Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How much would you quote?

Options
  • 13-02-2008 12:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭

Hi,

Have to give a quote to a client for a design and development of a site. About 15 pages of content and then a 5 step process for registration of users for events that the client holds. The registration process is done in php, mysql db and needs to include payment processing, paypal and credit card. They also need a backend where they can manage these registrations (view, search, delete etc) and all payment transactions. Any ideas?!? I don't want to go too over the top because there is potential for a lot more work... Thanks....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭ChicoMendez

Hi,

Have to give a quote to a client for a design and development of a site. About 15 pages of content and then a 5 step process for registration of users for events that the client holds. The registration process is done in php, mysql db and needs to include payment processing, paypal and credit card. They also need a backend where they can manage these registrations (view, search, delete etc) and all payment transactions. Any ideas?!? I don't want to go too over the top because there is potential for a lot more work... Thanks....

10k would be about right - that way he'll be grateful you made an effort with the price and will throw alot of more business to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭John_Mc

10k would be about right - that way he'll be grateful you made an effort with the price and will throw alot of more business to you.

You having a laugh with the 10k?

Assuming the OP is a freelancer, then I'd think no more than 5k. I certainly wouldn't quote more than that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭chief_stains

Assuming the OP is a freelancer, then I'd think no more than 5k. I certainly wouldn't quote more than that

Yeah, I was thinking even that was on the high side but I'll certainly be considering that as the price... Thanks for the replies fellas...

Yeah, I was thinking even that was on the high side but I'll certainly be considering that as the price... Thanks for the replies fellas...

It really depends on the quality of the work you can deliver on! Standards compliance and Accessibility, together with a nice layout and graphics will obviously mean you can charge more.From the sounds of it, the functional requirements in the backend aren't too challenging but will need to be totally secure.

At the end of the day, it comes down to what you think the client can afford to pay. That said, you'll obviously have a bottom line which makes the project worthwhile to take on

DJB wrote: »
    I'd quote 10k and get John_MC to do it for 5k! :D

Done :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭DJB

I'd quote 10k and get John_MC to do it for 5k! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

Then theres me that would do it for under 2k :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Bob the Builder

OP, just quote 8k, and when you get the job, then just charge them 5k for being such a good client(or at least make up a reason), and they'll be over the moon....

thats what you call being a good salesman and a brilliant web designer.... :p
    Webmonkey wrote: »
    Then theres me that would do it for under 2k :(
    Then there's me that would do it for €2... :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 831 ✭✭✭Laslo

First of all - do you have any experience doing something like this with PHP and MySQL or will you be learning on the job?

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭Design_Dude

nevf wrote: »
    OP, just quote 8k, and when you get the job, then just charge them 5k for being such a good client(or at least make up a reason), and they'll be over the moon....

thats what you call being a good salesman and a brilliant web designer.... :p

Thta just shows that the designer hasnt a clue and is makin it all up as he goes along!

You wont be writing all the scripts urself anyway, so youll prob have it done in a wekk or 10days so about 3k?

• Advertisement
Advertisement