Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A fitted kitchen?

Options
  • 12-02-2008 11:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 313 ✭✭

Anybody recommend a good kitchen designer/maker in limerick, new house is at builders finish so needs a kitchen fitted, solid wood preferably but not necessarily. Looked in yellow pages and there are dozens of them!! No idea which are good and which are crap, personal recommendations appreciated. Also if you've encountered a bad one I'd appreciate their name even more.
    Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Cash and carry kitchens is the one I've used, and I'm very happy with it. Great quality and good prices too. Bring your measurements and try to go in when it's not too busy so you won't wait long.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Geoffey Saucer

MarkR wrote: »
    Cash and carry kitchens is the one I've used, and I'm very happy with it. Great quality and good prices too. Bring your measurements and try to go in when it's not too busy so you won't wait long.
    Emerald Kitchens are brilliant
    Excellent detail and a great price

• Registered Users Posts: 4,491 ✭✭✭sioda

Shannonside Kitchens in Dooradoyle your only choice great range of kitchen types and styles

I looked at a load of kitchen suppliers before picking them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 313 ✭✭irishshogun

Thanks Lads, I'll look into them, anybody else?

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭grasscutter

Betterbuy Kitchens on the Ballysimon road (based by the car park opposite the fire station ) did my kitchen and were spot on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭5h4mr0(k

Martin Treacy in Smithstown, Shannon does very good work. We'll worth checking out - but he's often busy, so you might have a bit of a wait....

Thanks lads you've given me good start. appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 3,189 ✭✭✭boomerang

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but will any of these kitchen suppliers also fit the kitchen for you, or do you have to find someone else to that?

And also, how accurate do your measurements have to be, and will they help you with the design?

Thanks in advance - tentatively thinking of finally fixing up my tiny kitchen this year - it hasn't had an overhaul in thirty years! :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

Let me second Cash & Carry Kitchens in Ballysimon......ask for PJ Carmody there - he looked after me and I got a pretty good deal from them; not "cheap", as such, but definitely worth the price......

Make sure you have proper exact measurements of the key items - walls and positioning of windows/doors etc. Also make sure you either plan your sockets properly or mark existing ones on the plan.

They'll double-check the plan and layout before they finalise the layout.

C&C have a list of fitters that they'd recommend, and I'll thoroughly recommend Liam Hogan as a fitter - top-notch job on my one!!!! :)

Speaking of which, make sure that - if you have any interior corners where doors meet, and if you're not having one of those hinged corner doors - that you make a note to make sure there's clearance for the door handles; LH spotted this and compensated for it, but otherwise (while the doors would have cleared) the door handles would have caught.....

Hi Liam, I appreciate the heads up on the fitter, we've gone out to C&C kithens and they seem good value but the missus has her heart set on a solid wood one.. I'd appreciate the fitters details from you if you have them in case we go with someone else..thanks again

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Hi Liam, I appreciate the heads up on the fitter, we've gone out to C&C kithens and they seem good value but the missus has her heart set on a solid wood one.. I'd appreciate the fitters details from you if you have them in case we go with someone else..thanks again

I think C&C kitchens have a printed list of recommended fitters. I'm sure they aren't exclusive to them...

I got a solid wood one from Shannonside and Dan their installer is a genius

sioda wrote: »
    I got a solid wood one from Shannonside and Dan their installer is a genius

Beginning to think you work there Sioda ;), I give em a look anyway :)

I spend a lot of time in my kitchen well did while I was at home :D

Advertisement