Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where can I buy Marsala?

• 13-02-2008 12:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭

I've seen Marsala as an ingredient in a lot of recipes and i was wondering where I could buy it. Would it be in an off license? and should I be looking for sweet or dry marsala for cooking and what's the difference if any?

And does anyone know where I can get Maldon salt and what's the difference between it and sea salt?

Thanks!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Kurumba

I started a thread on this a while back, I have found it since in Superquinn, it's about 17quid i think. Haven't used it myself yet but will be in the next few days hopefully. All of the off licences i have tried haven't got it.
    I also asked about the dry and sweet thing, apparently it's dry wine with chicken or veal etc and sweet for a desert. I can't vouch for this though.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055162625&highlight=marsala

Hope this helps!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Minder

dh2007 wrote: »
    And does anyone know where I can get Maldon salt and what's the difference between it and sea salt?

Maldon salt is a brand of sea salt made by a very old company in Maldon, Essex, on the east coast of England. Basically the sea water is boiled until all evaporated, leaving the salt crystals. Don't tesco have it? If not, try any other brand of sea salt flakes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭dh2007

thanks for the replies guys! I've a superquinn quite close to me and I'll try there.

I was actually in an italian deli in bray today and they only had a sweet marsala and she said exactly what you said jessie1 - it's only for desserts. Is the one in SQ the sweet or the dry one? I'm looking for the dry one

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭molliesassy

I buy Maldon salt in our local health food shop. Might be worth trying one near you.

Advertisement