Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where will you buy yours? (GTA IV) MEGAMERGE!!

• 13-02-2008 12:42pm
    Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Did a bit of shopping around yesterday and argos looks like the place to go @ 59.99. Gamestop were 64.99(ish) and xtravision (I think) were about the same.

Online cd-wow were about €55.99, but I have zero confidence in getting it anytime soon after release with them.
    Play.com is €61.99, and I don't see a Pal version on play-asia.

Anyone else have any suggestions? (I know it's not out til late april, but think I'll put in a preorder this time)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭exiot

Tesco always have the cheapest prices on games, though the only game they have ever stocked in Ennis for the 360 is Halo 3 which had a huge launch campaign which Im sure GTA4 will have so they might just stock it.

Bigger Tescos Im sure will stock it

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

An excellent plan, will check with them. There's the 24 hour one by the coonagh roundabout. Doubt will be able to get a list price before hand though..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

I have €20 down in gamestop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

I reckon I won't bother preordering it, I'll just walk into Tesco on the day and see if they have it. If not I'll go to the nearby Smyths, and failing that Argos or Xtra vision...
    Might order it from videogamesplus.ca if it turns out to be region free

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Jimbo

Where is the best place to pre-order it online?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,143 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

It will be Argos for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

exiot wrote: »
    Tesco always have the cheapest prices on games, though the only game they have ever stocked in Ennis for the 360 is Halo 3 which had a huge launch campaign which Im sure GTA4 will have so they might just stock it.

Bigger Tescos Im sure will stock it

Tesco aren't the cheapest for games. For example, Tesco have table tennis for €39.99 where as Currys are doing it for €9.99.

I was going to go to xtravision myself, but I think I'll go to argos now instead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

I've had it preordered from Sendit.com for months. I seem to have gotten the preorder in at a cheaper price than they're advertising it for now 0_o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭tyther

2 questions who is doing the best pre booking deal,and where is it the cheapest to get the speical edition box set.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

I'll have to wait (and wait..and wait) for the PC version. :/ I don't buy consoles. *stubborn arm folding motion* :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Even though I'm getting it on my 360 I'll be purchasing the PC version as soon as its available... which will probably be 8 months later, given previous form :(

pc ftw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

Stephen wrote: »
    Even though I'm getting it on my 360 I'll be purchasing the PC version as soon as its available... which will probably be 8 months later, given previous form :(

pc ftw.

indeed... mods ftw.

and the prospect of getting it over steam is tantalizing too :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 262 ✭✭stewiegriffin08

Ruu wrote: »
    I'll have to wait (and wait..and wait) for the PC version. :/ I don't buy consoles. *stubborn arm folding motion* :p

I know how you feel, that was me with GTA3, VC, and sort of sanandreas.... got a lend of a ps2, eventually.... But this year.. I am not going to let that happen, Im going to buy a ps3 and hd tv, just for this game.... might sell them back on.... lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Jet Black

Would not go to xtravision unless you pre-order. Went there on the release of san andres and they would not give it to me because I did not pre-order. They said come back in a couple of days:-) Went into smyths and got it no problem... and for 5euro cheaper!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭nevaeh-2die-4

This games is going to be the shiznit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 657 ✭✭✭tomred1

I was told that Virgin are the cheapest for new games on the day of the release, then they up the price after the weekend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 earljustine

I'll buy my GTA4 on a local gamestore because it is more safer than buying online.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

indeed... mods ftw.

and the prospect of getting it over steam is tantalizing too :D

mods/PC ftw indeed. I love modding out the game. Too bad we have to wait so long, but it will be worth it :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

suppafly wrote: »
    mods/PC ftw indeed. I love modding out the game. Too bad we have to wait so long, but it will be worth it :)

nah i won't be waiting. buy it for my ps3 and once the PC version drops i'll purchase that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Zonda999

Waitng for this to be delivered from an online retailer would be absolute TORTURE.This is definately the type of game that you stroll down to your local tesco for.Hopefully thats a 24hr one and you can have gta-iv at 00:05am on the 29th april.It'll only be around 55e in tesco anyway and if the game lives up the the hype you wont begrudge payin the extra 10euro over VG+ to play it straight away:D.And i bet they'll have a massive stock of the game as well so no fear of it being sold out!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

Tesco Ballybrack, and Dun Laoghaire don't stock PS3 games.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

Just preordered the Special Edition in Smyths. €95. :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

Wherever I can get the best deal on a Ps3 for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Zonda999

Tesco Ballybrack, and Dun Laoghaire don't stock PS3 games.

Tesco, though are always out to make a bit of extra dosh. e.g when the harry potter book was being launched last summer, i remember seeing it in tesco stores with no book sections, maybe they'll do the same with gta4??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭Markvtos

I'll be purchasing mine at Gamestop in Castlebar as i've now prebooked, they said that they will match whatever the chapest shop price for Gta4 is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

feylya wrote: »
    Just preordered the Special Edition in Smyths. €95. :eek:

€95!!! jesus! what extra stuff do u get with the special edition?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,857 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Duffff-Man wrote: »
    Tesco aren't the cheapest for games. For example, Tesco have table tennis for €39.99 where as Currys are doing it for €9.99.

I was going to go to xtravision myself, but I think I'll go to argos now instead.

to be fair, that table tennis game was part of the 360 range that tesco had before they started getting the regular charts in. That's why you'll see games like oblivion, condemned, football manager 2006 at ridiculous prices, they're part of an old range and they haven't bothered changing their prices. The prices of their chart games are highly competitive imo.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

suppafly wrote: »
    €95!!! jesus! what extra stuff do u get with the special edition?

gta-iv-special-edition-s001sm.jpg

* Presented in a customised Grand Theft Auto metal safety deposit box, Grand Theft Auto IV: Special Edition contains:
    * Grand Theft Auto IV with special packaging
    * The Grand Theft Auto IV Art Book, featuring never-before-seen production artwork from Grand Theft Auto IV
    * Selected soundtrack CD from Grand Theft Auto IV, featuring new material from top artists, only available on this release
    * An exclusive Rockstar keychain for the safety deposit box keys
    * Limited Edition Rockstar Duffel Bag
    * All of the items have been created with the utmost attention to detail to create a unique Grand Theft Auto IV experience for any fan of the series. The Grand Theft Auto IV: Special Edition is available for pre-orders today.

More money than sense I guess :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,857 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

I was expecting that to be more than €95 tbh, you get a big duffel bag, the soundtrack etc. for only €35 extra.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,949 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Depends.. I have a €50 voucher for Zavvi / Virgin which I'll use if needs be. But if i can find it cheaper elsewhere. i'll buy it there.

Tesco were €50 for Halo 3.. but may have been a once off. They're generally very pricey for games. Wouldn't touch Gamestop or Xtra-Vision with a barge pole..

My local Zavvi is advertising it with an exclusive pre-order card............... OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH... sign me up! :rolleyes:

Advertisement