Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Newstalk Megathread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭giftgrub

It was my first time listening to the Breakfast show between 6.30 and 7.

I was a little bleary eyed but i'm pretty sure they had nothing to actually say, most of the time seemed to be spent filling, talking about the papers.

then they had a couple of their own NT106 people come in to talk about yesterdays news.

is that the norm?

Just because they're on before Morning Ireland doesn't make them any better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭Badabing

Since September Newstalk have got rid of 3 presenters and replaced them with 1, credit crunch must be affecting Denis o' brien.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Did late night live get the chop..?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭Badabing

Sadly Tom Dunne is turning into Gerry Ryan, he keeps mentionting his wife at home and what she says or does or what she gives out about, NT are obiously going after the housewifes market between 9-12.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,519 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Is Philip Molloy gone from the movies slot on the Right Hook? I've not listened in some time, but I still get the notes via email and they say it's different guy. I might unsubscribe.

About the only radio I go for now is podcasts from NPR and t'Beeb.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭brettmirl

Is Philip Molloy gone from the movies slot on the Right Hook? I've not listened in some time, but I still get the notes via email and they say it's different guy. I might unsubscribe.

About the only radio I go for now is podcasts from NPR and t'Beeb.

It would seem so:
    Join George and Karl MacDermott on Wednesdays at 18.30 to discuss everything cinematic, from the latest releases to reminiscing on the classics. If you would like to be added to the weekly movie mailing list, which include reviews, movie news and opportunities to attend special advance movie screenings, simply email movies@newstalk.ie . To unsubscribe send a mail to movies@newstalk.ie with "Unsubscribe" in the subject line.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭Mr Bloat

I actually don't mind Eamon Keane, although I think the show is far better when he's not there. When Nell McCafferty opens her gob to 'contribute' to his show though, sweet mother of God, I have to get a new radio a couple of minutes later.

Did anyone hear Hook last Friday night? Someone texted in to give out to him because he seemingly (personally) gave out economic advice when he had no expertise in economics. While I didn't hear the advice he gave, it was a cue for Hooky to rant about how his show has consistently been right on the economy when the government and most of the contributers to his show were wrong, conveniently forgetting that he probably won't have much of an idea on economics if it weren't for said contributers...

The man drives me nuts!

• Registered Users Posts: 8 sneakers

Dub13 wrote: »
    Did late night live get the chop..?

Late Night Live, Splanc and Culture Shock were all cut from the schedule in the last couple of weeks. A real shame.

One thing I have noticed about Newstalk over the last few weeks and its a good thing not sure if they made a conscious decision or not but,they seem to not mind running late and having the news a couple of min late.They used to rush in a cut people off just so the news could be bang on time,I don't care if the news is a couple of min late.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I do, smacks of lousy timing keeping, an inability to judge scheduling within the programme.

mike65 wrote: »
    I do, smacks of lousy timing keeping, an inability to judge scheduling within the programme.

Yea but sometimes they were cutting off a minister who was talking about important stuff,surly the news could be a couple of min late.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,682 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Yeah, Keane is always apologising to the newsroom for going over; and then justifying it with, "oh that earth-shattering news we just broke a moment ago — Irish beef food safety tests are unfavourable — yes shocking, blah blah."

I think a bit of flexibility is a good thing but Keane probably abuses it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

Yea but sometimes they were cutting off a minister who was talking about important stuff,surly the news could be a couple of min late.

I disagree Dub13, and I had the distinct impression that Newstalk would be an Irish version of Radio Five Live (and indeed thats what we were promised at the outset), and as such they should at least have accurate Clocks for the News on the hour every hour > and on Time.

If they want to be taken seriously.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Big Tone

Badabing wrote: »
    Sadly Tom Dunne is turning into Gerry Ryan, he keeps mentionting his wife at home and what she says or does or what she gives out about, NT are obiously going after the housewifes market between 9-12.

...And we all know what happened to Gerry and his big mouth!

I am finished with Newstalk,I have been listening to them since the start and use to listen to it all the time.Its just getting worse and worse.

Today was the last straw,Hook was in a shop window doing his show.Now thats fine I don't no why anybody would be interested in listing to a radio show thats in a shop window.I don't care were they do the show from but I don't want to hear about it every 3 min,and when I can hear restaurant noise in the background its to much.Why should I listed to sub standard sound and this coming at a time when the content is getting alot more tabloid like.

I switched over to Mat Cooper,it was the first time I have ever listened to him and it was fine,at least I did not hear people in the background eating there dinner or baby's crying like on newstalk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

You never listened to The Last Word? Wow! You'll find its a MUCH more consistent programme which broadly operates at a higher hard current affairs level. Cooper tens to go big on stuff like transport, infrastructure, economics as thats his own background with the Sunday Tribune.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Roanmore

The Breakfast show is really p**sing me off. We get the news at 6.30 am, then drivel for about 5 mins from the 2 presenters (sometimes it is interesting). But the problem I have is after the 5 min ad break we get the papers (use to like the guest reviewer, what happened that?) and then Conor Brophy (who I like) gives us the news headlines but only manages to gives us details on one story because there is no time. Then another 5 mins break and sports which we have heard already after 6.30 headlines and will hear again 8 mins later (I'm a sports nut but jeez even I'm bored at this). Any chance of extending the Business news and cutting the drivel or is it because they are now sharing Conor Brophy with Today FM they have cut his time?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,608 ✭✭✭themont85

I am finished with Newstalk,I have been listening to them since the start and use to listen to it all the time.Its just getting worse and worse.

Today was the last straw,Hook was in a shop window doing his show.Now thats fine I don't no why anybody would be interested in listing to a radio show thats in a shop window.I don't care were they do the show from but I don't want to hear about it every 3 min,and when I can hear restaurant noise in the background its to much.Why should I listed to sub standard sound and this coming at a time when the content is getting alot more tabloid like.

I switched over to Mat Cooper,it was the first time I have ever listened to him and it was fine,at least I did not hear people in the background eating there dinner or baby's crying like on newstalk.

I gave up on them 6 months ago. It had so much potential at the start and was improving but since it went national has gone to the pits. I would stll listen to Off the Ball but its timi isn't great for me. I'm sick of Hook, always hated Keane, the breakfast show is grating and the weekend shows were tedious. But most of all I hate the feel of the station- the production values annoy me, there seems to be a concerted effort for a dumb downed station and obviously the '30c text'.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭Firetrap

I hate the way the presenters keep touting for those 30c texts. Today I was listening to the sports show and the presenter (can't remember which one it was) said he'd eaten a whole basket of chicken at a Christmas party the night before. Comments to 53106 for 30c... Anyone who texts in deserves to be ripped off IMHO.

Midnight came & went the news was late as usual (or non existent)? so I switched over to BBC Radio Five & was informed about the death of a well known Irishman called Conor Cruise O'Brien ...........

Whats the story with Newstalk News always being two or three mins late?

Whats the story with missing News bulletins?

Whats the story with Newstalk doing repeats through the night?

Why cant Newstalk be as good (or even half as good) as a BBC Radio Station?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,581 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

JESUS H. MACEY!
    Repeating the Repeats! On Saturday evening (around 8ish) I was clipping my toe nails and squeezing into a figure hugging little black number when HOLY SWEET LAMB OF DIVINE! The wireless picked up Newstalk when it was playing the exact same edited version of their daytime programme (which is broadcast at night) was being RE-PLAYED!
    So to straighten up rant...A show's broadcast in the morning (grand), then it's edited down and meshed with a number of other live broadcast shows from the same day (hmm...well if you must) then it's re-played at night (despairing now). Then it's re-played on Saturday!? Sweet aunt Sally.
    This station is committing hare-kari in front of our very ears!
    Well before the dopey programmer (or what have you) succeeds in death by his own hand I think his sorry coil should be dragged up the hill and set inside the belly of the Wicker man and burned ALIVE!

They must be seriously short of money. I'd imagine that when you start repeating shows, you get less money from advertising. And the less money you get from advertising, the less money you have to make new shows. And so on. Aspects of the station do annoy me but I hate that we're now being given less choice because they're just repeating their old shows.

In today's Sunday Tribune, the journalist writing the radio column noted that it was unlikely that when Ger Gilroy and Claire Byrne signed up for the Breakfast Show, that they imagined they'd be discussing Christmas trifle recipes. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,675 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Firetrap wrote: »
    They must be seriously short of money. I'd imagine that when you start repeating shows, you get less money from advertising. And the less money you get from advertising, the less money you have to make new shows. And so on. Aspects of the station do annoy me but I hate that we're now being given less choice because they're just repeating their old shows.

Interestingly, the repeat of Tom Dunne's show has ads all through it - unlike the late night repeats (which are now at one am). I thought this was odd, especially as each ad break mentions Tom Dunne with thanks to Sky Tv or something similar, which i suppose would give them decent enough revenue?

What's happening to the station is pretty sad. Honestly, live broadcasts stop at 9 on Friday. 9 O'Clock!! What the holy hell is that all about? On Monday, they have just six shows altogether. I'm still livid that they got rid of Splanc and that. On Friday just gone, instead of listening to the best Irish language show i'm aware of, I got to listen to Tom telling me about cooking a goose in his house next week (50 million times).

It was a trial, mind you. Won't be doing that on any other Fridays.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭Scottie99

The Off the Ball programme is very good.

The quality of guests they have is impressive imo

Must admit that's a top show. As for the morning show...................crap and its only a matter of time before it goes the same way as the O.B show:D

The only programs I listen to is Eamon Keane, Moncrieff and Off the ball

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12 refindsearcher

jaysus, this is a good auld newstalk bashing rant above me..i love it!!

i like newstalk as a station but i think the recession is hitting the station hard with loads of its shows and researchers being let go...i think its sad too because i can only take so much of tom dunne...

as for the news, eamon keane loves going late to news cus its a bit dramatic ya know?? newstalk used to be bang on time but they now go a minute or so over....eamon keane once went over by 8 minutes which i think is funny because no1 actually cares and he made a big deal apologizing about it...,he loves getting "breaking news" on his show....

i think newstalk has the potential to be a great station but really sucks at the moment during the week...i like the weekend shows up until the sports comes on....then its over to another station....

jaysus, this is a good auld newstalk bashing rant above me..i love it!!

i think newstalk has the potential to be a great station but really sucks at the moment during the week...i like the weekend shows up until the sports comes on....then its over to another station....

Indeed, Newstalk did have the 'potential' to be a Great Station since day one several years ago (but it never happened), and now its going down the tubes rapidly ......................

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,682 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

I guess the problem is that the station has had to compromise its original mandate since it first launched. In the beginning it was placing itself in direct competition with RTE Radio 1, as well as filling the desire for a 5 Live type station. This had the potential to really shake things up and could have caused some positive changes at RTE in response.

But when it went nation-wide they must have realised the futility of trying to compete with RTE. There are just too many people who have their radios permanently set to our national broadcaster and won't reach for the dial for any reason.

As a result, Newstalk are now competing with their sister station Today FM for listeners. Which just seems pointless.

Going nation-wide was a mistake. They had a better chance up against RTE in Dublin.

I guess the problem is that the station has had to compromise its original mandate since it first launched. In the beginning it was placing itself in direct competition with RTE Radio 1, as well as filling the desire for a 5 Live type station. This had the potential to really shake things up and could have caused some positive changes at RTE in response.

But when it went nation-wide they must have realised the futility of trying to compete with RTE. There are just too many people who have their radios permanently set to our national broadcaster and won't reach for the dial for any reason.

As a result, Newstalk are now competing with their sister station Today FM for listeners. Which just seems pointless.

Going nation-wide was a mistake. They had a better chance up against RTE in Dublin.

Yep whilst it was 'Dublin only' it was developing itself a loyal listenership and were taking listeners away from Radio 1 i think. The step was too big for them and they've sacraficed a lot of things which made it decent for short term survival.

How long it is until Dennis O'Brien gets his way and moves the Last Word or the Premier league soccer i wonder? Essentailly they are competing with one another in a extremelly expensive format killing listnership for the other. Moving a show like the Last Word would give Newstalk unbelievable exposure, greater than their ads all over the place. It would give them a bit of actual live sport on their Saturday show too. The BCI of course would be none to happy about it, but he has already had the news teams consolidated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Koloman

AH the good old days when Newstalk was a quality Dublin station! Remember Hidden Dublin on the morning show with Declan? They also used to have a know your rights slot which was always very informative. The nationwide move has killed them. If I had my way I would axe everything apart from Off the Ball and Moncrieff (YES, I would even axe HOOK!) and start again as a DUBLIN only station which is badly needed in fact. What does everyone else think?

• Advertisement

I like half your suggestion Kolo but once I prefer one half I dislike the other and I keep changing my mind.

I don't think it's about axing the presenters. There's something worse afoot I fear. Something in the woodshed perhaps...or Denmark.

The decisions taken: on presenting roles, format, timing, ad pitches etc. have been dreadful. Average presenters taken to higher roles in unstudied format. T.Dunne (for e.g) was shot straight from the cannon on 100fm(or something) into the lunchtime hot seat on a news based station. This swap didn't appear to have been rehearsed (or worked)off air for a few days or weeks like any other job changers would. Of course Dunne would take such an offer(who wouldn't). So the problem with Newstalk isn't neccessarily the presenters. They are just the result of continiously bad decisions by station managers and other people working in the background.

I don't like Eamonn Keane. I don't think Eamonn Keane is any good. For e.g today he interviewed Tracey Cooper at 12.3something and within a half hour Tracey was inparting the same info to Jennings on R1 and the difference of quality of questioning was monumental. It was like Rooney dribbling past The Sunshine club. Keeping Keane at that hour of the day whilst knocking other shows out is the work of an incompetent gluebag but not Keane (he's just a twat).

Bad decisions keep coming with this lot.

Even though I'm a culchie, I wouldn't have minded listening to a Hidden Dublin type show if the subject matter was interesting. They could have expanded the format to have hidden other parts of the country as well. I never heard the station when it was Dublin only but I'm disappointed at the dumbing down I've noticed since I started listening out on the sticks. For example, I used to enjoy listening to those two old codgers on a Sunday night (the Snug, wasn't it?). I think I also heard the odd documentary but I may be confusing it with Radio 1.

Now it seems that they're going for a populist lowest common denominator. The breakfast show is a disaster and has driven me back to Morning Ireland. Some of the stuff they discuss on that is terrifyingly inane IMHO. There's too much light and fluffy filler, interspersed with current affairs shows (Keane & Hook). I like sport but I've gotten tired of Off the Ball being on for 3 hours every single night of the week.

It's a pity Newstalk can't put on other types of programs even every other night. Even if they can't produce them in-house, I'm sure there are plenty of independent folk who'd gladly make documentaries (for example) on the cheap in the hope that they'll make a name for themselves.

Even though I'm a culchie, I wouldn't have minded listening to a Hidden Dublin type show if the subject matter was interesting. They could have expanded the format to have hidden other parts of the country as well. I never heard the station when it was Dublin only but I'm disappointed at the dumbing down I've noticed since I started listening out on the sticks. For example, I used to enjoy listening to those two old codgers on a Sunday night (the Snug, wasn't it?). I think I also heard the odd documentary but I may be confusing it with Radio 1.

Now it seems that they're going for a populist lowest common denominator. The breakfast show is a disaster and has driven me back to Morning Ireland. Some of the stuff they discuss on that is terrifyingly inane IMHO. There's too much light and fluffy filler, interspersed with current affairs shows (Keane & Hook). I like sport but I've gotten tired of Off the Ball being on for 3 hours every single night of the week.

It's a pity Newstalk can't put on other types of programs even every other night. Even if they can't produce them in-house, I'm sure there are plenty of independent folk who'd gladly make documentaries (for example) on the cheap in the hope that they'll make a name for themselves.
    The breakfast show is a disaster. Ger Gilroy and Claire Byrne have as much chemistry as a pair of corpses! George Hooks wife may well be lovely but I do not want to hear about her every 5 minutes! With the Sound and Vision fund available there is no excuse not to make the odd documentary as they used to do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

The lovely Ingrid

Even though I'm a culchie, I wouldn't have minded listening to a Hidden Dublin type show if the subject matter was interesting. They could have expanded the format to have hidden other parts of the country as well.

Yes indeed, another oppportunity missed ................

This isn't an arrg post for once but seeing as this is a Newstalk thread...

I've been enjoying Conor Brophy presenting the lunchtime show this week. He's done a far better job than Eamon Keane IMHO. I thought he was excellent as well when he was on the Breakfast Show a while back. He does his job quietly and efficiently without feeling the need to project his personality onto proceedings.

Of course, it'll be back to arrg, Newstalk when the regular presenter gets back.

This isn't an arrg post for once but seeing as this is a Newstalk thread...

I've been enjoying Conor Brophy presenting the lunchtime show this week. He's done a far better job than Eamon Keane IMHO. I thought he was excellent as well when he was on the Breakfast Show a while back. He does his job quietly and efficiently without feeling the need to project his personality onto proceedings.

Of course, it'll be back to arrg, Newstalk when the regular presenter gets back.

Is this the business chap of the breakfast show? To be fair i personally don't think its hard to be better than 'Mr Breaking News Coming through to us here'.

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭stepinnman

Totally agree - Conor Brophy has done an excellent job and brings a far more professional air to both programmes but especially the Lunchtime show where the sense of gravitas is more important. They actually had a few nice fillers on over the Christmas period - there was a very good 30 min piece in one of their reviews of the year about the US Presidential Election - think it was on the lunchtime show.

That other tool Eamon Keane has done nothing but harm to the station - without knowing the actual figures I'd imagine he's made little or no impact and from a quality and credibility point of view he has, in my opinion, diminished the station's reputation.

Was listening to Newstalk on & off over the Christmas period, and sadly I must say that it just sounded like some 'second rate' Radio station from about twenty years ago . . . & way off the mark too > with loads of repeats, some really Crap Adverts, News bulletins 4/5/6 mins late in some cases, sloppy editing, a distinct lack of ideas, poor presenting, no real direction, maybe a lack of funding?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

Used to listen to it. No longer bother. In fact I lost it on my radio presets and wasn't able to find it easily so just didn't bother.

• Advertisement

stepinnman wrote: »
    Totally agree - Conor Brophy has done an excellent job and brings a far more professional air to both programmes but especially the Lunchtime show where the sense of gravitas is more important. They actually had a few nice fillers on over the Christmas period - there was a very good 30 min piece in one of their reviews of the year about the US Presidential Election - think it was on the lunchtime show.

That other tool Eamon Keane has done nothing but harm to the station - without knowing the actual figures I'd imagine he's made little or no impact and from a quality and credibility point of view he has, in my opinion, diminished the station's reputation.

Normally when a regular presenter is away they put in someone who is worse but in Keane's case all his replacements have been an improvement! If I were him I would be worried.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 54321

Credit where credit is due. Conor Brophy did a great job filling lunchtime and breakfast too. Ivan Yates is sounding at home in the Right Hook.

Overall Newstalk should elevate these, and others more often.

So not only does Hooky look like podge OR rodge he is podge AND rodge!
    Presenting in the morning and the afternoon!? For 2 weeks? It'll kill the man.

Thankfully there's no excuse to have to listen to him in the morning what with Aine Hornbag on R1, the excellent Radio France International live feed on the excellent over Chrimbo NEARFM, brilliant/rubbish home grown music on Radio na Life and Country(? 106.8 anyway) playing some unusual stuff at this hour too. 4 stations all doing something different at this hour...spoiled rotten.

How long will the blow fish last? End of the week?
    Feck him! How long's Nwtk gonna last. I think the station's wheezing louder than Georgie boy!

He doesn't get any extra cash for it either.

humberklog wrote: »

I am sure he does.

So not only does Hooky look like podge OR rodge he is podge AND rodge!
    Presenting in the morning and the afternoon!? For 2 weeks? It'll kill the man.

Thankfully there's no excuse to have to listen to him in the morning what with Aine Hornbag on R1, the excellent Radio France International live feed on the excellent over Chrimbo NEARFM, brilliant/rubbish home grown music on Radio na Life and Country(? 106.8 anyway) playing some unusual stuff at this hour too. 4 stations all doing something different at this hour...spoiled rotten.

How long will the blow fish last? End of the week?
    Feck him! How long's Nwtk gonna last. I think the station's wheezing louder than Georgie boy!

Can't accuse the man of not working hard to be fair. He'll probably be of to South Africa for the Lions in June so he probably needs time of later in the year.

I am sure he does.
    He says nay.
    Mentioned that he's salaried and is receiving nada for carrying the extra bag of coal up the stairs.

themont85 wrote: »
    Can't accuse the man of not working hard to be fair. He'll probably be of to South Africa for the Lions in June so he probably needs time of later in the year.

It won't be a problem as I can't see the station lasting that long.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭brettmirl

From the Newstalk website:
    Ger is on holiday so Claire is teaming up with a special guest co-presenter this week - George Hook.

George will be getting up earlier than usual to get into the studio before taking a break and returning later to present his own programme, The Right Hook , later in the afternoon. We'll be arranging a special wake up call each morning just to make sure he gets in on time. He's already pointed out that he's older than the combined ages of Claire and Ger so let us know whether you think he'll stand the pace!

Are they trying Hooky out for the Breakfast show fulltime I wonder....
    Maybe move Matt Cooper over to Drivetime?

He says nay.
    Mentioned that he's salaried and is receiving nada for carrying the extra bag of coal up the stairs.

Well thats strange,I am sure if he pushed he could get extra payment but as mentioned above maybe he is doing it for more time off.
    It won't be a problem as I can't see the station lasting that long.

If it does go to the wall it will be a shame,it has gone downhill big time but choice is good.

• Advertisement

mick_irl wrote: »
    Are they trying Hooky out for the Breakfast show fulltime I wonder....
    Maybe move Matt Cooper over to Drivetime?
    I can't imagine they'd f**k up Todayfm's line-up for the sake of Newstalk. Todayfm is doing okay, where as Newstalk probably isn't worth saving at this stage. Hooky's having to step into the breach (for free) in the mornings is almost certainly a sign of bigger problems at Newstalk.

It's sad but I agree that we'll probably be reading Newstalk's obituary before long.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement