Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Newstalk Megathread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,807 ✭✭✭take everything

Fair play to Shane Coleman for cutting her off when she tried to start spouting irrelevant nonsense.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Fair play to Shane Coleman for cutting her off when she tried to start spouting irrelevant nonsense.

Shane might enlighten us some day as to he's brother in law Dermot ahernes role in this?

How much of this information did he have when he was minister for justice?

Who is co commentating for the spurs match?

I haven't a clue what he's saying?

Seems its Stephen hunt

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

Chris and Ivan show is great. Except for one thing. Chris and his "Nooztalk".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭CountyHurler

Healy really annoys me a times..

"So you're not happy with how Alan Shatter has handled this particular issue".

And him having been told explicitly two minutes previous that he was very happy with the way Alan Shatter had handled it.. Healy is just a troll

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭HooohRaaah

I listened this morning until Chris said "Alright it is now eight o'clock on Noozetalk"

He pronounced those t's as if his life depended on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

sharongate on newstalk now.

ya can just tell ivan is about to slag off some tabloid journo on the pics.

:D

EDIT.

jaysus ive never seen a tabloid jouno capitulat so quickly in my life. almost unheard of for that lot to apologise. shazzer must have em on the run.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

jaysus ive never seen a tabloid jouno capitulat so quickly in my life. almost unheard of for that lot to apologise. shazzer must have em on the run.

He really underestimated what the public thought about this, fierce back pedalling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,122 ✭✭✭Imhof Tank

Watching that show BORGEN last night reminded me of Chris.

He is on a mission lately to bring down Alan Shatter and/or Martin Callanan - spent yesterday "trawling" though 2 years of email traffic.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

At least the Mirror ed apologised for the publication.

mike65 wrote: »
    At least the Mirror ed apologised for the publication.

But got a plug in for there website, and left the pics up on there.

And Dearbhal Mc Donald on about the Garda commissioner and shatter on Pat Kenny's show. Did anyone hear if she mentioned her boss and editor Rae being let off penalty points?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I don't frequent theirishmirror.ie :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭brooke 2

HooohRaaah wrote: »
    I listened this morning until Chris said "Alright it is now eight o'clock on Noozetalk"

He pronounced those t's as if his life depended on it.

Gay Byrne must be delighted with him! :)

Much better than 'alrishe' or 'ayshe' o'clock!

sharongate on newstalk now.

ya can just tell ivan is about to slag off some tabloid journo on the pics.

:D

EDIT.

Sharongate?

Heard 'GSOCgate' and 'dossiergate'' on TWIP!!

Wrecks my head, so it does! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭TheHappyChappy

mike65 wrote: »
    I don't frequent theirishmirror.ie :)

+1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭serfboard

brooke 2 wrote: »
    Much better than 'alrishe' or 'ayshe' o'clock!
    That's it. Either he was listening back to himself, or someone told him that he was doing the Irish thing of whistlin the T's so he waaaaaaaay over-compensates now - to the point that it sounds unnatural.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭Muff Richardson

serfboard wrote: »
    That's it. Either he was listening back to himself, or someone told him that he was doing the Irish thing of whistlin the T's so he waaaaaaaay over-compensates now - to the point that it sounds unnatural.

It's comical this morning

"Good morning, it's fhe twenty eiff of February the last day of the monff"

Then he slips back to his natural way if pronouncing th when he isn't reading from his script, I'd say he's up all night highlighting th's. He must have gotten some poxy groupon deal with elocution lessons. He's a clown.

"Department of Helff"

"The feft took place"

I'll let you figure out that last one. I couldn't understand it when he said it.

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭Floody Boreland

Bobby Kerr talking to the Carlow business community right now.

Is it just me or is this very boring radio for 90% of the country who have never, and most likely, will never set foot in Carlow Town?

Surely more suited to local radio.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

I found Hook's conversation last week with the lecturer from Griffith College about feminism very humorous, at least Hook laughed openly and questioned this 'academics' theories.

The smug git laughed off Hook of course and had the craic, oh George sure you're mad anyway. :rolleyes:

He lectures in journalism, he even mentioned that some of his lib students couldn't believe how discriminatory towards women the hack profession is out there.

Give me a fcukin break..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,713 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Anyone know what the craic is with the picture on the menu page on the app?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭buckfasterer

Sweet Jaysus the Oscar coverage this morning is woeful. Same clip every 20 mins with that bad joke. And what the hell is with Chris and the pronunciation of Blanchet??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Penny Dreadful

Sweet Jaysus the Oscar coverage this morning is woeful. Same clip every 20 mins with that bad joke. And what the hell is with Chris and the pronunciation of Blanchet??[/QUOTE]

Blaaan chette...
    Everyone else says Blanchet Chris, everyone!

When he was on the show with Nora I thought he was ok but that was really just because she wrecked my head so much I had to switch from Newstalk in the morning.
    Then Ivan came back and all was good again. Of late though Chris has begun to irritate me a LOT.

Chris this morning - "Oscar Pretorius came face to face with the parents of his girlfriend in court, her mother AND her father....."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,471 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Imhof Tank wrote: »
    Chris this morning - "Oscar Pretorius came face to face with the parents of his girlfriend in court, her mother AND her father....."

Do people analyse everything Chris says.Seriously,who notices this Shoite.

kneemos wrote: »
    Do people analyse everything Chris says.Seriously,who notices this Shoite.

If we all turn a blind eye, Chris and his shoite will become the norm. Frightening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,471 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

If we all turn a blind eye, Chris and his shoite will become the norm. Frightening.

Should start a "Chris watch" thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭mbur

Another gripe in the hope that higher standards might prevail. The interview with Veronica Guerin's brother today was the lowFi trainwreck of the day. The audio quality of the phone in use was so bad the man's comments were almost impossible to understand. A good idea destroyed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Penny Dreadful

mbur wrote: »
    Another gripe in the hope that higher standards might prevail. The interview with Veronica Guerin's brother today was the lowFi trainwreck of the day. The audio quality of the phone in use was so bad the man's comments were almost impossible to understand. A good idea destroyed.

I thought it was just me who found it hard to hear. It should have/ could have been a good interview but some of the questions were a bit cringe worthy- e.g. When he was asked about his relationship with John Gilligan..... As her brother rightly pointed out they don't have a relationship just a connection through dreadful circumstances.

kneemos wrote: »
    Should start a "Chris watch" thread.

Chriswatch update:

".. were there differences in the results of the survey between the sexes, were there differences between boys and girls?"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,968 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

brooke 2 wrote: »
    Sean Moncrieff's show has become almost a show for perverts! Vaginas, semen, anecdotes such as the one about the guy who put his penis in his friend's
    cocktail!!! - used to like the show but it must have a new producer as Jonathan
    McCrea was on yesterday and Fionn Davenport today, and it was more of the
    same! :(

Just flicked over to hear him asking: "When you were a teenager before your boobs arrived, what kind of boobs did you want to have?"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Hilarious stuff this morning when Sean Fleming misheard Chris, and thought Chris said he was talking crap :D

You gotta love George Hook. Trying to think of Harrison Ford's name, he says to Philip Molloy, "You know the fella, he was Sean Connery's son!!" :D

Hilarious stuff this morning when Sean Fleming misheard Chris, and thought Chris said he was talking crap :D

Let me guess - he was either asking him about fishing for carp, or else something to do with rap music?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭serfboard

Let me guess - he was either asking him about fishing for carp, or else something to do with rap music?
    No, he had accussed him of re-writing history and therefore being like "Pravda". Somehow, Séan made "crap" out of that ...

That cocktail guy guffawing all over George Byrne's film reviews on Tom Dunne really wrecks my head.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭CountyHurler

Just listening to that "economic expert" Brendan Keenan on with Jonathan Healy yesterday... Any time he has a Fianna Fáil representative on the show, he makes sure to remind them about how they got things wrong during the economic crisis, but this Keenan lad (who is an economist and meant to know something about these things) gets an absolute free ride even though he got things all wrong as well. At least Jim Power apologised.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭JM Skipton

Good Man Chris......saying Paddy Power didn't have a leg to stand on regarding the whole Pistorius affair

Just listening to that "economic expert" Brendan Keenan on wmillion bank debt write off!nathan Healy yesterday... Any time he has a Fianna Fáil representative on the show, he makes sure to remind them about how they got things wrong during the economic crisis, but this Keenan lad (who is an economist and meant to know something about these things) gets an absolute free ride even though he got things all wrong as well. At least Jim Power apologised.

There both Denis o Brien employees so there will be no criticism.

Always have to laugh at him being a Financial expert working for a group that needed a 400 million bnk debt write off!

"Gypsy Brewing" :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Dear Martin,

"What's the cheapest strongest beer that will get me p!ssed quickly?"

I wonder if Sean would read that out? Probably not.

Fed up with all these twats asking about overpriced IPA's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Ask him to do a yellow pack larger afternoon for yourself Harry, he'll be able to tell you the best place to buy your Dutch Gold !

ThisRegard wrote: »
    Ask him to do a yellow pack larger afternoon for yourself Harry, he'll be able to tell you the best place to buy your Dutch Gold !

Don't diss the Dutch Gold! ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭Muff Richardson

Dear Martin,

Slightly off topic but I have a contender, I was in aldi and bought a 6 pack of of some German piss called Rheinbacher, €7 for six 500ml bottles, I've just finished my second and have never gone from the jovial giddy to difficulty focusing and thinking about bed stage as quick as this. Tastes alright(ish).

Eddie o Sullivan talking ****e right now. Hate that man. Gnight all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,938 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

Dear Martin,

didn't someone ask about red stripe again??
    Don't diss the Dutch Gold! ;)

they missed the boat when talking about beer from gold cans tasting better than from aluminium cans. surprised by that!

The Currency sounds like a pretty good business/economics show from what I've heard, first time I've listened to it...

• Advertisement

Just flicked over to hear him asking: "When you were a teenager before your boobs arrived, what kind of boobs did you want to have?"

How to castrate a hippo now on Moncrieff!
    'A hippo's testicles are very hard to find'. :(

Does Sean get off on this stuff??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭Claude Burgundy

Technology me hole, that Jessica one hasn't a clue. She started running two weeks ago and feels she's in a position to give a full review of the Garmin 110.

She tries to say its pointless and a phone app is much better........yeah i could imagine using an iphone for a 3 hr run. You take it off your arm after 3 hrs and eh its dead:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,071 ✭✭✭✭neris

ThisRegard wrote: »

they sent henry off a few years back to review own brand beers from discount german supermarkets where he then described the look of one of the bottles as very like stella artois and then went on to give a decription of stella at which point sean quickly went to a break and couldnt stop apologising to stella artois after.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Bits_n_Bobs

Chriswatch 'filimtropy' Ireland :))

Chris having terrible trouble with the Flank Frannery story today

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement