Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where will you buy yours? (GTA IV) MEGAMERGE!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,244 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

Sweet as a nut if its going to be €55. Anyone buzz Artane Castle Tesco?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

If its 55 euro then I will go to Tesco in Ballybrack on Monday at about 10.30. I put down 10 euro in Gamestop, but meh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,214 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Please don't quote me on the price but thats what he said. Just looking at the tesco uk website and its retailing for about £40 so €55 may be possible. lets hope

Nothing about a midnight launch though. Can anyone remember the Halo 3 tesco launch. Did they sell it at midnight or what?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,581 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

there's a 24-hour in bray, but i was there today and there was no ps3 games on the sheleves so i'd say they'll have 360 only.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭SNL

Ballybrack wont be selling til at least midnight got it from a fairly good authority up there i will be collecting mine then too

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Big_Mac

basquille wrote: »
    The Sligo store? I don't think so.. I know the manager there and he never mentioned it.

Was talking to the manager there (won't mention names), he said they're opening at 8 in the morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

Cremo wrote: »
    there's a 24-hour in bray, but i was there today and there was no ps3 games on the sheleves so i'd say they'll have 360 only.

I was in the Dundalk store today and they didn't have any PS3 games either, very strange....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 357 ✭✭Elem

Surely at the midnight launch you can pick up a copy without reserving it. Always big hyp about games but there always enough copies. Like launches of consoles as well.. apart from the Wii ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Kur4mA

Hi all. I'm not sure if this has been posted before but I just wanted to let you all know that Xtra-Vision in Blanchardstown and Ongar are doing a midnight release. I'm sure more or possibly all of their stores are following suit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

i believe finglas is too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

kyub wrote: »
    Hi all. I'm not sure if this has been posted before but I just wanted to let you all know that Xtra-Vision in Blanchardstown and Ongar are doing a midnight release. I'm sure more or possibly all of their stores are following suit.
    Oh brilliant, as I don't think the tesco in roselawn is doing it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭Neamhshuntasach

i believe finglas is too

I know someone in the Finglas one and he said it probably won't happen in that branch as they don't get paid extra and no one wants to stay back till after 12. I know they have never opened at midnight for game releases as long as he's been there.

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭Nanoc

Just call in sick go buy it at 9.00am and then enjoy for the day how much will ya get to play it that night anyways

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Drogheda open @ midnight too but i can 100% say they are selling pre orders only

I know someone in the Finglas one and he said it probably won't happen in that branch as they don't get paid extra and no one wants to stay back till after 12. I know they have never opened at midnight for game releases as long as he's been there.

who do you know? :p

was in the other day and one of the guys was saying there are definite plans to open at midnight, as ordered by the district manager (who also oversees operations in blanch and ongar).

they were all ready to go for a midnight opening for the ps3 but it didn't happen because of security reasons, so they opened at 8AM the next morning instead. they also planned to open for halo3 but there just wasn't enough pre-orders to justify it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭Fony Tenton

Artane anyone??

• Got a call from xtravision in Athlone about my pre order. There doing that thingy at 12 also just to inform, il be working at 8 next morning so il wait till the eve :( ............. i think ;D

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭leek

lads any news on tesco ballybrack for the monday midnight? im just down the road from it would be very handy, does any oneknow if there getting a lot of copies? and are they all pre-booked, cause i havnet booked anywere :O and do they even sell games therr? cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭SNL

leek wrote: »
    lads any news on tesco ballybrack for the monday midnight? im just down the road from it would be very handy, does any oneknow if there getting a lot of copies? and are they all pre-booked, cause i havnet booked anywere :O and do they even sell games therr? cheers

I wont find out until tomorrow how many there getting, but yeah they have done 360 games for a long time and am fairly sure it will be a midnight release or at least they will have it there so ya could ask, but i will post tomorrow if i find out the numbers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭Jack Sheehan

I reckon tesco Stillorgan is small enough (and they dont do preorders) that I can just sidle in there on tuesday morning and pick one up. Only problem is they open at 9 and school starts at 8 45. Bugger. Must think of way around this.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,199 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Just go in late. Your "bus" was late :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 dricko

I reckon tesco Stillorgan is small enough (and they dont do preorders) that I can just sidle in there on tuesday morning and pick one up. Only problem is they open at 9 and school starts at 8 45. Bugger. Must think of way around this.

On their website it says they open at 8 so i reckon your alright. They have displays in the window for it too, so there's a good chance they'll be stocking it. Ill be heading up there first thing anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,147 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Are all the Xtravisions staying open til 12, or is just a handful? Have copy pre-ordered in Xtravision Shankill, but it's a fairly small store so I don't think the chances of a midnight opening there are too great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 284 ✭✭Phaetonman

Galway Headford road?

They open till 11 anyway so an extra 1 1/2 hours isnt' going to kill them.

Phaetonman wrote: »
    Galway Headford road?

They open till 11 anyway so an extra 1 1/2 hours isnt' going to kill them.

you say that so easily, but when you're looking at your budgets for paying staff an extra 1.5 hours, heat, lighting etc. plus the fact that you'll probably have to put down the extra hours for overtime, it's quite expensive. especially if the store isn't that busy and the sales of GTA (which won't be particularly high margin) might not be that great anyway in that store..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭Jack Sheehan

Cheers. Think I'll give em a ring and make sure, I already skipped a day last week so i have to be on my toes.

Edit: The main shop in Stillo opens at 8 but the hardware stuff is timelocked till 9, but I think I might have a go at going in early to tesco in Dundrum, and then if that doesn't work, Stillo it is.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

will try Tesco Mahon Point Monday night.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

Just after contacted my local Tesco again and they said that they don't sell any PS3 games, or Wii games for that matter, and will only have the 360 version of GTA IV. Dunno if that applies to other Tesco's though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭ciano1

So...gamesnash,are they all ready to be sent out ??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,253 ✭✭✭Elessar

ciano1 wrote: »
    So...gamesnash,are they all ready to be sent out ??

They said they are not receiving them until tomorrow morning.

Lets hope they get the express ones posted before the 11am cutoff for next day delivery...

Advertisement