Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which subject are you most concerned about!?

Options
  • 13-02-2008 2:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,084 ✭✭✭

Well,which one gets you all hot and bothered!?:D

What subject are you most concerned about? 86 votes

Maths
    0% 0 votes
    Irish
    32% 28 votes
    English
    12% 11 votes
    History
    11% 10 votes
    Geography
    5% 5 votes
    Business
    3% 3 votes
    Art
    2% 2 votes
    French/German
    0% 0 votes
    Technical Drawing
    5% 5 votes
    Economics
    1% 1 vote
    Music
    0% 0 votes
    Biology
    0% 0 votes
    Physics
    8% 7 votes
    Chemistry
    11% 10 votes
    LCVP
    4% 4 votes
    Other
    0% 0 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭boobookitty

I have two of them.

History and Biology.
    But History more because I want to do a college course in it. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 773 ✭✭✭Cokehead Mother

Irish. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭Yuugib

maths maths maths maths maths maths :( urgh.. i love it.. but its hard to remember everything :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Lennie353

Those damn french abstract topics :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭Mark200

Well I think I am more behind in Physics than any other subject, so I voted physics. But I care about my maths result the most because I need to get a C3 or higher for the course I wanna do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭Design_Dude

Honours Maths and honours Irish. Man there hard.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

Applied Maths. I do it outside school on Mondays nights and frequently forget that I'm doing it, so I do far less work in it than any other subject.

Art History is a vague source of concern as there's just so much to do, but I'm not intending on counting Art for points, so I'm not terribly bothered.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Doriath

Maths ord. :( im failing it, only subject im in ordinary with and i still cant keep up T.T

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭alan4cult

Accounting Higher.
    I really don't take any interest in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭Léan

Hons Irish. :O

The abstract topics in French too. But mostly Irish :O

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14 got-it!

Doriath wrote: »
    Maths ord. :( im failing it, only subject im in ordinary with and i still cant keep up T.T

im the exact same!!!!i think when iu was created they left out that whole side of my brain!hate maths,cant undersatnd it!never remember what i study!wish it cud be a choice subject!!!

Good luck with it anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭JSK 252

Applied Maths. I do it outside school on Mondays nights and frequently forget that I'm doing it, so I do far less work in it than any other subject.

:D Forgetting about subjects! On the topic I tend to forget that Im doing geography becuase I do feck all work in it and still get good marks in it. The GI next year will take up a few weeks though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 paddy007

Lennie353 wrote: »
    Those damn french abstract topics :confused:

and the rest. lol. i hate french!!. i mite have to drop to ordainary just have to see how the mocks go

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Fringe

Definitely English. It's a hard subject and I have a feeling I'll have a very bad day at the exam.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Doriath

got-it! wrote: »
    im the exact same!!!!i think when iu was created they left out that whole side of my brain!hate maths,cant undersatnd it!never remember what i study!wish it cud be a choice subject!!!

Good luck with it anyway!

you too ^.^ with luck we both get 40% or more XD

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭Xhristy

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭jennyq

English by far. It's not because I'm desperately bad at it, but I'm just not very good at dealing with the time constraints particularly on paper two. I'm more maths, physics, etc. inclined :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

French and Irish. I was never good at that sort of thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,530 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Sitting and dreading your bad subjects isn't a great approach in my experience... try and think happy thoughts - start your studying in order from your most favored subject to your least favored subject. It sounds counter-intuitive but believe me: it isn't.

After you have practiced good study habits with your faved subjects,that skill will carry over to when you go and study the crap subjects.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭Da Bomber

Higher Maths:mad: I really should of put more effort into it in 5th year, fairly screwed now:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭blue-army

alan4cult wrote: »
    Accounting Higher.
    I really don't take any interest in it.
    Same here.....I'm useless at tech drawing as well..:(

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭conbob

hehe glad im good at maths :P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

Overheal wrote: »
    Sitting and dreading your bad subjects isn't a great approach in my experience... try and think happy thoughts - start your studying in order from your most favored subject to your least favored subject. It sounds counter-intuitive but believe me: it isn't.

After you have practiced good study habits with your faved subjects,that skill will carry over to when you go and study the crap subjects.
    Only really worried about Biology, find the rest of my subjects fairly handy

have a hard time with biology though, find it so boring and the course so broad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 cumonunited

Doriath wrote: »

hey im in d exact same position as u!:D
    i am also failn ordinary maths nd its my only ordinary level subject!:(

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭nerdysal

After the mocks, I am extremely concerned about biology... I missed two whole months of school and I missed the most difficult topics... genetics, respiration and photosynthesis. It's been a struggle trying to catch up!!!
    Oddly enough, I don't have any trouble with higher maths but my sister does maths in college and she's been helping me catch up with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭pocket aces

physics... the mock was a nightmare :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭Xhristy

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 435 ✭✭~Candy~

french....

French.

Its just ahhhhhhhhhhhhh.

The highest grade ive ever recieved is like a C2.

God I am awful at it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Raichu-17-08-2008

Physics and ord maths!
    Trying to fit the fifth year course into the last few weeks..It haven't been very fruitful!! :(

Advertisement