Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where will you buy yours? (GTA IV) MEGAMERGE!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭String

my friend in wilton said they will only have 6 copies and only xbox :( gta w8 till 2mrw so

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,857 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

MobyDick wrote: »
    From what i heard,Clearwater are selling it from 8am tomorrow for about €40. That's what i was told by a manager. Don't know how true that is but i will be popping up tomorrow anyway
    :eek: I hope he's right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

Does anyone know if Tesco Express on Parnell St is stocking PS3 games, can't find a number anywhere to ring them.

Was in there on Friday trying to see if I could blag some dozy employee to sell me one. As it turned out though, that Tesco's don't sell games. That's not to say they wont get a rake of GTA's in, because there almost a one off speciality, but I wouldn't hold my hopes.

You seem to be looking fro somewhere in the City centre, why not go to HMV Grafton St. I am sure someone in another thread was told by a staff member that they would have a fair few to sell on a first come first served basis on the night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

I have a copy of gta pre booked in smyths, dunno if i wanna go there though cos the ques will more than likely be rather long. was in PC world today in Mahon and saw that they were getting the game in...dont think many people would think about prebooking a ps3 game in PC world so might just go there and try pick up an unreserved copy... anyone have any other ideas where to go to avoid the ques?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Feck that HMW is like €65, I'd prefer to save my €10 being a student and all and having a long weekend coming up every penny counts.:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

Well bring your student card and save 5%. :D

HMV Grafton Street will be open 12-1 tonight and they should have a decent amount to go around on both formats. It's just too far for me to bother to be honest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

dar83 wrote: »

Secondary School student.:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 601 ✭✭✭mgsrocks

dar83 wrote: »

10% :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

Secondary School student.:mad:

*BWAH BWAHHHHHHHHHHH.....:confused::pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,581 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

ok i've got into gamestop in bray at 5:59 (closed at 6) and pre booked there for tomorrow at 8.

the guy behind the till was extremely sound and they will give me my fiver deposit back if i don't get it tonight, he even wished me luck in finding it tonight.

he also gave the impression that they'll have spare copies as he didn't say i got the last preorder so i'm assuming there'll be copies left over. it will be 65 euro in the shop and he also said if you bring in two games totally 35euro for trade-in you'll get GTA for free it's a pity i only buy good games for the ps3.

so the plan is still to hit dundrum tonight at 12, then try bray if they don't have it, then failing that it's picking it up before work tomorrow and then sitting in work all day looking at the box :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,043 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Cremo wrote: »
    ok i've got into gamestop in bray at 5:59

How many seconds into 5:59? Info is vital:pac:

*edit meh explained why you said that in your edit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,949 ✭✭✭✭Basq

mgsrocks wrote: »
    There is a difference between low price guarantee and low price guaranteed. I think if its a guarantee they'll refund you the difference if you find it cheaper somewhere else (and nobody ever bothers doing this).
    They'd be under no obligation whatsoever to do this..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 110 ✭✭pphheerroonn

ShaneU wrote: »
    That guy is wrong. It's definitely 12.01am there.

have u confirmed that with tesco? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

Just got back my from local tesco's store (cork) and they're selling at midnight

Which Tescos is that? I rang Mahon Point and she said it wouldn't be on the shelves until tomorrow morning and someone else said the same about wilton.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Anyone know what the Xtravision in Lucan is doing?

rob316 wrote: »
    well this is what I've gathered today.

Tesco Wilton - selling at midnight but only the xbox version
    Tesco Mahon- stocks both versions will be selling at about 7/8 tomorrow morning

I dnt know what to do now I dnt have it booked anywhere. Was really depending on getting it for ps3 in tesco tonight.

Fook, look slike I'll be getting up early tomorrow morning then. Anyone know what time Smyths at the Kinsale road roundabout will be opening tomorrow?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,857 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

have u confirmed that with tesco? :)
    It should be 12:01 in all tescos, unless other branches decide to sell it later

• Closed Accounts Posts: 218 ✭✭Kovik

Right, I've not pre-ordered the game as I've been in the peru since 1988. I'm succumbing to the hype and thinking I should have a go at nabbing one at a midnight release.

Never done this before, so can anyone confirm places like HMV will actually sell me a copy off the shelves that I haven't booked in advance?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭dc69

Ive been playing this for 4 days already,it aint even that good tbh.Vice city was better imo

the xbox version suffers alot from bits not loading,i.e like on the pc,where you would be driving and the road dissapears.

good luck queing up lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭druss666

have the same problem mate i dont wanna wait till tomorrow plus there is a chance that i wont get it tomorrow look like im out at 12 lol:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Plasmoid

It's a game not a console.

It costs cents to print the disc, cents to print the cover, cents to manufacturer the case in the depths of China and oh yeah, cents to ship it.

Barring gross incompetence, a disaster, a dodgy decision by a store or combination there will be no shortage.

That said stranger things have happened. No probs getting one tonight methinks, possibly slight probs tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 218 ✭✭Kovik

Well, my main hangup is whether or not they'll actually supply me with a copy at midnight. I know GAME have made it explicit that they're not selling to anyone but pre-orderers until the morning. Anyone know with experience of midnight sales if this is common practice?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 765 ✭✭✭6ix

As another who is succumbing to the hype overload, I have two questions:

- Do you think HMV Grafton St (or other similar shops in Dublin City Centre) will have plenty of stock so that I could just walk in at 9.15 tomorrow and grab a copy on my way to work?

- If not, is Tesco Dundrum doing a midnight opening?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Wrong thread dc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭druss666

were can i buy at midnight in dublin d1 d7 area

• Closed Accounts Posts: 682 ✭✭✭Bros123

NotorietyH wrote: »
    Fook, look slike I'll be getting up early tomorrow morning then. Anyone know what time Smyths at the Kinsale road roundabout will be opening tomorrow?

Ring them:rolleyes:

Bros123 wrote: »
    Ring them:rolleyes:

Well I would except they're closed by now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭Neamhshuntasach

It's 64.99 in xtra vision. I think someone was saying it was 60 in this thread earlier.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭SNL

Tesco ballybrack is not selling til 2am too which is ridiculous

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 682 ✭✭✭Bros123

NotorietyH wrote: »
    Well I would except they're closed by now.

http://www.toys.ie/Store_Locator.aspx

They are open 9.00 to 6.00.

Advertisement