Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where will you buy yours? (GTA IV) MEGAMERGE!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,581 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

right the low down, i'm back.

tescos will have it out on the shelf at 2:05 why i do not know.

went and joined the queue for game, pre ordered it in the queue (they gave you a sheet and anyone with a sheet got the game).

i didn't preorder any version and i walked in and bought the ps3 and 360 version (for a mate).

just waiting for the install to finish, another 20 seconds i think.

both versions are 65 euros, and game have offers on numerous games in there and accessories.

never seen a queue as big in my life. was around by the O2 shop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 682 ✭✭✭Bros123

Cremo wrote: »
    right the low down, i'm back.

tescos will have it out on the shelf at 2:05 why i do not know.

went and joined the queue for game, pre ordered it in the queue (they gave you a sheet and anyone with a sheet got the game).

i didn't preorder any version and i walked in and bought the ps3 and 360 version (for a mate).

just waiting for the install to finish, another 20 seconds i think.

both versions are 65 euros, and game have offers on numerous games in there and accessories.

never seen a queue as big in my life. was around by the O2 shop.

So is the opening credits as good as they say???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,214 ✭✭✭✭rob316

just got in tesco mahon point cant believe it. installing now off to play. whooo!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

Im off to bed now. Here's hoping a regular An Post version comes tomorrow for me ;-;

+1..and to those that have it,congrats and happy gaming.;)

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

rob316 wrote: »
    just got in tesco mahon point cant believe it. installing now off to play. whooo!!

How much?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,513 ✭✭✭Tony H

NotorietyH wrote: »
    Tescos in Mahon Point in Cork has em and on sale, bot systems, seemed to have a fair few yet. Arrived at 12:05 and was ecstatic when I noticed people walking out with it in their hands, then worried when I didn't see it on display anywhere. Then happy again when I asked hte manager if he had any copies yet and he disappeared behind the ciggie counter and came back with my copy. I did some Grand Theft Auto driving on the way home. Now installing it and having a bowl of cereal to keep me going for the next few hours.

i saw your post after i came home empty handed from Tesco in Midleton after waiting for an hour and a half (all they had was 10 copies for the 360 ,i needed ps3 ), I went straight up to mahon point tesco and picked up a copy for my son , many many thanks , fitz

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Mack2300

Well I'm gonna try Argos tomorrow morning. They're selling it for 60 euro which seems fair enough and you can't reserve a copy online which is even more fair again for those of us who didn't pre-order. I just hope they'll have it stocked already....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

fitzdragon wrote: »
    i saw your post after i came home empty handed from Tesco in Midleton after waiting for an hour and a half (all they had was 10 copies for the 360 ,i needed ps3 ), I went straight up to mahon point tesco and picked up a copy for my son , many many thanks , fitz

No probs, glad you got it. Wouldn't have felt right sitting at home playing it away knowing people were trying to find it. Enjoy!

• Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭LanceStorm

back from tesco ardkeen in waterford!!
    turned up at 12 to find its not on sale till 2am...
    stuck it out tho and was about 12th in queue, only about 50 of each version for sale, id say theres a few of the PS3 ones left!!
    i dont even like GTA games, i was just bored, seemed like a fun thing to do!!
    anyone want it??

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

so €65 for Tesco then?

Bit steep, thought it'd be a little cheaper.

Might try Harvey Norman tomorrow first.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,214 ✭✭✭✭rob316

jayteecork wrote: »
    so €65 for Tesco then?

Bit steep, thought it'd be a little cheaper.

Might try Harvey Norman tomorrow first.

€60 mate, harvey normans is €56 not much of a difference. just finished playing for tonight wow!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭Vikings

Tesco Celbridge are dead to me!

Went in this morning before getting to work, none on the shelves. Asked 3 or 4 people - none had a clue and wouldn't even go try find out for me!

Going to try grab a copy somewhere around Blanch at lunch time ... agh!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

Wish me luck, surprised this place was never mentioned (unless i'm going blind), but i'm gonna start queuing at Game in Northside S.C now. Will let ya know how i get on when i get back. :D

VR!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

surprisingly big Q @ xtravision Drogheda anyone who didnt pre order was turned away, just work up and stil havent played it yet as my xbox is @ the dublin house so a while yet b4 i get a play. Im tired and grumpy now not because of the excitement but because the free energy drink xtravision drogheda handed out. Like an idiot i drank it on the way home :eek:

Ha ha ha I just remembered some girl was taking pictures of her boyfriend when he was buying his copy definately one to remember i guess.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 763 ✭✭✭F-Stop

Postman just delivered GTA IV. Thank you gamesnash.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Vikings wrote: »
    Tesco Celbridge are dead to me!

Went in this morning before getting to work, none on the shelves. Asked 3 or 4 people - none had a clue and wouldn't even go try find out for me!

Going to try grab a copy somewhere around Blanch at lunch time ... agh!

thanks, for that, saved me a trip.

quarryman wrote: »
    thanks, for that, saved me a trip.

No worries. Was going to chance lucan on the way to work too but traffic on the N4 was nuts so skipped it. Lucky too cause apparently they sold out shortly after 12!

Anybody know if anywhere in Blanch SC will have copies without a preorder? Going to ring when everywhere opens but just want to get an idear!

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭blink44

just back from tesco dundrum and got it, they had about 5 copys left of each version but noone insight looking for it, theyr on the end of the aisle just in case ur lookin cuz i walked right past it when i was lookin for it!

€39.99!!!! thats the cheapest i cud imagine, its like 69.99 in most other stores! get to tesco!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,949 ✭✭✭✭Basq

39.99.. that can't be right! :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

basquille wrote: »

Tis, that's their promotional price.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,949 ✭✭✭✭Basq

calex71 wrote: »
    Ha ha ha I just remembered some girl was taking pictures of her boyfriend when he was buying his copy definately one to remember i guess.
    The term 'sad bastard' comes to mind!! :D :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭blink44

basquille wrote: »

yeah i was like wtf? seemed too good to be true but apparantly not! makes me wonder why t hell im on this forum and not playing it, ok im outta here! ha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

F-Stop wrote: »
    Postman just delivered GTA IV. Thank you gamesnash.

Same :D Thanks Gamesnash :-) Im off to play. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭bazzachazza

Just checked and reserved my copy in Argos in Tallaght still available in Athlone/Drogheda and other Bin licking counties.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭RAIN

Q'd at Zavii in dundrum at 8 . Six people there waiting ,shutter came half way down i ducked in grabbed the first 3 on the stand (there was about 12 left for xbox when i was leaving) stupid work. Im sick that i paid 75 !and i could have got them for 39 !!!!!! Still im gratefull i over heard someone in zavii say they had more stock then they thought when i was in there saturday cus i would have been major pissed if i didnt get one.

Just checked and reserved my copy in Argos in Tallaght still available in Athlone/Drogheda and other Bin licking counties.

Ooooh ...:pac: good call!!!

https://www.argos.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Search?storeId=30001&catalogId=1500001101&langId=-1&searchTerms=grand+theft+auto

Reserved my copy in Liffey Valley argos there, can collect it today or tomorrow. Not in any rush to find it now hehe :D

edit: Just checked and I can reserve another 10 copies if I wish so it looks like they have plenty to go around there.

I have it reserved in argos! what do you do? do you write down the code they gave you on one of those argos sheets and bring it up to the counter or just go up and say i have this booked?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,109 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

I have it reserved in argos! what do you do? do you write down the code they gave you on one of those argos sheets and bring it up to the counter or just go up and say i have this booked?

there are two lines at the top of their little docket for entering your reservation number.
    Post edited by Boards.ie: Mike on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Dublinstiofán

Only preorder PS3 copies remaining in HMV Henry St €69.99 as of 9:02am

• Advertisement

Thanks Tauren! roll on lunch!!

Advertisement