Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gentile out of running for assistant manager's job

• 13-02-2008 2:11am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭

Irish Examiner

13 February 2008

Gentile out of Irish running

By Tony Leen, Sports Editor
    CLAUDIO GENTILE won’t be Giovanni Trapattoni’s assistant manager with the Republic of Ireland.

Sources close to Ireland’s manager-in-waiting revealed last night that former Italian defensive hard man Gentile wants to get back into ‘front line’ management, having been out of coaching since being relieved of his duties as Italy U21 manager last year.

Gentile has been strongly linked with the new management set-up to be unveiled by the FAI today, but Trapattoni already has alternative plans, say sources. (Brady?)

The 68-year-old’s financial advisers — he does not have an agent — met yesterday in Trapattoni’s home tow of Milan with an FAI team led by chief executive John Delaney.

They agreed an “uncomplicated” pre-contract package which will become active on May 1.

However Irish fans should not expect to see ‘Trap’ in this country until his involvement ends formally with Red Bull Salzburg at the end of April.

Said the source: “Giovanni is a professional, and he will not begin his Irish planning until he has delivered another Austrian championship to Salzburg. He does not want his concentration undermined, though he is very excited about his Irish decision.”

The source added: “His financial terms are very sensible, and were immediately agreeable to all sides in the negotiations.”

Added Italian journalist Giancarlo Galavotti of Gazzetta dello Sport: “Trap is on the way to winning a second consecutive title, and he hates any type of distraction. He’s an old-fashioned type, he doesn’t like acting behind people’s backs.”

Trapattoni has assured Salzburg fans that he will complete his job at the club this season: “I want to take Salzburg to the title again,” he said.

“After that we’ll see.”

I wonder does this leave the door open for Brady or would he take it?:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

darkman2 wrote: »
    Irish Examiner

I wonder those this leave the door open for Brady or would he take it?:confused:

He is doing a great job at Arsenal so I hope not.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

OPENROAD wrote: »
    He is doing a great job at Arsenal so I hope not.

Would you rather him doing a 'great job' for Arsenal rather then Ireland:confused:

darkman2 wrote: »
    Would you rather him doing a 'great job' for Arsenal rather then Ireland:confused:

Arsenal of course.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Give it to Staunton.

MrJoeSoap wrote: »
    Give it to Staunton.

At Leeds now I think.

• Advertisement
Advertisement