Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where will you buy yours? (GTA IV) MEGAMERGE!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,949 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Will let ye know if there's any copies left in Tesco Sligo in a couple of minutes..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭the corpo

Tesco Clearwater has it at 39.99, guy said he had two 360 ones left and about 8 on ps3, said it's been fairly slow for them

those of you yet to pick it up, make sure you and try and get your shop to price match with tesco. that kinda price difference is sorta shocking

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭AdrianII

the corpo wrote: »
    Tesco Clearwater has it at 39.99, guy said he had two 360 ones left and about 8 on ps3, said it's been fairly slow for them

those of you yet to pick it up, make sure you and try and get your shop to price match with tesco. that kinda price difference is sorta shocking

they had 40 copies of each at 8am - so they are selling well. Alot of people dont know of the price cut

** stares at phone waiting for the girlfriend to ring me with confirmation of getting it! **

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭gizzymo

just got it at 9.20 am in smyths on parnell street for the 360....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 765 ✭✭✭6ix

Picked up mine at Gamestop Rathmines this morning around 9am. No problems getting it for the 360 anyway, no queues either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,492 ✭✭✭MementoMori

Fair few copies left in Smyths on Parnell St for both consoles - not as busy as they expeceted acording to staff - while i was there someone rang looking to find out how many copies were left - and the girl on the phone said a good few

None left in Tesco Jervis - only got 360 version - price 39.99

Hope that helps

Just waiting for mone to load now

Got mine in Tesco, Sligo.. wahey!

Multiplayer later lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭Grudle

Picked it up in Tesco Carlow for €40 this morning at 9.15. Had a good few copies left for 360 anyway. Wasn't really looking to see if any PS3 available. Now I just have to wait till I get home to play it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭TheGreatOne

€64.99 in Smyths Airside, no pre-book necessary. BooYah!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭paulie13

Tesco in Jervis Street had 6 copies for the Xbox 360 only.

Was there when they opened and got one for €40. Happy days!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Batesy

Sold out in Tesco Ballybrack and Bloomfields. Argos Dun Laoghaire Sold Out.
    Only Pre-orders left in Xtra Vision Ballybrack.

Just reserved a copy in Argos Arklow. Collect today or tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

As TheGreatOne said, Smyths in Airside had em.

Game in Northside said they weren't parting with theirs until the preorder deadline ended which was 48 hours.

Xtra Vision in Artane wasn't open. They did have a decent deal of a new PS3 with GTA IV for €429 for those who wanted to buy one.

VR!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,475 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

Bucket loads of them in Smyths and various stores in Liffey Valley..
    Usual crap......hyped up beyond belief with pre-orders, but honestly, unless you're very unlucky, you'll find it no problem..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

Bucket loads in Liffey Valley?!

Wow.. gonna buzz up now and take a look.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,475 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

Holsten wrote: »
    Bucket loads in Liffey Valley?!

Wow.. gonna buzz up now and take a look.

Zaavi had both versions for 70 euro (robbers)....I think Game were selling both for 65 euro (they had loads behind counter and in brown boxes - store was empty when I looked in around 10:30......staff looked a little surprised as well, maybe they were expecting more, though they did have a midnight opening apparently)
    I picked up the PS3 and 360 one in Smyths prior to this anyway....small queue (10 people or so at 10:00), but no problem at all picking them up........didn't bother pre-ordering anywhere..

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Gunther_Gloop

There were none on the shelf in Tesco Mahon (Cork) this morning around 9:15. I asked at the ciggie counter and yes they had them. She went in the back and brought it out. I said "you probably have loads do you?"
    She shook her head and said no.

39.99. Woo hoo! :)

Hopefully I'll get to play around 2pm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

i just gave up and ordered one of play.com
    this is my last week of college so i should get it by Friday hopefully !
    every shop they "might" have a few on friday or the week after ah well
    better late than never.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

F*ck that, waiting on the special ed to come from UK, but won't be here till tomorrow...went into Tesco Dundalk when I saw that €40 price posted, but they're sold out since 9.30...could get it elsewhere in town for €55-70 but the hell with that, I'll just wait.
    [edit] 70 notes in zavvi...robbing bastards

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭ParalysedBeaver

Woot. I love gamernash. I didnt have the express shipping and I got it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,642 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

basquille wrote: »
    39.99.. that can't be right! :confused:

Sure is! I posted a thread about it on the xbox forum. Newstalk discussed the various prices around the different shops this morning.

Im raging cos i pre-ordered the special edition online for under €100. :(

faceman wrote: »
    Sure is! I posted a thread about it on the xbox forum. Newstalk discussed the various prices around the different shops this morning.

Im raging cos i pre-ordered the special edition online for under €100. :(
    Yep, check the time I posted that. Have bought it there since! :D

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

I just realised I'm not gonna bother getting this for a while.

I have exams starting next Tuesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭leek

got mine was night at around 2.30 in tesco dundrum for 60. but now i see its 40 wTf 4 hours adn they drop 20?!!? ah who cares i got it!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 601 ✭✭✭mgsrocks

Just got mine in tesco clarehall, had to go desk got they dont have them on shelfs. €40 and one per customer. Girl there said not may xbox versions left but loads of ps3

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

play-asia version should be about 40 euro including shipping.
    Works on PAL too.

http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-dw-49-en-70-2hcw.html

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,642 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

basquille wrote: »
    Yep, check the time I posted that. Have bought it there since! :D

:( x2 for me!!! Im waiting on the call to say it has arrived at home...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

I caved and headed out to blanch. Bought my ps3 copy from GAME as wasn't sure nearby tesco's had any ps3 copies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 900 ✭✭✭Gegerty

Hahahaha I've Had It Since Friday And Nearly Have It Finished Already Ssuckaaaas!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

I'm sorry sir, you seem to be confusing us with people who give a sh*t! :D
    VR!

Advertisement