Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bunny Hopping

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 999 ✭✭✭cregser

Yeah we say no bunny hopping just because it's a phrase people know, we thought people would get the idea. But what we mean is no bunny hopping, dolphin diving or any jumping unless jumping over a wall or something. Just you get smart arses saying that bunny hopping is three jumps or more, that might be so but we don't allow any sort of jumping.
    KamiKazi wrote: »
    You ask how its retarded, and instead of giving a valid, well thought out reason for having the rule you just say " Its our server, our rules " :rolleyes:

Huh?

Bunny hopping is a mild irritant at best in CoD4. But someone who bunny hops in CoD4 probably bunny hopped in CoD1 and other games were it was an exploit. These people would probably try to exploit other bugs in a game and if I spotted them on my server (don't have one) I'd probably kick them for the sheer power trip of it all :p... and the fact they probably deserve it. BUT I'd take much more pleasure from specifically targetting that person and killing them again and again and again and again :). If I couldn't kill 'em, then I'd kick 'em.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

cregser wrote: »
    Huh?

Bunny hopping is a mild irritant at best in CoD4. But someone who bunny hops in CoD4 probably bunny hopped in CoD1 and other games were it was an exploit. These people would probably try to exploit other bugs in a game and if I spotted them on my server (don't have one) I'd probably kick them for the sheer power trip of it all... and the fact they probably deserve it. BUT I'd take much more pleasure from specifically targetting that person and killing them again and again and again and again :). If I couldn't kill 'em, then I'd kick 'em.

Well arent you just a super admin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

QFT

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

If I were a mod, I would have locked this thread ages ago......

People can do what they like on their own servers, you have no right to tell them otherwise, if you don't like it play elsewhere.

Probably best that I'm not. :)

Have you ever had a server?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

If I couldn't kill 'em, then I'd kick 'em.

You sound like some of those young teenagers with admin rights on servers "OMGZ i cnt kill him !!111 hes using HAX !!" *Ban*

"You've just been kicked by an admin that can't handle being killed"

Pyr0 wrote: »
    You sound like some of those young teenagers with admin rights on servers "OMGZ i cnt kill him !!111 hes using HAX !!" *Ban*

"You've just been kicked by an admin that can't handle being killed"
    Yeah I know what you mean, I think we've all been on the receiving end of that. I really don't mind getting my ass kicked by a good player. It just makes it all the more sweet that one time you get them! What I meant was I'd target the guy trying to cheat. If I couldn't have some fun with them by killing them over and over, then I'd kick them e.g. if there were too many other players in the way or whatever.

Whoops, silly question. Never mind! I actually clicked on your sig link only a few days ago. :rolleyes:

I run:

2 x CoD4 Match servers
    1 x CoD4 Public server
    2 x CSS Match servers
    2 x CSS Public servers
    1 x CS Match server
    1 x TF2 Match server
    1 x TF2 Public server

e-penis++

congrats

• Advertisement

I run:

2 x CoD4 Match servers
    1 x CoD4 Public server
    2 x CSS Match servers
    2 x CSS Public servers
    1 x CS Match server
    1 x TF2 Match server
    1 x TF2 Public server

e-penis++

I love the way you posted that, even though he posted saying he saw them.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

That doesnt stop them being idiots

Is this thread about idiots or bunnyhopping? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭niallispuresex

Or you just lock the thread....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭pirelli

http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=QN5fxZCajBA

Anyway its wrong you can get banned etc :( .Ok but who would like to learn how to bunny hop and who wants to teach:). Plan: Just pick a suitable server thats empty or has a few players and practice and maybe let off a few shots.So who can tutorial the glitches on patch 1.5.Step up.!

I love the way you posted that, even though he posted saying he saw them.

well if you look you'll theres 2 minutes between our posts, I was still typing while he posted his reply

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭pirelli

Ok who complained to the MOD! heheh thats what this is about.!
    pirelli wrote: »
    http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=QN5fxZCajBA

Anyway its wrong you can get banned etc :( .Ok but who would like to learn how to bunny hop and who wants to teach:). Plan: Just pick a suitable server thats empty or has a few players and practice and maybe let off a few shots.So who can tutorial the glitches on patch 1.5.Step up.!

Anyway bunny hop tutorials.

^thats not bunnyhopping, thats just jumping onto map glitches :rolleyes:

this is bunnyhopping

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

I think a few of you have missed the point, you are not kicking him for bunny hopping. You are kicking him for pressing the jump button.

This is, in most high skilled players eyes equivalent to a 4 year old kid screaming "its not fair, its not fair, I want to win". The game was tested and designed with multiplayer gameplay in mind, have you ever considered that if they did not want people jumping that would have removed it and place a wall hop; eg Gears of War.

Bunny hopping is glitching and is perpetrated mainly by the curious and the cheaters. Its not possible in COD4.

Lastly, stop asking questions about how to glitch the game. Nobody here wants to help your quest to gain a unfair advantage.

krazy_8s wrote: »
    I think a few of you have missed the point, you are not kicking him for bunny hopping. You are kicking him for pressing the jump button.

This is, in most high skilled players eyes equivalent to a 4 year old kid screaming "its not fair, its not fair, I want to win". The game was tested and designed with multiplayer gameplay in mind, have you ever considered that if they did not want people jumping that would have removed it and place a wall hop; eg Gears of War.

Bunny hopping is glitching and is perpetrated mainly by the curious and the cheaters. Its not possible in COD4.

Lastly, stop asking questions about how to glitch the game. Nobody here wants to help your quest to gain a unfair advantage.

Exactly my point, thank you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 657 ✭✭✭tomred1

I have seen people do this but i think they stand out even more.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,398 ✭✭✭jonski

The differeneces between Jumping or jumping alot and Bunny Hopping should be posted and stickied at the top of every FPS forum as most people consider them one in the same .

Now , where are the dolphin divers ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

If you've ever played any of the Quake games you'll know what real bunny hopping is. jumping over and over in Cod4 is not possible because of the stamina limit. Jumping in a 180 arc to give yourself a chance to kill someone shooting your back is much safer than turning while standing still and i wouldn't even call that "lame" or whatever, it's perfectly fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 324 ✭✭randomcountdown

God. **** boards.ie.

well if you look you'll theres 2 minutes between our posts, I was still typing while he posted his reply

... how fast do you type??

... how fast do you type??

had about 20 people bugging me on xfire

damn fanboys....

Boards>Xfire, sort your life out mate!!!!

I'm sorry, oh mighty obi wan kanohen, it wont happen again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 KKer

I'm sorry, oh mighty obi wan kanohen, it wont happen again
    Obi wan Kan obi!

Obi wan Kan obi
    +
    Genghiz Cohen
    =
    obi wan kanohen