you are unfortunate enough to meet some grumpy cnut who having a really bad day, and your green hair just tips him over the edge and you get refused entry, just cos he can do it!!...won't be very funny then.

not worth the risk IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

it can hardly be called an interview, i missed it the first time and was still drunk the second time.when i went through the metal detector i walked off without taking my stuff i took out of my pockets.they just laughed at me.green hair wont make a difference.

Advertisement