Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Newstalk Megathread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

and whos "We"

cause all im hearing is the ususal suspects

the rest of us outside of the D-Furr trinity/UCD set are perfectly happy with our relationship with alcohol.

hence why despite all the nonsense its never changes, generation after generation. TBH at this stage i just wish the minority would just feck off to Utah and leave the rest of us alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭wobblyknees

and whos "We"

cause all im hearing is the ususal suspects

the rest of us outside of the D-Furr trinity/UCD set are perfectly happy with our relationship with alcohol.

hence why despite all the nonsense its never changes, generation after generation. TBH at this stage i just wish the minority would just feck off to Utah and leave the rest of us alone.

I can't possibly argue with this well thought out and balanced argument.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,462 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Looks like George is abandoning all attempts at news coverage in favour of pontification,it's fast becoming the church of George.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭pm1977x

Why is Mick Clifford now on at night, why is he on the radio in the first place, why won't he go away, for good!? :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,939 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

pm1977x wrote: »
    Why is Mick Clifford now on at night, why is he on the radio in the first place, why won't he go away, for good!? :mad:

is he doing the sex talk on davenport after dark?:pac:

is he doing the sex talk on davenport after dark?:pac:

oh dear god! :eek: currently 'sitting in' for the bloke who has some problem with his throat and is constantly bashing (probably correctly) university lecturers, Coleman???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Y'know... it's gotten to the stage where Coleman's is probably the only hard news based show on NT that I can stomach listening to these days.

What's the relationship between him and Bill, the FG bloke - they tear strips off each other at times

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 354 ✭✭robbe

Tuned in this morning for the 1st time in a while, Mary O'Rourke being interviewed by Nora Casey....sweet jesus, couldn't reach for the dial quick enough!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,472 ✭✭✭Grolschevik

oh dear god! :eek: currently 'sitting in' for the bloke who has some problem with his throat and is constantly bashing (probably correctly) university lecturers, Coleman???

That'll be the bare 2.2.
    What's the relationship between him and Bill, the FG bloke - they tear strips off each other at times

There were rumours he was expelled from Young FG.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭Bits_n_Bobs

robbe wrote: »
    Tuned in this morning for the 1st time in a while, Mary O'Rourke being interviewed by Nora Casey....sweet jesus, couldn't reach for the dial quick enough!

Reached for the dial just after Nora made the totally amazingly astute observation that countries with quotas for women in politics have...drumbeat...more women in politics!!

Which is seemingly a compelling argument for quotas for women in politics.

meant to post this last week, but was listening to the science show in the car last saturday and caught the start of global village.
    dil was going on about animal rights, asking if ireland treats animals well.
    so now we're a bunch of homophobic sectarian racists who love a good dog fight!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,675 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Ah, global village.

Do they still use "paradise city" by guns and roses as the intro music? I always get a great laugh out of that.

Wonder why they didnt use "one in a million".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,558 ✭✭✭Heroditas

robbe wrote: »

Reached for the dial just after Nora made the totally amazingly astute observation that countries with quotas for women in politics have...drumbeat...more women in politics!!

Which is seemingly a compelling argument for quotas for women in politics.

The "cream" of Irish business :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

meant to post this last week, but was listening to the science show in the car last saturday and caught the start of global village.
    dil was going on about animal rights, asking if ireland treats animals well.
    so now we're a bunch of homophobic sectarian racists who love a good dog fight!

Lol I know we are a terrible bunch, you would wonder why foreign people would want to stay in the country with people like us.

I honestly don't know how anyone sponsors the show, i would purposely not support any business that would support the anti-Irish rhetoric that comes across on that show.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Calhoun wrote: »
    I honestly don't know how anyone sponsors the show, i would purposely not support any business that would support the anti-Irish rhetoric that comes across on that show.

That global village.. lord jaysus... she was on the other week giving out about how it was terrible how the Irish media was "not representative of Irish people".... this coming from a mid 40s Sri Lankan lesbian?

Calhoun wrote: »
    Lol I know we are a terrible bunch, you would wonder why foreign people would want to stay in the country with people like us.

sponsored by a taxi company, of all things.

i wonder does she present the show with her back to the microphone telling you what's right while looking over her shoulder...

'an i'll tell ya sometin else for nuttin...'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

ya is all racists! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

mike65 wrote: »
    ya is all racists! :pac:

lol :), Its not that at all i get the need for open discussion of the topics she discusses but the approach is all wrong, its like Ireland at large are young kids and she is the morally correct teacher coming to tell us off.

If she got rid of the condescending anti-Irish tone there wouldnt be an issue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭bamboozle

Nora Casey (or Casey as Chris called her last week) made an awful error this morning, interviewing an ABC Melbourne reporter on the case of an Irish woman who has been missing since Sat night, Casey asked 'you worked with her in ABC, what WAS she like?' hope none of her family were listening to this.

• Advertisement

Not the first time I've heard that sort of thing in radio interviews.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,462 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

I've lost the faith I'm afraid,they just sound bland together.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭GSF

bamboozle wrote: »
    Nora Casey (or Casey as Chris called her last week) made an awful error this morning, interviewing an ABC Melbourne reporter on the case of an Irish woman who has been missing since Sat night, Casey asked 'you worked with her in ABC, what WAS she like?' hope none of her family were listening to this.

Since its the Homicide Division that is now leading the inquiry that is more likely to affect the family than the use of past tense in decscribing recollections of a colleague I'd have thought

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭bamboozle

GSF wrote: »
    Since its the Homicide Division that is now leading the inquiry that is more likely to affect the family than the use of past tense in decscribing recollections of a colleague I'd have thought

true but she is being treated as a missing person, not a murder victim.

Hopefully she'll be found safely.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭telekon

Loving Paul Williams' continual reference to "Norma"Casey.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,068 ✭✭✭✭neris

telekon wrote: »
    Loving Paul Williams' continual reference to "Norma"Casey.

he mustn't be a fan of rte on a sunday night

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Another Ploughing Championships means another plethora of Newstalk programmes being broadcast from the place, which can only mean shyte sound quality and the annoying noise of random voices in the background :rolleyes:

Another Ploughing Championships means another plethora of Newstalk programmes being broadcast from the place, which can only mean shyte sound quality and the annoying noise of random voices in the background :rolleyes:

OB's for OB's sake are a pain in the hole. IIRC Hook spent a week broadcasting from a noisy pub.

The only crowd that seem to get them right is OTB, but that's largely due to the fact that the atmosphere of the show suits having a bit of background noise.

Marc Coleman says that he is gonna announce the reason for his absence at the end of the show??? Anybody any idea what that's about. ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭delaad

Marc Coleman says that he is gonna announce the reason for his absence at the end of the show??? Anybody any idea what that's about. ?

Trying to keep people listening?!

• Advertisement

delaad wrote: »
    Trying to keep people listening?!

Yeah I thought he might be trying to sucker me in to listening alright... I'm sure he'll probably just say he was at Marian Finucane's Coffee Morning (hosted by Charlie Bird) or something.

Listened in there for the last bit of the first hour. He didn't do the little cough-tick thing once...

So I'm gonna go ahead and guess that he was absent while getting an operation to correct this.

Won't be able to listen unfortunately, so can someone post here when he announces it? Hope it's nothing more serious....

Coleman's first daughter was born last nite.. That's why he was off..

Coleman's first daughter was born last nite.. That's why he was off..

Ah ffs! So much for all the conspiracy theories! :D

Ah ffs! So much for all the conspiracy theories! :D

I'd say he was keeping his mouth shut about the rate of absenteeism in the HSE last nite.. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭GSF

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    OB's for OB's sake are a pain in the hole. IIRC Hook spent a week broadcasting from a noisy pub.
    At least it drowns out his snorting (a bit).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

After the break Farmers health. Very Farmer oriented radio today, which is silly because any idle Farmer is at the ploughing championships.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Your one Evelyn on with Moncrief sounds like your stereotypical socially-challenged nerd, she just happens to be female. When asked about "how to approach a fella she was audibly squirming. Then he asked her about the weather and the confidence returned to her voice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Evelyn Cusack sounds hyper.

• Advertisement

They are piggybacking RTEs hurling final by watching RTE2 and commenting on whats happening until the Premier League game starts at 4 pm. Rather cheeky.

mike65 wrote: »
    They are piggybacking RTEs hurling final by watching RTE2 and commenting on whats happening until the Premier League game starts at 4 pm. Rather cheeky.

Today FM did the same for Katie Taylor fights during the 'Lympics. :pac:

I hate it when they do this sort of thing, just screams cheapskate and needy.

edit, 4 pm come and gone and no game. Odd. So they have passed on their EPL contract obligations to talk about a game they have no rights to off screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Sheepkins

Georges speech very slurred today!,,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,068 ✭✭✭✭neris

This carl dieter fella on business would send you back to sleep. Hes just droning on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭jimmyw

I am after noticing something over the last while and its happened more than once that on the breakfast show, they are talking to a minister or someone and tune into MI and the same person is on that too at the same time.Obviously one of them is recorded but its kinda strange none the less.

The latest one.Just listen to Kathleen Lynch this morning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭splendid101

jimmyw wrote: »
    I am after noticing something over the last while and its happened more than once that on the breakfast show, they are talking to a minister or someone and tune into MI and the same person is on that too at the same time.Obviously one of them is recorded but its kinda strange none the less.

The latest one.Just listen to Kathleen Lynch this morning.

Arra, sure they play pre recorded interviews all the time. Usually prior to it they'll say "earlier I spoke to....and I started by asking her...."

I think it's fair enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

i tell ya mark Coleman is so ignorant it is unreal. how he continues to get guests when he continually talks over them and insults them

racso1975 wrote: »
    i tell ya mark Coleman is so ignorant it is unreal. how he continues to get guests when he continually talks over them and insults them

I agree with him about a lot of what he says.. Particularly his point about the people in public service pushing costs on to private business in lieu of actually finding that money in pay cuts from their own wages.. But it was really annoying tonight with all the cross talk, people repeating phrases OVER and OVER trying to interrupt each other..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

Who's the knob-end that does "the appys" slot on the breakfast show? I see the D4 accent is alive and well:rolleyes:. Or I mean aloive undh woll.

Anyone listening to this plonker who's organising the Sean Quinn rally in Ballyconnell on the G.Hook show?

Hook is giving him a decent pummelling. Good man George!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement