Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Newstalk Megathread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭delaad

Imhof Tank wrote: »
    Dont think that was intended as a subtle comment. More of a running gag - Ivan has been on about Kenny's luxurious dressing room etc since he started.

That's what you get with Ivan, a bit of irreverence. Would you prefer to have him reading out news extracts and tweets, and still managing to muddle and mess up that simple task, as Chris does?

I am a big fan of Ivan's but having said that his comments yesterday on the Thomas Byrne case (pretending not to know that there was a Law Society compensation scheme for fraud cases or how it works) were really disingenuous. Sounded like some tabloid type producer told him that was the official programme line for the morning and he was to stick to it and hopefully provoke a lot of outraged 30c texts to the show or whatever.

Now if it had been Chris talking such uninformed cr*p I would have taken him at face value as he clearly hasn't a clue

You have to hand it to him, though. Some of his "misspeaks" are almost brilliant in their inanity. I'ld swear this morning he mentioned
    some event or other that happened "in February of last week"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,122 ✭✭✭Imhof Tank

Ivan nearly dissolved in giggles this morning slagging Chris's twitter updates.

I couldn't quite understand what was so different to the usual stuff he mocks him about - the gist seemed to be that Chris tweets in the most boring detail possible what he's doing every 5 minutes yet he has zero followers, zero, nil, nobody at all???

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭nicedryturf

delaad wrote: »
    I'ld swear this morning he mentioned

Correctamundo, he did indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭delaad

Correctamundo, he did indeed.

Thanks nicedry. Your confirmation deserves a Coola Boola

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Sounds like Chris and Ivan are a bit dubious about the slavery story. They're like a couple of detectives.

h_yoyo.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Listening to the Friday review now, come back Friday quiz. Who ever thought Roddy Collins is a good person to have an opinion on anything other than soccer ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭Mumha

mud_guard wrote: »
    I noticed he was an ubber populist bandwagon jumper ages ago , he,s like this generations joe duffy only he masks it with faux intellectualism , their is nothing to healy at all

dreadful broadcaster

he also must have members of AGS in his immediate family , he,s a bigger AGS shill than paul Williams, he was the only journalist in the entire country who seemed to back the guards that time they tried to stitch up clare daly

Healy is an appalling broadcaster (and a FFer), I wonder did he cut his teeth at the Sun ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,462 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

ThisRegard wrote: »
    Listening to the Friday review now, come back Friday quiz. Who ever thought Roddy Collins is a good person to have an opinion on anything other than soccer ?

Roddy is an old regular.
    No idea why.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Yeah, I know he's been a regular, but this morning he was just full of nonsense, more so than usual.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,068 ✭✭✭✭neris

Correct. They're still running an ad. with some gobshite congratulating Pat Kenny on "making the right move".

thats aubrey from some removal company somehow I dont think hes ever mentioned the name of the company :rolleyes: he used to be a regular on liveline

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭paul0103

Sounds like Chris and Ivan are a bit dubious about the slavery story. They're like a couple of detectives.

h_yoyo.jpg

Chris has a raging clue!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,592 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Mumha wrote: »
    Healy is an appalling broadcaster (and a FFer), I wonder did he cut his teeth at the Sun ?

Sky News Ireland, so SunTV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭mjv2ydratu679c

ThisRegard wrote: »

eh his opinions on soccer ain't great either - pure bluffer

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Mumha wrote: »

Did he actually have a 'journalist' from The Star on yesterday. I didn't actually hear the interview but when I heard that Healy was having someone on the show from that shower I just thought it said a lot about where he's bringing the show, i.e. into the bathroom.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

god i'd pay good money to have someone come on newstalk and say

"what did JFKs death mean to me"

"Funk all , i wasnt even born ! like MOST of the country"

theres some gobdaw going on now about how it affected him as a 5 year old!

truely the medias dissappeared up its own arse.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,472 ✭✭✭Grolschevik

delaad wrote: »
    You have to hand it to him, though. Some of his "misspeaks" are almost brilliant in their inanity. I'ld swear this morning he mentioned

Couple of days back he said "we will be talking to Joan Burton [I think it was] in a little while ago".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭mjv2ydratu679c

truely the medias dissappeared up its own arse.

Jonathon Healy can see his kidneys by now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭McDave

I'm glad I'm not the only one who can't stand her. I can feel my blood pressure rising when she says 'Nooztalk.'
    Not to mention Uncle Gaybo's dreaded soft Ts!

The irony is so many Irish people have great radio voices. But since the late 90s trendy meeja and adland types have felt the need to foist irritating, shouty AA Roadwatch ciphers on the rest of us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,807 ✭✭✭take everything

Pat Carey on The Sunday Show.
    Nice to see the FFers raising their heads above the parapet again.
    Hanafin on Marian Finucane a few weeks ago.
    I even read Mary Coughlan might be making a comeback.

Jesus wept.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Pat Carey on The Sunday Show.
    Nice to see the FFers raising their heads above the parapet again.
    Hanafin on Marian Finucane a few weeks ago.
    I even read Mary Coughlan might be making a comeback.

Jesus wept.

You can add john o donoghue and tom mc ellistrim running in Kerry again!

The rats nest has really been shaken up!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,122 ✭✭✭Imhof Tank

Chris talking about the fiscal advisory council "think thank" on Friday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

NEEEERRRRRRRRDDDDDDDDDSSSSSSSSSS!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,279 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

David Norris is an awful twat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 941 ✭✭✭Typer Monkey

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    NEEEERRRRRRRRDDDDDDDDDSSSSSSSSSS!

What?? Is that meant to mean the people contributing here are nerds cos they listen to Newstalk? Actually, coming from a Ray Foley fan-boy that's actually a compliment

What?? Is that meant to mean the people contributing here are nerds cos they listen to Newstalk? Actually, coming from a Ray Foley fan-boy that's actually a compliment

No, it was posted while they were playing a vox-pop at the Star Wars auditions. So relax, I listen to more hours of NT than I do any other station.

No, it was posted while they were playing a vox-pop at the Star Wars auditions. So relax, I listen to more hours of NT than I do any other station.

OK my apologies, a wave of temporary super sensitivity overtook me there.

You may have now insulted some Star Wars fans though :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭artful_codger

Healy is asking the exact same question to Rabbitte today that he asked Burton yesterday.

"Are you genuinely concerned that the electricity will go off."

Scaremongering crap, only interested in getting a soundbite rather than probing the interviewee. He's like Bart Simpson in The PTA Disbands.

That was a very touching interview with the woman who was part of the Lebensborn children in Nazi Germany. I just can't imagine having your baby removed from you against your will. Great to hear her life got better after 3 years old and that she's happy now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Healy is asking the exact same question to Rabbitte today that he asked Burton yesterday.

"Are you genuinely concerned that the electricity will go off."

Scaremongering crap, only interested in getting a soundbite rather than probing the interviewee. He's like Bart Simpson in The PTA Disbands.

Healy should be flame grilling that ****er Brendan Ogle.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Did Paulo leave the studio door open ater him when he came in.

Lot of noise in the background,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,939 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

mary mcevoy must have moved into that corner of newstalk where fionn davenport used to be.

Caught Tom Dunne's show there the other night. Great stuff indeed. He seems to be back doing what he does best (i.e playing and talking about music). Must try and listen in more regularly.

Caught Tom Dunne's show there the other night. Great stuff indeed. He seems to be back doing what he does best (i.e playing and talking about music). Must try and listen in more regularly.

His Pet Sounds show was legendary back in the day.
    Can't understand RTE or Today FM not snapping him up for a similar show.

He's back in his comfort zone again. The times I've listened to it, I've enjoyed it. He's not suited to morning radio. His attempts at tackling "controversial" topics were embarrassing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Frankie Lee

kneemos wrote: »
    His Pet Sounds show was legendary back in the day.
    Can't understand RTE or Today FM not snapping him up for a similar show.

McCloone is better even if ratings aren't great.

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭Robert2012

8.30am, and already I am "Mandela-ed out" by the coverage on NT .

Robert2012 wrote: »

It's normally not that difficult to avoid the coverage when someone dies,this one I feel is going to be a challenge.

Robert2012 wrote: »

And this is only day 1. Im the same be making sure to have the ipod on me at all times for the next week

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭Mr Pseudonym

**removed by Splinter**
    :D

**removed by Splinter**

:O

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Tiler Durden

Woh.

Tough crowd.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

**Post removed by Splinter**

Don't mince your words there whatever you do!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Splinter

Folks,

lets keep this civil. Please read the forum charter. Personal abuse of presenters will not be tolerated

Splinter

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Robdundalk

Somebody let Tara Duggan back on the Right Hook... I nearly crashed the car...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭jimmyw

Tara D seems to have a similar ailment as Fionn D has, an air of big notions?

Another thing, what a strange thing for Barry Kenny to say how he finds it "weird"? for anyone to like tea? What a stupid thing to say, clown.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭CountyHurler

Robdundalk wrote: »
    Somebody let Tara Duggan back on the Right Hook... I nearly crashed the car...

On hearing her domineering tones, I drove the car straight at the nearest wall..

• Advertisement

Tara Duggan should stick to what she does best - reading the news from a broom cupboard.
    As for Barry Kenny, maybe if he stuck to the job for which he's paid handsomely by the taxpayer, we might all be a lot better off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

Twink on Nora Casey show here now. She's unbearable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭McDave

MJ23 wrote: »
    Twink on Nora Casey show here now. She's unbearable.
    Which one?

I would have thought both!

the business show every morning takes a break just before 7am for the presenter to come back after the break and tell everyone he,ll be back at 730 and the breakfast show is up next. A pointless ad break that they could scrap and keep teh show going

• Registered Users Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭brooke 2

kneemos wrote: »
    Roddy is an old regular.
    No idea why.

He pops up everywhere. Even on Ireland AM with Anton Savage
    recently. He has the most unattractive voice. Find it very difficult
    to listen to him! But he does look better than he sounds!! :)

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement