Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

New Citroen C5

Options
  • 13-02-2008 12:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭

When is the new Citroen C5 being launched in Ireland?

Citroen C5 Review

Any ideas of price?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,423 ✭✭✭pburns

This car is attracting an inordinate amount of interest on Boards...

I noticed similar when Quasqai was launched. Maybe Citroen have a bit of a hit on their hand:confused:

(And I bet mingy Irish buyers still go for the 1.6HDi:mad:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 356 ✭✭agent_smith

beautiful car. Absolutely gorgeous to look at. The hydroactive suspension would be best of both worlds if money would allow. Nice sporty ride when you want it and soft and relaxing when cruising the motorways.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭RedorDead

Saw one tonight on the kylemore road. Really cool rear lights at night time. Camera phone is broken so no pics. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

AlanD wrote: »
    When is the new Citroen C5 being launched in Ireland?

Citroen C5 Review

Any ideas of price?

AFAIK, April/May is the expected launch date. No prices yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭AlanD

oh that far away?

Yeah can't wait to have a go. Big fan of the C6 and loved the pneumatic suspensions of old.....a bit wavey on the road but oh so comfortable.

I'm thinking 40k for a high spec diesel with pneumatic suspension.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭E92

You have to go for the top of the range ones to get the hydro-pneumatic suspension most likely. The base ones, i.e. the ones everyone in this country will buy, will have a standard suspension setup, the same as is found in almost any other car(including most Citroens). Thats what they're doing in the UK and I'm sure they'll do the same thing here.

AlanD wrote: »

I'm thinking 40k for a high spec diesel with pneumatic suspension.

Hmmm - hard to know - 2.7 V6 HDi with hydractive suspension could easily exceed €40k. C6 with similar spec tops €65k.

It is possible that if a 2.2HDi is available in C5 then it may come in around €40k.

crosstownk wrote: »
    Hmmm - hard to know - 2.7 V6 HDi with hydractive suspension could easily exceed €40k. C6 with similar spec tops €65k.

It is possible that if a 2.2HDi is available in C5 then it may come in around €40k.

Is that before or after the VRT changes, which would surely make the diesels more affordable?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Stevie Dakota

Funny that no-one mentioned anything about reliability, its all about how she looks...:o

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭GERMAN ROCKS

i heard citroen diesels are supposed to be bullet proof. iam thinking this in the 1.6hdi will be my next car

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭Sandwich

Its a least 3 years away for me. Unfortunately. As I will be getting one a few years old.

Already looking forward to it though.

Drool....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Zonda999

The only way for a citroen to sell in this country is to have half decent reliability or be a very interesting car.It remains to be seen about reliability but certainly the looks are in its favour.When it comes to purpose, i'm not so sure.We seem to be entering an age of enormous family saloons e.g new mondeo, new mazda 6, vw passat, new skoda superb etc....That citroen does'nt look like it will put up much of a fight to these as a family car.And as for those looks again, i bet everyone liked the c4's looks as well a few years ago but that has'nt exactly sold in great numbers has it???

Here is the price list for the C5 in it's native country.

The diesels for a crowd always extolling the virtues of diesel power don't do too well on balance. 24% VRT for the 2.0 HDi(a Mazda6 2.0 petrol is in the same emissions/VRT/road tax category as it), the 2.2 HDi is in the the 28% VRT category(same as many petrols in the class though, though the similar power 2.0 TDI 170 Passat is in 24% as is the Avensis 2.2 D-4D), and the V6 HDi, well lets forget about that.

No one is going to buy petrols in July so I don't see the point in mentioning them other than to say the CO2 from them confirms why(high for engine size and class).

I've just done a check and unusually the new C5 is heavier on fuel than the old one, and as the VRT rates above show, the nations new favourite C5 will indeed be the 1.6 HDi!

The Motoring section of The Irish Times (Wed 13th Feb) has it coming in sub €30k for all base models.
    i heard citroen diesels are supposed to be bullet proof.

Yep - seems to be the case. Those Berlingos seem to sell well and have a great track record when it comes to reliability. I don't have much experience with the C5 HDi, but I've some with the Peugeot 407 (same engine). There are some issues relating to the turbo and the dual mass flywheel - but not on an epidemic scale.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭An Ri rua

crosstownk wrote: »
    The Motoring section of The Irish Times (Wed 13th Feb) has it coming in sub €30k for all base models.

Yep - seems to be the case. Those Berlingos seem to sell well and have a great track record when it comes to reliability. I don't have much experience with the C5 HDi, but I've some with the Peugeot 407 (same engine). There are some issues relating to the turbo and the dual mass flywheel - but not on an epidemic scale.

Yeah I've had 3 Xantias and brought most of them from 70k to 160k. That's a 1.9td, a 2.0 16v petrol, and a 2.0 Hdi 90. They are all bullet-proof. Even the petrol. The current HDi I will keep until it stops. Which could be 300k my friends. Simple things with Xants, anyway, the TD always needed new rad core somewhere along the way, the HDi needed new flywheel when timing belt was being changed (known fault) and the rear lift pump failed also (known Hdi fault also) So nothing unexpected. Citroen suspension is also bullet proof. Just check the fluids once a week and change spheres and drain fluid as per service schedule. You can then have a quirky Cit for 15 years. They are bullet proof all around, just a little different to your standard car. Thank God !!
    However, i wud never buy one new! 2nd hand makes so much more sense. And with a Citroen, phase II is always perfect, phase 1 can be niggly. With this car's looks (non -Citroen though it must be said) one could forgive tiny niggles.
    Oh and a Citroen without spheres is not really a Citroen mon ami

Advertisement