Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ironing - Would you pay to have it done?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

Er... back on topic, sort of.

While I am not sure what I want to do with my life, I am perfectly certain that whatever it is, it has to make me enough money that I can hire a housekeeper to clean and do washing. Actually washing I don't mind so much but only last week did I teach myself how to iron. I was actually terrified of the thing which is why it took me so long.

Still, I don't think it will be a regular occurence. If you fold/hang clothes straight out of the tumble drier, you don't need to iron most of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

sueme wrote: »
    Just a question guys.

Would you pay to have your Ironing done?

My brother uses a service where he drops it off and collects it the next day.

Would there be a market for it here?

Back on topic I think therer is a market for this, my friend who started her own business used to iron form her home.
    She had a proper set up but only needed a few regular customers to keep her busy. I have no idea how much she charged but it was not near 1euro a shirt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 320 ✭✭tulipandthistle

Gillie wrote: »
    57 posts on ironing!
    Who woulda thunk it!

I do my own now and again! I enjoy it sometimes!

Did you just say the above to get an invite to Muffler's house? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 46,094 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Xiney wrote: »
    While I am not sure what I want to do with my life, I am perfectly certain that whatever it is, it has to make me enough money that I can hire a housekeeper to clean and do washing.
    So you are considering marriage?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭tuppence

muffler wrote: »
    Are you proposing to Xiney? ;) Otherwise Sueme can you start up the iron?!:eek:

• Advertisement

muffler wrote: »

Unfortunately, I already married without considering the fact that I could have gotten a housekeeper out of it. Thankfully, my husband didn't think he was getting one either :D

Unfortunately, I already married without considering the fact that I could have gotten a housekeeper out of it. Thankfully, my husband didn't think he was getting one either :D

Better again. Is that what they call blind sided :D

Not exactly - blindsided was when I knocked him upside the head and dragged him kicking and screaming up the aisle....*

*dramatization! may not have happened!

Not exactly - blindsided was when I knocked him upside the head and dragged him kicking and screaming up the aisle....*

*dramatization! may not have happened!

Blindsided as I thought you were a guy. :D
    Well Muffler?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Thread-Bad.jpg

.. and..

Misc-Lock.gif

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement