Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Importing from U.K.

Options
  • 13-02-2008 8:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭

Hi Guys, was thinking of buying a car in the U.K. Can anyone recommed a good car auction / dealer over there. Currently driving a Vectra Diesel Estate with 140K on clock, Even thought I love this car, I think it's time to change. Was thinking about an Diesel Avensis / BMW 320D. Would appreciate any advice.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭mikehn

Check out the BCA website, they are the biggest source of fleet vehicles in the Uk. I bought a car through them in 2006 and was v. happy.
    You can bid online now I believe. I think that you have to pay a small amt now to fully access their web site. Well worth a look

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭mkem

Cheers Mikehn. They seem to have a lot of auction sites, where did you purchase if you don't mind me asking.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭amerden

A friend of mine bought a car through an Irish company called www.ukcars.ie recently and he was over the moon with the car and the price, he didn't have to do anything, they took control of the whole process, he just told them what car(s) he was interested in and the price he wanted to pay and they found the car he was looking for in the UK, they inspected the car in the UK, imported it into Ireland and even delivered the car to his door. I'm changing my car in a few months and after seeing how little hassle it was for him I know where my first call will be.

Advertisement