Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where will you buy yours? (GTA IV) MEGAMERGE!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭Aldebaran

Mine is in Clonee too! C'mon, I'll drive

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,949 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Anyone who is under 18 beware.. there has been reports around the UK that staff are being told they SHOULDN'T be selling to under 18's.

And if you look under-age, do bring an ID.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

What price is it in GameStop?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

blink44 wrote: »
    ok i need help badly! i didnt pre order mine, game and zxavvi wont take pre orders anymore is there anywhere else that i can book one for 2moro or am i ****ed?

As I said in another thread, Harvey Norman in Dundalk are still taking pre-orders, even on the special edition. Whether that applies to their other stores I dunno

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

I'll be getting mine in the new Smyths store beside Jetland, Ennis Road Limerick.

ATTENTION PEOPLE STILL IN NEED!!!!:pac:
    I walked into this shop at 5.15 this evening, prebooked 2 PS3 copies and 1 360 copy, all of which I am guaranteed to get tomorrow morning! As of this time they still had plenty of copies remaining!

This may be the best bet for anybody still stuck for one in the Limerick / general Munster area!!

EDIT: No deposit was taken either. And no, I didn't ask how much it is going to be there (I don't really care at this stage :)).

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Recieved a text from Smyths Bray confirming my copy, so will be wandering down around 8.30 for opening. Ooh excitement!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

DOes anyone know if Smyths on Jervis Street open at 9 tomorrow or 8 as someone has told me?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Fizman wrote: »
    I'll be getting mine in the new Smyths store beside Jetland, Ennis Road Limerick.

ATTENTION PEOPLE STILL IN NEED!!!!:pac:
    I walked into this shop at 5.15 this evening, prebooked 2 PS3 copies and 1 360 copy, all of which I am guaranteed to get tomorrow morning! As of this time they still had plenty of copies remaining!

This may be the best bet for anybody still stuck for one in the Limerick / general Munster area!!

EDIT: No deposit was taken either. And no, I didn't ask how much it is going to be there (I don't really care at this stage :)).

Were they taking pre-orders for the special edition?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 110 ✭✭pphheerroonn

for some reason my local tesco isnt selling it until 2am... it seems a bit weird but the guy said there is an embargo on it until then for tesco... a typo in an in-company email perhaps?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,857 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

for some reason my local tesco isnt selling it until 2am... it seems a bit weird but the guy said there is an embargo on it until then for tesco... a typo in an in-company email perhaps?
    That guy is wrong. It's definitely 12.01am there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Tesco in Jervis St, said they should have it in but ring tomorrow. He said around €70.:eek:

Tesco in Jervis St, said they should have it in but ring tomorrow. He said around €70.:eek:
    That can't be right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

Melion wrote: »
    Were they taking pre-orders for the special edition?

Sorry man, I didn't even think of asking at the time!

ShaneU wrote: »
    That can't be right.
    Well, I did say pages and pages back that I wouldn't rely on Tesco having it at the lowest price.

basquille wrote: »
    Well, I did say pages and pages back that I wouldn't rely on Tesco having it at the lowest price.
    Aren't you the one that posted that scan of a tesco gta ad saying "low price guarantee" :D

That can't be right.

Well I'm literally off the phone to them 2 minutes ago. He didn't really sound like he had a clue though.

Does anyone know if Tesco in Rathmines or either of the one's on Baggot St sell PS3 games?

Would that 12:01 in Clare Hall...

Tempting...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

2am thats a strange one, he prob told you that so all his buddies can stroll in at 1201 and get it :D sneaky sh1te

Just got back my from local tesco's store (cork) and they're selling at midnight

I know that.. and I'd say they'll sell for it for the €55 but around the time every thought it would be the €50 mark (similar to Halo 3), I said not to hold your breath.

Could be though.. seems odd that Tesco haven't advertised the price though.

dar83 wrote: »
    Would that 12:01 in Clare Hall...

Tempting...
    That's the embargo for all the tescos, said so in the non-food news weekly.

• Advertisement

basquille wrote: »
    I know that.. and I'd say they'll sell for it for the €55 but around the time every thought it would be the €50 mark (similar to Halo 3), I said not to hold your breath.

Could be though.. seems odd that Tesco haven't advertised the price though.
    If it's €55, I could get it for €49.50 :D 10% discount ftw

Good stuff, may stroll over there at about half eleven so, do some much needed food shopping and drop a GTA IV into the basket as well on my way past. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

That guy is wrong. It's definitely 12.01am there.

2am here aswell in Tesco.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭The Dude 87

anyone know about the 24hr tesco in waterford????:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 601 ✭✭✭mgsrocks

Aren't you the one that posted that scan of a tesco gta ad saying "low price guarantee" :D

There is a difference between low price guarantee and low price guaranteed. I think if its a guarantee they'll refund you the difference if you find it cheaper somewhere else (and nobody ever bothers doing this).

Does anyone know if Tesco Express on Parnell St is stocking PS3 games, can't find a number anywhere to ring them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 110 ✭✭pphheerroonn

yeah i though of that im gonna head in at 12 anyway and ask... my local xtravision are doing a midnight launch and they are just next door so if they say anything il just say " but look all the cool stores are selling it...:)" lol. 2am is strange just...

so no-one has rang artane yet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭pljudge321

dar83 wrote: »
    DOes anyone know if Smyths on Jervis Street open at 9 tomorrow or 8 as someone has told me?

8 o'clock just got a text from them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭MobyDick

From what i heard,Clearwater are selling it from 8am tomorrow for about €40. That's what i was told by a manager. Don't know how true that is but i will be popping up tomorrow anyway

Advertisement