Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Buyer beware - Twin cars (two cars - same number plate/colour/make/year)

Options
  • 13-02-2008 3:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭

Twin cars are available from Russian circles amongst others in Ireland Ive been told. A Lithuanian told me he would never buy a car from a Lithuanian a few weeks back!

Twin cars, Ive over heard some discussing this. One car is legit and another is robbed that looks identical/colour/make/year

On offer upfront - They are cheap to buy and if a cop runs a plate it does indeed look like whats on file as its the same number plate. They can be bought complete with dodgy NCT / and whatever other documentation you need included dodgy insurance cert. Cops sometimes use UV lamp to ID dodgy documentation.

Bought accidentally - Im sure buyers have been duped by a show and swap as well. You view one car and then before the final deal
    you are distracted and another is put in its place or delivered to you.

Sometimes the legit owner gets speeding fines for places he was never in and can prove it to the police.

I was due to meet a person tomorrow 200 miles from here, an ex cossack dancer he said (I was guarded as I had been warned weeks back about shady deals) and everything checked out except when I asked for the Vehicle License Cert number tonight, he was suddenly called back to his country for a few days.

www.motorcheck.ie your only man. You will need the Vehicles VIN / Owners cert number / NCT ref number.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Jimbo

And what is your percentage share of motorcheck.ie? :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Tipsy Mac

Well anyone buying a car privately without checking the VIN and reg cert details match deserves to be ripped off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 thecatempire

whats wrong with cartell.ie??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭worded

motorcheck.ie - well Ive contributed 35 x 2 so far.

Im willing to have my account deleted from boards if anyone can prove Im anything to do with the motor trade.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Jimbo

worded wrote: »
    motorcheck.ie - well Ive contributed 35 x 2 so far.

Im willing to have my account deleted from boards if anyone can prove Im anything to do with the motor trade.

Challenge accepted

• Advertisement
Advertisement