Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Derelict Ex-Maxol Petrol Station on the Dunmore Road

• 13-02-2008 12:40am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭

What in the name of God is the city council doing letting this eyesore sit there and rot? Its a magnet for the 15 or 20 young juvenile problem children in the area and it shouldnt be allowed to sit there as it is.

What are the plans for it!? Its crazy how its been abandoned and its attracting the next batch of Waterford's ASBO fans.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭BBM77

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭BazBox

Trotter wrote: »
    What in the name of God is the city council doing letting this eyesore sit there and rot? Its a magnet for the 15 or 20 young juvenile problem children in the area and it shouldnt be allowed to sit there as it is.

What are the plans for it!? Its crazy how its been abandoned and its attracting the next batch of Waterford's ASBO fans.

I agree, i live out in that area and they put up these steel fences around it that were knocked down within a couple of weeks and now there always a group of hoodies hanging around there!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Brendan...? ;)

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭Ri na hEireann

BazBox wrote: »
    I agree, i live out in that area and they put up these steel fences around it that were knocked down within a couple of weeks and now there always a group of hoodies hanging around there!!

I live on the Dunmore Rd too and to be honest I haven't seen anyone in there since it closed well at least not on a regular basis. Londis is the new spot.

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭BazBox

I live on the Dunmore Rd too and to be honest I haven't seen anyone in there since it closed well at least not on a regular basis. Londis is the new spot.

is that the new spot now??they always find somewhere:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭junkster12345

lmao, waterford's serial objector is at it again i see ! !!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 Brian Hitch

I have family in Dunmore East and that petrol station was my back-up plan. It was always the place we would stop to wash the car, get nice cake/buns for relations, let kids pee!!:rolleyes: It was on the right side of the rd for pulling in and out of. It must have been doing well because of its location so why did it close???????
    Now it is the eyesore from hell!!!:(:(:(

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,500 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

<snip - removing quote>

is there anything to back up this claim?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Wha? I imagine it was just part of the ongoing rationalisation by the oil companies. The sites are worth more than what can be made by selling fuel.

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 Brian Hitch

mike65 wrote: »
    Wha? I imagine it was just part of the ongoing rationalisation by the oil companies. The sites are worth more than what can be made by selling fuel.

Mike.

Bloody Oil companies!!!:mad: They are just waiting for the North Pole to melt so they can get all the oil under the ice. I was reading in Time Magazine how all the countries around the North Pole are starting to build up their armies and extend their border into the no man's land that is the North Pole.

Even Canada are at it!! Canada!!!! Jesus, Canadians are the most easy going, gentle, peaceful people on the planet!!!

So what in the meantime should they do with the petrol station??????

I know, build another fast food joint there :rolleyes::rolleyes:
    Because Waterford so needs another grease bucket!!:mad::mad::mad:

The restaurant I loved that end of town, Chez K's, has closed:(:(:( and the roadworks that are going on on the Mullinavat road are just stupid!!!:mad: and why does any care how mental Britney Spears has gone?????

Sorry, I seem to have gone off the point a little regarding the derelict petrol station.:o:o

PMS is a bitch!!!!!!:mad::mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 694 ✭✭✭Tragamin2k2

Trotter wrote: »

Ever see this thing?

Yea I think Londis installed one of those whistle things...you know where they play that noise at 30000mHz...Only people under a certain age can hear it...Anyway its meant to torment the life out of the younfellas hanging around there

Yea I think Londis installed one of those whistle things...you know where they play that noise at 30000mHz...Only people under a certain age can hear it...Anyway its meant to torment the life out of the younfellas hanging around there

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Jrad: Contact me with your proof of that statment. Untill then, dont post it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 694 ✭✭✭Tragamin2k2

There illegal in ireland, seen as a weapon or something

There illegal in ireland, seen as a weapon or something

Weapon of mass distraction....Sure if it works I don't see the problem because there is a real sense of unease around Londis and the same was true for Maxol. The sad thing is they have nothing else to do...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

Weapon of mass distraction....Sure if it works I don't see the problem because there is a real sense of unease around Londis and the same was true for Maxol. The sad thing is they have nothing else to do...

Those skangers are annoying, but they're pussies... Dunmore Road skangers ffs, acting like they're in the hood... Daddy drops them down in the merc and pays for all their Fred Perry gear. You'd shout "BOO!" and they'd jump. I used to live in Blanch... trust me, I know real skangers now when I see them.

Advertisement