Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Starting a small foodstuff company

Options
  • 13-02-2008 10:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭

Hi, I hope in the next year to start a small company selling foodstuffs: ie, tea, coffe, pre-made sandwiches, snackfood etc and was just wondering about a few things:

What kind of licence do I need?

Is it necesarry to have any staff (likely just one staff member - me) trained in the areas of food prep and hygiene etc? (there will be no fod prepared on site - unless making tea and coffee to go comes under this bracket?

I would like to go down the most practical route, taxwise - would this be to form a limited company?

Following a google search, I came across some govt site that indicated "budding entrepeneurs" can receive govt/council backing when getting their new business started - can anyone tell me any more about this?

Would it be worthwhile taking a basic book-keeping course at night to cut down on the costs involved re: auctioneers etc...

As my "shop" will have a premises (albeit a small one), what kind of insurance etc is needed in order to get it up adn running.

If anyone has any other advice, please feel free.... thanks in advance...

Comments

Advertisement