Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Angry Cat Solutions?

Options
  • 13-02-2008 1:12am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭

Hi folks, we have a wee kitten (about 9 months old) she's really quiet and well behaved but recently she has started angrily going after her tail all the time and hissing at it and stuff. We've had a few cats before but haven't really seen this type of behaviour before... is it boredom or something? she's a house cat and never goes out really, there's a big 2 year old cat that lives here as well but he's always out (don't know if that's relevant!)

Can anyone suggest anything to help with whatever the problem is?

Cheers! :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Maybe she has an injury?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭EGAR

I was thinking the same, take her to the vet and have her checked out for spinal/tail injuries.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Chet T16

Has it had the snip?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

she doesn't seem like she's injured, she's jumping around the place and play fighting with us, i'll take her to checked out nonetheless. What else could it be?

She hasn't had the snip yet, no.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Chet T16

At 9 months her kitty hormones would be acting up, i'm not saying thats responsible for it but its possible

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭MsFifers

It sounds like her tail is hurting her. Better get it checked out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Rightio, i'm off on friday so we'll get her checked out then and post back here with results

• Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭MsFifers

Good idea!
    You never know with cats - when my girlie was a kitten, she was jumping about and playing in great form and it wasn't until I noticed the blood coming out of her ear that I realised she had a serious inner ear infection!

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭summer_ina_bowl

It definately sounds like the tail is irritating her, could be an injury or maybe an insect bite/sting, best thing is a visit to your vets, and i hope its nothing serious!!!

Advertisement