Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where will you buy yours? (GTA IV) MEGAMERGE!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭MayoForSam

id hate for a far off relative to suddenly be taken very ill by then ;)

Speaking of people taking ill, I pre-ordered from an Ebay seller with good rep, expected dispatch date was the 29th.

Yesterday, the guy emails me to say that his dad had just had a heart attack :eek: and he could no longer guarantee dispatch for tomorrow. I think the seller is genuine enough but talk about bad luck!

Oh well, might just chance my arm and stroll into Tesco's tomorrow morning and grab another copy (if available), I can always flog the Ebay copy when it arrives eventually. I won't have much gaming time for the next week anyhow.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

My copy from gamesnash is dispatched aswell, good stuff gamesnash.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Just now got an Amazon dispatch eMail for the SE...expected due date now out to 30th though.
    Damn it. I was supposed to be starting a job for someone today but they rang last night to put me off till thursday...

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭-Al-

anyone know if the sligo one is open tonight?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭pbirney

Just rang Lucan Tesco. Stock hasn't arrived yet & he had no idea of a price but took my contact details & will get someone to call me later today.

~Paul.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭DupsTheKid

spockpower wrote: »
    xtravision in waterford is opening at midnight for 45mins too:pac::pac:
    Which xtra-vision is that?

Tesco Rathfarnham??? Do they do games at all??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭Sean Quagmire

I think il ring xtravision in Clondalkin as thats where i have it pre-ordered.
    i dont fancy driving all over Dublin in the wee hours lookin for my fix of GTA ;)

...but im willing to drive down the road :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

My order from Gamesnash has been dispatched aswell. Yay :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

I think il ring xtravision in Clondalkin as thats where i have it pre-ordered.
    i dont fancy driving all over Dublin in the wee hours lookin for my fix of GTA ;)

...but im willing to drive down the road :D

I dont mind driving all over dublin looking for it, id just be afraid of hitting a few innocents in a race to Clarehall!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 907 ✭✭✭bandit197

-Al- wrote: »
    anyone know if the sligo one is open tonight?

Just rang them there, Its 10am tomorrow morning before they start selling. :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

kyub wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure it's 64.99 in Xtra-Vision..
    I pre-ordered mine a while ago in Portlaoise Xtra-vision and it cost me €59.99!

Just rang them there and they're opening at midnight!:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Not open in Santry....

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 21 rc1510

Iv Just been down with ur man at tesco in bray even though they are open 24/7
    they wont be sellin the game till 10am tomoro and its not pre order but he said he would keep me a copy for in the mornin..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 eoinaldhino

I rang Tesco 10 times during my lunchbreak and could not get through.. now im back in work and cant ring them again... but i am on a computer and can look at this fourm... If anybody gets any info on when its on the shelfs or even early realesed PLEASE Share

PS.. Is Tesco in Clarehall duing a midnight realesed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

rc1510 wrote: »
    Iv Just been down with ur man at tesco in bray even though they are open 24/7
    they wont be sellin the game till 10am tomoro and its not pre order but he said he would keep me a copy for in the mornin..

ah nuts!:(
    I hope Tesco Ballybrack or Dundrum sell it at midnight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Steoob

hey does anyone know if GTA is goin on sale in Zavvi in cork at midnight tonight? I have it prebooked there so its the only place i need to know really.

thanks

Has anyone recieved there text/phone call about there pre-order yet?. I won't be able to relax until i recieive it, waiting on word from either Smyths/Gamestop, put pre-bookings down on the 10th!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 leprechaun1916

I'd be interested in anywhere selling it at midnight in Cork. Not sure will Xtravision stay open,doubt zavvi will but you could ring them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

GAME are open at midnight tonight but they have it down for pre-books only. try ringing them, they may be getting a bigger allotcation that previously expected, you never know. tesco should be a good bet too, wilton, midleton wherever.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Demios

As far as i know, its GAME is the only place opening for it. But the Xtravision's dotted round the place might be worth a shot. Doubt Tesco would have it put, i usually pass by the one in Wilton most nights for some shopping and i've never seen them put stuff early, no matter the hype e.g. Halo 3 etc...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭String

I have a friend working in tesco and he said it could be 12, 2 or 8 in the morning. I dont know why these times but thats what he said. There have been large gta iv replica xbox 360 game boxes in there for the last week or so. Wilton that is

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Demios

I saw that there, the replica box that is...Maybe since the huge attention this is getting they picked up on the demand and will put it up early, regardless ill be getting mine in the morning at Smyths on the Kinsale Rd...Special edition OH YEA!

Incidentally the guy in there said they had loads of copies and that they weren't even allowed open a copy to play in the storeroom. Anyone who did gets fired! Jesus!

I got a buddy who's picking up two copies of it (360) in GAME tonight so if anyone is stuck for a copy PM me and ill try get him to sell it on if you have no luck grabbing a copy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

not open in raheny :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 219 ✭✭dlane99

I was in game earlier, he said that if i didnt have a pre order to call back wed morning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

My Gamesnash order has just been dispatched. Woohooo!
    +1

No guess work involved for the Gamesnash customers. Love being kept updated every stage of the process.

Roll on Tuesday morning.:D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭Vain

Has anyone recieved there text/phone call about there pre-order yet?. I won't be able to relax until i recieive it, waiting on word from either Smyths/Gamestop, put pre-bookings down on the 10th!!

Didnt think they ring or text you? Sure why would they?

Vain wrote: »
    Didnt think they ring or text you? Sure why would they?

because when people were pre-booking they were'nt sure how many they were going to get, i was told in Gamestop i was ''second on the waiting list'' then went to Smyths where my name went down in a book and he said ''you'll get a text to let you know''. Went back to Gamestop a few days ago just to ask again and he said they got more then they taught so i should be grand but ''i'd get a call/text from one of the lads'' there to let me know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭Vain

because when people were pre-booking they were'nt sure how many they were going to get, i was told in Gamestop i was ''second on the waiting list'' then went to Smyths where my name went down in a book and he said ''you'll get a text to let you know''. Went back to Gamestop a few days ago just to ask again and he said they got more then they taught so i should be grand but ''i'd get a call/text from one of the lads'' there to let me know.

Crap uv me worried now:D iv the SE book in smyths and have heard nothing yet from them:(

• Advertisement

Vain wrote: »
    Crap uv me worried now:D iv the SE book in smyths and have heard nothing yet from them:(

Not really, i'll get worried if people start saying they got contacted already. Been Ireland more then likely they won't do what they said anyway and you'll have to just go in!!.

Advertisement