Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where will you buy yours? (GTA IV) MEGAMERGE!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭penguinpoppers

To be honest i doubt there will be many at gamestop in the A.M. Id say if you want to get one just arrive early.ALOT of people wont be up for waking so early.(even if it is GTA)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭CRAIG07

I Just Got A Message From Smyths To Say It Would Be In Stock From Tomorrow, And That I Should Pick It Up By Wensday. I Will Be Collecting It Tomorrow At 3 30 Pm ( Gota Go School :( ) Does This Mean I Am Guarenteed A Copy Of The Game. I Put My Number Im The Thing On There Website To Let Me Know When It Was In Stock...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Were they just an post tracking numbers?

If so it takes ages for them to show up on the an post site...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,143 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

I just emailed them there and got an instant reply. Amazing customer service
    Good evening Craig,

We were advised late this afternoon of a possible problem with An Post which was potentially going to affect the next day express delivery service to the D15 area. As a precaution and since we are based in Blanchardstown ourselves we have pulled all deliveries to Dublin 15 and will be delivering them ourselves early tomorrow morning. Your game will be with you before 9am in the morning. We are showing a second order to your address too which will also be delivered by hand in the morning

Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience in regards to the tracking numbers - our technical support have been manually updating effected orders to delete the tracking numbers and notify effected customers. We are sorry this has not been done in time to prevent you trying to trace a number which is not on the An Post system. That said we hope the fact you will receive your package before the express post would have arrived will make up for it.

Regards
    Laura Meegan
    Customer Services

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭druss666

is there any point in going into henry st at bout 12

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 218 ✭✭Kovik

Neato.

I'm getting particularly panicky since, being that I live about 10 minutes from Trinity, I've been put in charge of picking copies up for three other people (possibly more). I may have to head around to a few different stores assuming they're letting people walk out with multiple copies in tow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Heh.....thats pritty good alright

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭Fony Tenton

Cant ask for better service

• Closed Accounts Posts: 402 ✭✭JM MARCONI

I was just up in Tesco Dundrum and there was a sign saying it would be on sale at 2.05 am. I asked why not 12 and the lady said because they still havnt been delievered.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 eoinaldhino

i rang tesco in clarehall and they said they didnt get there order in... **** i was relieing on them....

is tesco in artane 24hr or selling at midnight

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

portlaoise is open, just rang there now, prebook only tho, wohoo no sleep or work tomorrow
    Already said earlier in the thread!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭cian1500ww

Seem like a good trustworthy bunch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

wow, i've ordered taxis that took longer than that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭WellyJ

Do you need to have preordered?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭bobbysands81

Does anyone know if it's opening at midnight for GTA IV???

I'm not sure who you talked to, but suggesting the idea of massive retailers like HMV selling out a new title literally before daybreak the day of release seems highly unlikely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

I was in Tesco in Tallaght earlier and the guy I asked said it was going on the shelves at midnight.

I'll be heading past there in about an hour after picking the girlfriend up to walk her home from work so I'll head in and ask again and let everyone know.

I won't be hanging on to pick up a copy (I have mine pre-booked in Xtra-vision and am paying for it with a gift-card I had on stand-by cos I've no cash atm) so I can let everyone know with enough time for anyone in the area to get there before midnight

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

I'll be heading in anyway, I'd say they'll be fairly strict about the time.

Yep, preorder only.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭Neamhshuntasach

I reckon it is going to be difficult to pick a copy up anywhere regardless of format by tomorrow night. I know a lot of the xtra visions didn't get extra copies. Finglas got 5 extra 360 copies for general sale and that is one of their busiest game stores in Ireland. So imagine how many the smaller or less busier stores got if they even got any extra.

And a lot of stores say they have loads spare to get you into their store.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 657 ✭✭✭tomred1

Just rang Tesco in Maynooth and Lucan they both said going on the shelfs at 2.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭LeoGilly

Yeah pretty sure your man hadn't a clue!!! To HMV so!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 eoinaldhino

just rang tesco in artane.. IT IS 24hr AND SELLING FROM 12.... YEEESSSSSS

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

creggy wrote: »
    OK, I ordered 2 copies of GTA4 from gamesnash with both express post. I was given 2 tracking numbers. None of these work!

Does anyone have a tracking number that doesn't work with these guys?

Just checked and mine is now showing on An Post's site - it wasn't earlier
    today.
    Your an Post tracking number assigned to this order is LL0 XXXXXXX IE please note this number will not be live on the An Post site until Monday evening. Thank you for shopping at Gamesnash

I'd say the problem is at An Post's end, their online tracking is hit and miss.
    If it's not showing in the morn get onto Gamesnash,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

I dont think gamestops are doing midnight releases.

I reckon it is going to be difficult to pick a copy up anywhere regardless of format by tomorrow night. I know a lot of the xtra visions didn't get extra copies. Finglas got 5 extra 360 copies for general sale and that is one of their busiest game stores in Ireland. So imagine how many the smaller or less busier stores got if they even got any extra.

And a lot of stores say they have loads spare to get you into their store.
    I'd say it's more likely for stores to downplay their extra copies to get you to pre-order with them, but I dunno.

More conspiracy theories please.

The Gamestop in Stephen's Green is doing one, I'm pretty sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭Neamhshuntasach

I think that entire center closes around 10 or so. I can't imagine the center security keeping it open for one shop. It would be different if the Dunnes Stores was still open till after midnight. And that Game Stop closes at 6 Mon-Wed.

Sure give them a call. 01 864-6157.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭MikeHoncho

Come on someone tell me if Nutgrove is open. Dont make me get off my lazy ass and phone them myself:D.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

yep, pre-orders only.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭tomdadude

I was in there today and I was told that all PS£ copies are sold out.I was told though that xbox360 copies will be available

Advertisement