Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Work Refferences and students

Options
  • 12-02-2008 11:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭

So my landlord has given us a months notice that we have to move out due to him selling the house.

Been glued to daft the past week or so and have found a house with 5 rooms that we (me and my current flat mates) are hoping to get.

Problem is the agency wants landlord and work references from all of us. I will be getting one from the landlord any day on the post now but getting a work one is kinda hard.

In my 3 years in college I've managed not to work during the college year and i certainly don't intend to in my final year. Savings (summer work) and a VEC grant have gotten my by up until now. I haven't managed not to pay rent in the 3 years (2 at current address), I'm prob the only one who hasn't ever paid rent late in this house.

This june I'll be finished and i could likely be offered a job in the architectural practice i worked last summer.

So what do i do? Call the practice, get a college one, good word from parents about my financial situation???

Jozi

Advertisement