Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where will you buy yours? (GTA IV) MEGAMERGE!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

You'd want to be some sad act though to got to all that trouble for nowt.

People have gone through far more just to get a few thousand views on youtube...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,949 ✭✭✭✭Basq

You'd want to be some sad act though to got to all that trouble for nowt.
    Not really.. created a commotion, got plenty of traffic for his YouTube etc. The video was made in iMovie (some obvious effects used) and took very little time after the "game" was constructed.

When I put up 'Exclusive Grand Theft Auto IV Gameplay Footage' (which lead to a Rick Roll) earlier this month, I got over 10,000 views and plenty of comments. And it was well worth it for a bit of craic. Actually YouTube removed said video from 'My Videos' yesterday with no reason or anything. Pissed me right off..! :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 scorpdun

not sure if this has been posted in this thread but this a high quality live feed of a guy playing gta iv i have been tuning in and out most of the day http://www.justin.tv/pressstart

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Zonda999

basquille wrote: »
    Not really.. created a commotion, got plenty of traffic for his YouTube etc. The video was made in iMovie (some obvious effects used) and took very little time after the "game" was constructed.

When I put up 'Exclusive Grand Theft Auto IV Gameplay Footage' (which lead to a Rick Roll) earlier this month, I got over 10,000 views and plenty of comments. And it was well worth it for a bit of craic. Actually YouTube removed said video from 'My Videos' yesterday with no reason or anything. Pissed me right off..! :mad:

Well yesterday seemed to be the first day of ppl posting footage but it was taken down by take two as soon as it was up.They prob saw the name of your video assuming it really was gameplay and just deleted it straight away.Hey i fell for it meself, had me all excited and all.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭ciano1

scorpdun wrote: »
    not sure if this has been posted in this thread but this a high quality live feed of a guy playing gta iv i have been tuning in and out most of the day http://www.justin.tv/pressstart

Huh...some kanye west playing in game

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,857 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Got Jealousy much?
    no??? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 scorpdun

well it was good while it lasted !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Big_Mac

Does anyone know if gamestop are opening at midnight Monday night / Tuesday morning to co incide with the release by any chance?

Big_Mac wrote: »
    Does anyone know if gamestop are opening at midnight Monday night / Tuesday morning to co incide with the release by any chance?
    The Sligo store? I don't think so.. I know the manager there and he never mentioned it.

Advertisement for Tesco in the Independent today has a shot of the XBOX and PS3 versions of GTA IV and it says 'Available From Tuesday' and in a bubble 'Low Price Guaranteed!' but no actual mention of a price.

And just to prove it:

photory7.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭Branoic

What I really want to know is will the large 24hr Tescos have this available at midnight?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

giggity giggity goo!

Preordered from sendit.com ... last MAY!

This appeared today - status: Ready for dispatch (25th Apr 2008)

god I hope it arrives on Tuesday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,244 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

Tesco advertising that "Low Price Guaranteed" for GTA IV and its available from Tuesday. 24hr stores included. No specifics though :(

Sorry if its old news.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 900 ✭✭✭cosgrove80

The fact they mention 24hr stores might suggest a "midnight launch" on Monday.

Interesting. Tesco could be the only chance of me getting mine

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,199 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Anyone have a list of 24-hours tesco stores?

edit...nm, i got three in Dublin that i might be trying. Tallaght, Blanch and Dundrum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

Ya billix! When I saw the thread title I thought you were going to say that Tesco placed an ad saying it was on sale today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

Kiith wrote: »

edit...nm, i got three in Dublin that i might be trying. Tallaght, Blanch and Dundrum.

Lucan, then on to Celbridge and Maynooth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,184 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

Does anyone know if the Tesco on the Ennis road would be a place to try buy this? The one in Doradoyle isnt as its games section is in the hardware place

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Does anyone know if the Tesco on the Ennis road would be a place to try buy this? The one in Doradoyle isnt as its games section is in the hardware place

Ill be trying it Monday night

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 657 ✭✭✭tomred1

Rang Tesco and they said ring Monday night and they will be able to tell me when they are putting out on the shelf.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,184 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

See you there buddy :pac::pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Kiith wrote: »

There's also Clairehall.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,199 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I was actually thinking of places that there are plenty of other shops around, so that if i go in early on Tuesday morning, and tesco dont have any, then i have other places to try.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

The on in blanch never sells games! They only sell DVD's and CD's :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

basquille wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure the video of yer man who's opening his copy early from Gameplay is fake for a couple of reasons:

1) Gameplay.co.uk have told anyone who e-mailed them regarding the game that credit cards have been charged, but it's not being sent out til Monday. This guy just happened to get sent his copy 5 days early? Nah, don't think so!
    2) The game wasn't in shrink-wrapping.. come on! :rolleyes:
    3) Gameplay.co.uk apparently don't sent out their stuff with shrink-wrap loosely wrapped around it.
    4) High quality printing paper and a DVD LiteWrite drives are only getting cheaper.

also don't all xbox360 games come with seal on the side with a logo or hologram on it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

Is the one in clarehall having a midnight release?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Beekay

neacy69 wrote: »
    Is the one in clarehall having a midnight release?

Hopefully they are, i don't see why they wouldn't put it on the shelf at midnight if the have it, they are open anyway after all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,147 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

I have it preordered in xtravision, but am going to try tescos on the Monday night. Xtravision don't open til 12 and will be more expensive even after the €5 I've already paid for it there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,214 ✭✭✭✭rob316

tomred1 wrote: »
    Rang Tesco and they said ring Monday night and they will be able to tell me when they are putting out on the shelf.

They told me the same thing in the wilton cork branch. The guy I was talking to was very helpful and told me he didnt know the price but it will be the lowest price in a retail store said about the €55 mark he thinks.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

Did he say they would be putting it out at midnight?

Advertisement