Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

George Galloway attacks proposed Scottish 'TG4'

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 350 ✭✭Ray777

To be fair to Galloway (not a popular approach, I know...), he makes an excellent point about the ridiculousness of spending £50 per week per head, to cater for a language which is far deader (for want of a word that actually exists) than even the most vehement critic of the Irish language could accuse it of being. I don't see how anybody but the most extreme flag-waving, drooling nationalist could view that as being money well-spent.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭cavedave

I am still a nay sayer. I watch tg4. I think south park as gaeilge is brilliant. But someone should not sponsor me watching television.

As Nozick oput it "taxation of earnings from labor is on a par with forced labor". Forcing someone to work so that I can watch westerns on a Friday night is obscene.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

What next, revive the Cornish language?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,271 ✭✭✭irish_bob

galloway is the ann coulter of the extreme left
    both are shameless self promoting charlatans

• Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭Lennoxschips

I imagine that this is a burning issue in his East London constituency.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭dublinscot

Múinteoir wrote: »
    For someone so worried about Anglo-imperialism, you'd think he'd be a bit more sympathetic to minorities languages.
    You'd think so, eh?

George will passionately defend the heritage/language of other nations... except his own of course.

I'd like to know if the thinks TG4 is a waste of money. I suspect he might have a different attitude towards the Gaelic of his Irish ancestors than the Gaelic of the 'Wee Frees in Portree' he tries to paint supporters of Scottish independence as.
    Getting conservative in his old age?
    Nah, just the same self-loathing North-Brit he's always been when it comes to matters of Scottish national identity. ;)

Advertisement