Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Brown water from mains

Options
  • 13-02-2008 11:11am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 595 ✭✭✭

I am living in Dunshaughlin and have awful problems with the water. From time to time, the pressure would drop for no apparent reason and when it comes back it would be brown.

The last time this happened (January), what could only be described as brown sludge came out of the pipes. Does anyone else have a problem like this.

I got the council to check my water before Christmas and most results came back fine except for the iron levels. Usually, they permit up to 200mg/ltr. However, mine was over 5 times that with reading of 1008mg/ltr.

They told me that while it was excessively high, there was no health risk. The water may taste a bit funny and may stain clothes.

Advertisement