Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where will you buy yours? (GTA IV) MEGAMERGE!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

DirkVoodoo wrote: »
    What exactly can we expect then ShaneU at tesco? Is it a mad free for all or do you que up and they hand out the copies ona first come first served basis

....hes not gonna answer is he? He's playing it right now :(

Seemed to be all pretty orderly to me... they just had people queue up until they ran out of copies... They only seemed to have 360 copies any way and I think I'd rather go with the PS3 version, so I'll try the local Game before work in the morning.

Xtravision next door looked a little chaotic though... I think they had a ticket system in place to let people into the shop one by one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,857 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

DirkVoodoo wrote: »
    What exactly can we expect then ShaneU at tesco? Is it a mad free for all or do you que up and they hand out the copies ona first come first served basis

....hes not gonna answer is he? He's playing it right now :(
    They make you queue up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Ha.. the thread will go quiet now... those who got a copy will be busy playing and those who didn't will be busy crying themselves to sleep...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,857 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

you get a 1 month xbox live gold trial with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,244 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

Yep... Just back... there about 10 people in front of me when they said they only had 3 copies left.

lol was in front of you so monkeyfudge!! But I still didnt get a copy :mad:

Goddamn yoofs got the last few.

Apparently Artane got Clarehalls 23 copies.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭Tony_ire

I'm just back from tesco ardkeen.. 40+ people standing around the games aisle. Earlier on they'd said they'd sell it at 2am but i went up just incase. Couldnt be bothered waitin. Probly jus on a donut run, but squad car was outside..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 407 ✭✭kaiser soza

Did Tesco have the boxset or standard

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭bazzachazza

I couldn't be arsed going up at stupid o'clock for a game i will just wait a few weeks till there is loads available .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Lucifer

I have it! didnt preorder so queued outside hmv grafton st from 10:45 and got it! queue was quite big so dont know if everyone was going to get one. they had alot of copys but could be alot of preorders.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

Tescos in Mahon Point in Cork has em and on sale, bot systems, seemed to have a fair few yet. Arrived at 12:05 and was ecstatic when I noticed people walking out with it in their hands, then worried when I didn't see it on display anywhere. Then happy again when I asked hte manager if he had any copies yet and he disappeared behind the ciggie counter and came back with my copy. I did some Grand Theft Auto driving on the way home. Now installing it and having a bowl of cereal to keep me going for the next few hours.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭MikeHoncho

Just back from Nutgrove. No midnight opening from Xtra Vision and a very empty Tesco with no GTA's. Decided to nip up to Dundrum. Killing each other in Game and a bunch of people milling around the games aisle in Tesco. Decided I was too tired to hang on or try Nutgrove Tesco again so il have a good nights sleep and pick up my pre book from Xtra vision tommorrow first thing. Happy playing to anyone who got it.

Still seems strange that there are so few copies available from day 1. I know its too ensure there is a fair spread across the country but this is just silly.

I got COD4 no problem on release day in GAME without prebooking and there was still loads nearly 100+ left on the shelf.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

bigkev49 wrote: »
    lol was in front of you so monkeyfudge!! But I still didnt get a copy :mad:

Goddamn yoofs got the last few.

Apparently Artane got Clarehalls 23 copies.

That sucks big time im glad i didnt decide to walk all the way down to clarehall to chance my arm and probaly get attacked by a gang of pikies again :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,949 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Still seems strange that there are so few copies available from day 1. I know its too ensure there is a fair spread across the country but this is just silly.

I got COD4 no problem on release day in GAME without prebooking and there was still loads nearly 100+ left on the shelf.
    CoD4 was a BIG game but GTA is something else. Everyone wants GTA IV...

.. i've pre-ordered a copy for my goldfish Jasper.

Does anyone know if Clearwater have any

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 616 ✭✭✭dohboy

So if I didn't pre-order, what are my chances of getting it somewhere tomorrow?

About the same as winning the Lotto i imagine.

dohboy wrote: »
    From other thread:
    Got it in Game Midnight launch Dundrum - plenty with no pre orders i think there will be loads tomorrow. Good Hunting

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

basquille wrote: »
    .. i've pre-ordered a copy for my goldfish Jasper.

From Gamesnash.:p:p

From Gamesnash.:p:p
    Yes, but only on the condition Jasper can have his way with them!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,043 ✭✭✭Unearthly

dohboy wrote: »

Well put it into perspective. Most people who have comeback went to Tesco, where computer games aren't their main product so they wouldn't have the same amount of stocks the likes of HMV, Game etc will have. You'll have no problem tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭ParalysedBeaver

I really hope that I get mine tomorrow/today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

basquille wrote: »
    Yes, but only on the condition Jasper can have his way with them!

Nice LOL. BTW my complete stranger request for you on Live is still pending.:confused::D

Answer from Clearwater after 15 calls, they will have some tomorrow morning
    The guy wouldn't give me a time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,143 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

It's 8am, My friend called them this afternoon. Go earlier just in case.

Thanks for the info I need two on each machine,I like pain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 690 ✭✭✭givyjoe81

what time are game stores in dublin open til anyone know? and is it only pre orders being sold?

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭ParalysedBeaver

Im off to bed now. Here's hoping a regular An Post version comes tomorrow for me ;-;

• Closed Accounts Posts: 682 ✭✭✭Bros123

ShaneU wrote: »
    I HAVE GTA4! €60 in tesco artane, €54 with staff discount booyah!!!. They only got 25 copies in :eek:

Enjoy the game Shane and watch the install time,it's a killer!!!:p

• Advertisement

Don't say its longer than the 35 mins I had to wait for Grand Turissmo to load

Advertisement