Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Does anyone here have access to metalworking gear?

• 13-02-2008 11:29am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,994 ✭✭✭

As I've now got parts in hand for my SIG 552 'box mag' project (based on A&K 5000 rds M4 model), it struck me that it'd be great to avoid butchering the box mag top altogether (in case I eventually get another M4).

Brain's been put to work (mildly :D) since, and I now have a "little project" that's likely to require a CNC lathe or somesuch to machine two interlocking parts in steel (or equivalent, durable), namely a mag adapter with a bottom part (fitting the top of an M4-style mag) and an interlocking top part (fitting the bottom of the magwell-fitting portion of any another type of mag).

I'm currently working on a wooden 'draft' version, from which to get exact dimensions.

Could be used as proof of concept for a spare part, to make available to retailers/modders, so potentially some €s in it too, and am happy to discuss anything like that via pm.

NakedDex? Keith? Anyone?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

unfortunately no, not right now, although i have toyed with the idea of buying my own mini-lathe and mill, but when i'll get around to buying one i dont know

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

I don't have direct access to the machine shop machinery itself as I haven't got CNC qualifications yet (despite the fact that I've been using them for years) but if you give me the dimensions I can have a word with one of the lads and see if it's viable for him to have it spun up for you.
    It might not be for a couple of weeks though because we have the Lufthansa reps over for a while and a new MD so everyones a little on edge right now due to changes and things being made to make the new MD happy.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

I should be able to get access to a lathe and milling machine but probably not for a few weeks.

Advertisement