Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need help opening port on Eircom router

• 12-02-2008 11:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭

Hi All. i got a new ip webcam for xmas...... nice i hear you say . but it needs port 5700 open on my router any of you guys can give me any help to open this pinhole ? i use a eircom netoipa 2247 thanks guys
    :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,985 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

http://portforward.com/ has guides for that router

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭webmanie

Thank you Hitcher . i will give it a try >

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Loveless

I don't have one of those in front of me, but have opened ports succesfully before.. Basically the way I do it is:

Browse in the web config, usually => 192.168.1.254
    In the Basic settings, go into the FireWall section and change it to 'Low'.

Then switch in the Expert Mode or Advanced User section, and look for the list of "Custom Services". There is a button on the right to Add a new service. Type in a name for the service, eg. "TerminalServices". It will also ask you the Port Range to open, so if it's just one port put in 5700 - 5700.

Once the new Service is added, it will appear at the bottom of the list of the other services already enabled on the router. Click down to the bottom of the list and select the new service that you just created. There will now be a button on the screen to "Enable" the new service. Click on that and it will show you which local IP to forward the port to. So just pick the IP address of your own PC. Click Finish then and I think you're all sorted... I hope :)

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭webmanie

Hi thank you .................... and YES got it !!!! rock on !!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3 bunfluff

hi folks, i am looking to open ports for bf3 on my eircom router, i have opened all ports required, all of them with its own service name. this dose not allow me to join multiplayer games. i have previously opened these ports before but i am pretty sure they where all under the one service name and i cant remember how i did it, i have checked out portforward.com etc, but have had no success. any advise is appreciated

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 bunfluff

hi folks, i am looking to open ports for bf3 on my eircom router, i have opened all ports required, all of them with its own service name. this dose not allow me to join multiplayer games. i have previously opened these ports before but i am pretty sure they where all under the one service name and i cant remember how i did it, i have checked out portforward.com etc, but have had no success. any advise is appreciated

Advertisement