Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Magic Shoes

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Silverfish wrote: »
    Don't talk to me about the Mr. Frosty debacle.

Or Magna Doodle-gate.

I never got those shoes either. And I wanted them so badly. There were two other girls in my primary school class, and they both had them. AND one of them had a Mr. Frosty. AND the other one had a magna doodle.

i wanted a mr frosty!!

i think i got the shoes with the key in them but it wouldnt fit properly. *shrug*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Yeah, the way she says "magic shoes?" is delightfully forced over-acting :)

I wanted the shoes but I was particularly interested in the key. Think the ad was on in the late 80s, which is strange because I stopped being girlie in 1989 and started getting all rawk chick (well, as "rawk chick" as an 11-year-old could manage). Still wanted those shoes though...

I'm laughing at some of you saying the ad makes you feel old - I bought those shoes for my daughters!! :(
    I know. One day I'll be 45 years of age and I'll hear all these 25-year-olds saying they feel old - I'm gonna have to do some major lip-biting :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭Selkies

This reminds me, I need more shoes

Dudess wrote: »
    I know. One day I'll be 45 years of age and I'll hear all these 25-year-olds saying they feel old - I'm gonna have to do some major lip-biting :)

Gawwwd, I feel so old.

>.>

• Advertisement

If you're as old as the person you feel, then I'm nearly 42...

If you're as old as the person you feel, then I'm nearly 42...

Your bf is 42? ;o

Yeah, I've always preferred older fellas. My first kiss - I was five and he was seven (no tongues though...)

How did we get from magic shoes to this...?!

Yeah, I've always preferred older fellas. My first kiss - I was five and he was seven (no tongues though...)

How did we get from magic shoes to this...?!

The topic of old people :D
    Not that I can really call 42 old, sure I'm only a youngun

so yeah
    shoes
    http://kokochi.com/blogpost/default/2004-10-16_150957_27219_1.jpg

Aw wow, Disco Stu has a pair of them!

• Advertisement

Aw wow, Disco Stu has a pair of them!

thats what i was looking for :(
    i guess disco stu dont advertise...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

Those stupid shoes broke my 6 year old heart... I wanted plain slip ons (they looked grown-up!) but I got the ugly magic step sandal-type shoes because the ads promised that there was 'treasure' in the soles. I begged and begged my mother to let me use the key to get the 'treasure' and she eventually let me do it a few days before my first communion... we inserted the key and turned it, and all that happened was a little glittery plastic circle rotated in the sole! I was devastated- I'm not sure what I thought would happen, I think I believed the key would 'open' the sole and inside would be jewellery or something... talk about a disappointment! I had to wear the ugly things then :(

At least I got LA Lights out of my communion money... they didn't disappoint me :)

bluewolf wrote: »
    thats what i was looking for :(
    i guess disco stu dont advertise...
    :)
    Think his fish are dead too.

Advertisement