Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Magic Shoes

Options
  • 13-02-2008 10:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 13,513 ✭✭✭✭fits

Anyone remember this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭ztoical

o my god I had those shoes - man I feel old now. they had the keys on the bottom - I the ones in the ad and a pair of purple ones as well.

Remember when that add was on - everyone in school was going around going "Magic Shoes?" for ages.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Reku

:(
    You had me expecting a "what would you wish for if you had Dorothy's Ruby slippers?" thread.

But, yup, I remember that ad as a kid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭neuro-praxis

God yes! I got those shoes for my communion - they were white, had three straps and golden keys in the soles! Blast from the past, man.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

yeaah I remember those shoes! And it came up onconversation recently, my mates brought her little sister shoe shopping the other week but couldnt find a nice pair so I said 'why didnt you just bring her to clarks for a pair of magic shoes' :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭LouOB

I cant see pic - but ooooh i know them
    Finally begged mother to get me them for communion too - all my sis had them for theirs too. Jimmy Choo or Gucci should do something like it now- pure magic

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 659 ✭✭✭Cazlou

I remember every girl in my class getting them for ther communion - except me:(
    then the following year when my sis was making her's - SHE got them:mad: *sob*

obviously it still hurts.......:p

• Registered Users Posts: 13,513 ✭✭✭✭fits

Cazlou wrote: »
    I remember every girl in my class getting them for ther communion - except me:(
    then the following year when my sis was making her's - SHE got them:mad: *sob*

obviously it still hurts.......:p

Well I first posted this in PI!

I dont know what that says about me and my relationship with shoes :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

God that brings back memories!! I felt like a little princess with those shoes.

Awww :)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

I posted this up recently in a shoe related thread in after hours.

The way she says 'magic shoes' means it's indelibly printed into my brain for the rest of my days.

I posted this up recently in a shoe related thread in after hours.

The way she says 'magic shoes' means it's indelibly printed into my brain for the rest of my days.

Mine too :D

I think I used to have lots of dreams where I was the princess in the ad as well.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

Never had them i was a bit old for them when they came out, sis had them though...:(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

I'm laughing at some of you saying the ad makes you feel old - I bought those shoes for my daughters!! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

GinnyJo wrote: »
    Never had them i was a bit old for them when they came out, sis had them though...:(

Yeah... I was too old for them as well...

At least I think that the reason my parents gave me for not letting me have them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

God I wanted a pair of those shoes so badly, but I never got a pair.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,503 ✭✭✭✭jellie

Blush_01 wrote: »
    God I wanted a pair of those shoes so badly, but I never got a pair.

me too :( we were clearly deprived children :(

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭undecided

:D

Wow was just talking about those shoes last week! was shopping for my daughters communion clothes with my mother and were thinking back to how many shops we tried for them at my communion!were sold out all over Dublin:(

OH how I dreamt of getting those shoes....

I'm beginning to doubt I ever owned them now if they were as rare and in demand as that...

sar84 wrote: »
    me too :( we were clearly deprived children :(

Me three, I was absolutely nuts about that ad.
    I never noticed anyone else with them either....what if every did have them and it all flew over my head. That would be even worse than the whole Mr. Frosty debacle. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

I think I had a pair too. You got a few stickers and a 'golden key' when you bought them

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

Moonbaby wrote: »
    Me three, I was absolutely nuts about that ad.
    I never noticed anyone else with them either....what if every did have them and it all flew over my head. That would be even worse than the whole Mr. Frosty debacle. :mad:

Don't talk to me about the Mr. Frosty debacle.

Or Magna Doodle-gate.

I never got those shoes either. And I wanted them so badly. There were two other girls in my primary school class, and they both had them. AND one of them had a Mr. Frosty. AND the other one had a magna doodle.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

I had shoes that had a red light that lit up flashing as you walked, one in the outside of each shoe.

I was ahead of my time, everybody is wearing them nowadays, everybody.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

My cousin used to get all the cool stuff and I never did. I was the tall, chubby, awkward, bigfoot cousin, she was small and dainty with blonde curls and blue eyes. We're almost the exact same age so it burned. Although, I did get Magna Doodle for christmas. I remember vividly that I got it and a My Little Pony jigsaw from Santa. There were other things too, but I can't remember them, they were crap by comparison. My Little Pony... and Care Bears! I was never allowed to have Barbie or Shelly or the like though. Hmmm.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭cuckoo

star-pants wrote: »
    I think I had a pair too. You got a few stickers and a 'golden key' when you bought them

That's right - rub it in. Stickers as well? Humph. :(

"my name is cuckoo and i never had a pair of magic shoes"
    group: "hello, cuckoo."

I did however have many pairs of luminous shoelaces, which i'd wear with luminous socks over navy tights to school. And, i thought i looked fan-f'ing-tastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

i have absolutely no idea what anyone here is talking about.

am i old or young or just plain ignorant?

Maybe this thread did belong in PI after all :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Reku

Perhaps the bitterness of never getting a pair has made you repress all memory of them even existing?;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

i only ever wanted a pair of nikes.

anyway, about the age these seemed to have been popular, i had pocohontas (well, the male indian guy from pocohontas) ankle boots. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭takola

Seconded. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭whatsgoinon

my sister got the magic shoes for her communion, i didn't cos magic shoes weren't invented when i made my communion. I was livid i wanted a pair so badly. I think to keep the peace mam bought me a pair of purple shoes with illuminous green laces with some class of get the ball to the centre of the maze game on the bottoms of them. sisters shoes were dyed navy straight after communion, much more practical then.

i wanted LA gear boot runners SOOOOOOO badly, never got them or any runner actually till i had to get them for pe in secondary

Advertisement