Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where will you buy yours? (GTA IV) MEGAMERGE!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 763 ✭✭✭F-Stop

their website design could be a little better

That was my first impression too, but after a few dealings I'd rather have that site design and great service than some flashy web 2.0 site run by people who don't have a clue.

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭LeoGilly

I'm off to Grafton!!! Good luck to everyone tonight!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,857 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Great service there, eircom take note.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

Pre-ordered ftw, muwahahahahahaHAHAH!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

LeoGilly wrote: »

Best of luck!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 580 ✭✭✭Tyrant^

stuff to bring.... first aid kid... riot gear ... stink bombs might work... naked pictures of mary harney should work..... anything im missing?

Pre-ordered ftw, muwahahahahahaHAHAH!

dude your missing all the fun! pre-order? bah!

/me secretly wishes he had pre-ordered!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭pbirney

tomred1 wrote: »
    Just rang Tesco in Maynooth and Lucan they both said going on the shelfs at 2.

Anyone know if,

1. Tesco Lucan will be selling the PS3 version?
    2. Will they be selling the special edition?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,244 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

I presume Tesco will have a national policy for this. All the same anyone been in contact with Tesco in Artane Castle regarding when it's going on shelves?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

It's 64.99 in xtra vision. I think someone was saying it was 60 in this thread earlier.

Ye in the Mirror today it said €59.99 for both consoles and when I rang up about 7 Xtra-visions they said €64.99.:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

been hugely impressed with them since placing my order for GTA. I'll be over the moon with them when it arrives tomorrow.

Their customer service is second to none (i had a PM from "gamesnash.ie" regarding a query I had in relation to my order, you just can't beat that in fairness), and I WILL be going with them for my Metal Gear Solid pre-order (when are ye taking them btw?? :) ), and indeed many other games in the future

so gamesnash take a bow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 580 ✭✭✭Tyrant^

i cant wait to see what its like in the square... i do remember the release of WOW the burning crusade... i dont think it was a midnight release AFAIK
    but there was only about 10 guys outside game for WOW:BC that morning...

Fair play Gamesnash, that is good people right there. I will certainly be using them for future big releases.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

LeoGilly wrote: »

Best of luck. I have to hold out till tomorrow for my searches.:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

MEGAMERGE!

lol tho some excited peoples :D

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 218 ✭✭Kovik

I do not approve of this megamerge. People aren't going to trawl through 48 pages to learn about midnight releases so we're going to get another 15 appearing in the next 5 minutes.

Oh, oh the madness.

In all seriousness, best of luck to everyone trying to get a copy.

There's something special about getting a new console or mega title on release day, and no one should be robbed of that satisfaction. As stated in another thread, it costs fack all to manufacture (as in print up) and distribute games. Take Two and wholesalers have had months to get this ready, there's no reason that anyone should be left disappointed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Damn you kdjac!

I just clicked the second page of the gamenash thread when you MEGAMERGED. I was using that thread to figure out are they a good company to buy from.

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭whitetrash

Kovik wrote: »
    I do not approve of this megamerge. People aren't going to trawl through 48 pages to learn about midnight releases so we're going to get another 15 appearing in the next 5 minutes.

Oh, oh the madness.

Where's a boards wiki when you need one?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Kovik wrote: »

Oh, oh the madness.

agreed. I had a separate thread on liffey valley that's merged into this mess now.

• Advertisement

I just clicked the second page of the gamenash thread when you MEGAMERGED. I was using that thread to figure out are they a good company to buy from.

+1 for Gamesnash from me.

Traded 3 games to them and bought COD4, absolutely pain free experience and absolutely fantastic customer service.

quarryman wrote: »
    agreed. I had a separate thread on liffey valley that's merged into this mess now.

This is a bummer. I posted a query a while ago about Tesco in Lucan & it's now buried somewhere in this thread :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

Was the megamerge really needed? They were all gonna die in the next 24hrs anyway and nobody is going through 44 pages in the next 2 hours.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭WellyJ

pbirney wrote: »
    This is a bummer. I posted a query a while ago about Tesco in Lucan & it's now buried somewhere in this thread :mad:

Ill be there at 2350 anyway :)

So seeya then

bigkev49 does not approve of this megamerge.

Yeah this megamerge sucks... I can see why one was eventually needed, but would it have been too much to leave it as it was for a few hours so ppl could easily see threads relating to stores that are near them?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 276 ✭✭mayway

The game should be about €70 and you will not get a copy if you have not preordered. It will be magnificent.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 276 ✭✭mayway

Anyone know about Smyths in Airside? Midnight opening?

WellyJ wrote: »
    Ill be there at 2350 anyway :)

So seeya then

Darn, it's been reported elsewhere that Tesco Lucan won't be putting it on the shelves 'til 2am!!! :mad:

... and I don't even know if they'll be selling the PS3 version.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Beekay

mayway wrote: »
    Anyone know about Smyths in Airside? Midnight opening?

I was in there today and there was nothing around about one, I doubt there would be for some reason.

Advertisement