Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where will you buy yours? (GTA IV) MEGAMERGE!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,857 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

basquille wrote: »

Tesco were €50 for Halo 3.. but may have been a once off. They're generally very pricey for games. Wouldn't touch Gamestop or Xtra-Vision with a barge pole..
    Devil may cry 4 and turok are both €50 in tesco. I'm telling you the place that has the cheapest price is usuallly HMV or tesco, gamestop are usually the dearest, I don't even bother looking there anymore.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,949 ✭✭✭✭Basq

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

I think this is a silly thread... but I'll post in it anyway! :D I'll get it were it is the cheapest, mmmkay?! Mmm, ^ that seems good, Amazon I suppose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,857 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

basquille wrote: »

works out at €55 including shipping so not really.

Yeah, Amazon are shafting us on postage on that. £7 for shipping!

However, i've just pre-ordered it at GamePlay.co.uk for €49.60, as i don't mind waiting an extra week (have plenty of other games in my collection that I've played half way through and are lying dormant) and i'm sceptical Tesco will have it at anywhere near €50.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭Lord Nikon

Regardless of how much it costs, I'll be buying it. It costs nothing to walk to Tescos and buy it. Or go to the nearest Zavvi and maybe save 3 quid, and buy a KFC meal for 9 euro, cause Im hungry and Im there.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Pre-ordered in GameStop and i made sure last night that i get the special edition. Its great knowing people in there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,819 ✭✭✭phill106

feylya wrote: »
    gta-iv-special-edition-s001sm.jpg

* Presented in a customised Grand Theft Auto metal safety deposit box, Grand Theft Auto IV: Special Edition contains:
    * Grand Theft Auto IV with special packaging
    * The Grand Theft Auto IV Art Book, featuring never-before-seen production artwork from Grand Theft Auto IV
    * Selected soundtrack CD from Grand Theft Auto IV, featuring new material from top artists, only available on this release
    * An exclusive Rockstar keychain for the safety deposit box keys
    * Limited Edition Rockstar Duffel Bag
    * All of the items have been created with the utmost attention to detail to create a unique Grand Theft Auto IV experience for any fan of the series. The Grand Theft Auto IV: Special Edition is available for pre-orders today.

More money than sense I guess :rolleyes:

I caved and also put deposit on this today for the ps3. Feck it, not much more, and how cool would it be to pull out a double barreled shotgun out of a gta duffel bag!
    Oh wait, did i just say that out loud...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,210 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

According to GamesIndustry.biz, HMV will be offering 1000 Xbox Live points to those who pre-order. Not sure if this is UK only, but a nice incentive for a game I was already planning on getting. I remember reading that they did it for Lost Odyssey pre-orders too. Anyone know if that was that UK and Ireland or just UK?

I've not pre-ordered a game in years :p

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

I noticed in Game today that you get 500 points for reserving and buying there...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

According to GamesIndustry.biz, HMV will be offering 1000 Xbox Live points to those who pre-order. Not sure if this is UK only, but a nice incentive for a game I was already planning on getting. I remember reading that they did it for Lost Odyssey pre-orders too. Anyone know if that was that UK and Ireland or just UK?

I've not pre-ordered a game in years :p

Yup noticed that myself and was about to post same.
    They're currently looking £39.99 stg for both formats (obviously MS points for 360 only), but 1000 points worth about 9-10 pounds right now.
    I can't see why this wouldn't apply to Irish buyers, though I'm not au fait with how points work across borders.

One thing to note though is that this offer sisn't included with the ltd ed pack...but you do get 120 quid in vouchers or something.

I've pre-ordered the ltd ed on HMV....but thing is, they royally f*cked me back when San Andreas came out...had it on pre-order for ages with them and on day of release they mailed to say that there were delays etc...I ended up cancelling after about 3 days and just going and buying it locally (when it finally came back in stock)...they'd better have upped their service by nowor I'll be pissed...

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭armour87

Preordered it in GAME, got a free football with it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 959 ✭✭✭4real

armour87 wrote: »
    Preordered it in GAME, got a free football with it!

a football with GTA IV !!! that;s WEIRD!!!!!!!!!!!:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,581 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

well we'd all rather an ak47 but i somehow doubt we'd get that, we can dream though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

Zonda999 wrote: »
    This is definately the type of game that you stroll down to your local tesco for.Hopefully thats a 24hr one and you can have gta-iv at 00:05am on the 29th april.

That is a mighty fine idea, I never thought of doing that. Thank you good Sir! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 959 ✭✭✭4real

just pre-order it rather than getting disappointed at the day coz this is the game that EVERYONE will be buying!!!

I have it ordered it for the 360 on play, but I don't expect to get that until a week later.

I plan on getting it for the ps3 on the day it's out, but I don't think im gonna pre-order it. Rockstar knows this will sell bucket loads, so they'll have plenty of stock out on the street, you just need to find the right shop. I know in my town Smyths might be a good bet (if not a bit expensive), if Tesco are all out of course.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 krustywanksock

im going to go around to every shop with my fake id and hopefully someone will sell it to me

With a name like krustywanksock, I'm gonna assume you're under the age of 18!

Just a guess!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 krustywanksock

im 17 and 8 months:

Give me a break!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

Expect the witches do not put the new releases out till after 10:00 at the earliest
    Benzino wrote: »
    That is a mighty fine idea, I never thought of doing that. Thank you good Sir! :D

BOFH_139 wrote: »
    Expect the witches do not put the new releases out till after 10:00 at the earliest

What do you mean? You could just ask them anyway, regardless if they are out on the shelves or not.

I do rememer when GTA:SA came out. The night before release I went into Xtra-Vision hoping to get it early.

I asked:
    "Do you have Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas?"

Xtra-Vision guy:
    "I'm afraid not"

I peer around him and see a whole frigging shelf full with Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas boxes, brand new.

So I asked:
    "Are you sure?"

And he replied, yea, we don't have any.

I left it at that. Completely off topic I know, but I always find it amusing how he just lied to me, instead of saying they can't sell it until the next day

i'm going to pre-order the special edition and buy the normal one in tescos.

i'm afraid no where in town will get the special edition.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 553 ✭✭✭Futurism

Don't know whether to get the special edition or not.Can get the game in Virgin/Zavvi with a 30% discount so I'd be able to get it at normal game price.

Wait..would Virgin/Zavvi have the special edition?

Can be pre-ordered at HMV online here with the 1000 free points!

just so you's know i ordered the special edition from thehut works out at 77 euro whereas play is 108.99 for the same thing. i think it's time for me to wave bye bye to play.com

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭andy1249

In the true spirit of the franchise , I shall loiter with intent outside one of said stores on release day , and clobber the first person who comes out the door with a special edition and make my getaway !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Kur4mA

I pre-ordered the normal edition in GAME yesterday just for handiness sake. I'll be taking the Tuesday and Wednesday off to get strung out on GTA4. I will also be loitering outside the shop on the day to make sure I get my copy ASAP. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

andy1249 wrote: »
    In the true spirit of the franchise , I shall loiter with intent outside one of said stores on release day , and clobber the first person who comes out the door with a special edition and make my getaway !

Great to see someone getting into the GTA frame of mind good and early!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Is it worth going into tesco and asking them if they will have it at midnite?
    I am lucky enough to have the 29th off...think it was faith

Advertisement